Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:
Dang, nobody has mentioned Matthewmatosis yet. The undisputed king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
king of being wrong about dark souls 2 maybe

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Scott the Woz has to be on the first page. He doesn't shill. He doesn't have sponsors. He doesn't beg for money on Patreon. He doesn't ask for likes and subscribes. He focuses on Nintendo and tells jokes, some of which are good. His videos usually come out once a week on Sunday.

And apparently he is getting a TV show soon.

sounds like an op

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Matthew "what is subtext" matosis

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

He posts content super infrequently but I've really loved everything Yaz Minsky has put out. Here's one of my favourites, talking about 4X strategy games in the context of '90s political thought, and how Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri bucked the trend and created something different and cool out of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0aEO7CrxM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I gotta say, after going through a fairly depressive episode, and needing something light and nice to listen to, especially during work, I have become a massive fan of Game Sack.

Their humour is incredibly stilted and honestly not very good, and I prefer the Joe only stuff to anything Dave is involved in, but goddamn does it feel like two friends (of yours) just shooting the poo poo about video games, with almost every video having some sort of cohesive theme.

I could watch Game Sack all day. It's like some sort of warm mental hug for me.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Harrow posted:

This video was extremely good, highly highly recommended viewing

It is a still extremely good and I second your strong recommendation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
Recommendations:

Grimbeard
Very funny, only mildly-ashamed goth elder statesman who does highly detailed reviews of mostly odd/retro horror or adventure games. He also makes industrial music if that's your thing. You can pick practically any video of his for a game you're interested in but for my money his magnum opus so far is his Planescape: Torment review. It's much longer than normal since he covers not only the game but the development of the Planescape setting as a whole.
tl;dr: Goth Civvie

Charlatan Wonder
Someone I've never seen mentioned which is a shame. He's got an exuberant style that may not be for everyone but I dig his enthusiasm and how genuine he is. He covers mostly im-sims and likes to shine a spotlight on lesser-known and budget titles, and also peppers in cooking segments and cat videos. I really liked his recent-ish video on 5 indies for under $60 and any time he makes BIG SOUP.
tl;dr: Gamer Townsends