Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright vote time, for the Celimy Consciousness we can:

Protect them

Protect them or

Protect them

Also this happened after the update:

Is it time to finally take out the Pwe'Pulci? Unlike the other hostile empires, we can actually vassalize them, which means integrating them and taking all their space in one go. This is also good because influence is in incredibly short supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

tithin posted:

I took some time to make a collection of the game's mods on steam workshop so you can just open the attached link and hit subscribe to all mods, then follow the instructions on the page to actually import the mod collection to irony mod manager, and you're good.

gently caress yes

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I guess we can protect the cute blobs and also let's vassalize the baddies, why not?

I absolutely hate that energy credits in this game is sometimes energy and sometimes loving bitcoins, either wouldn't be fine, gently caress bitcoins, but both alternating is somehow worse.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SIGSEGV posted:

I guess we can protect the cute blobs and also let's vassalize the baddies, why not?

I absolutely hate that energy credits in this game is sometimes energy and sometimes loving bitcoins, either wouldn't be fine, gently caress bitcoins, but both alternating is somehow worse.

Imagine how many bitcoins we can farm using a computer the size of a planet :v:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Precisely as many as a single loving NES can.

Unrelated, but do you have enough ascension slots to eventually grab megastructures?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SIGSEGV posted:

Precisely as many as a single loving NES can.

Unrelated, but do you have enough ascension slots to eventually grab megastructures?

I should, I actually ended up going from 12 unity slots to 16 to make sure I can get the civics to show that off and have all ascensions. Plus you can get one or two more slots from research.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Leal posted:

I mean that I can only protectorate/tributary them cause they're so far behind on tech.

Ah. Dunno the exact mechanics involved (could be misremembering and/or something could have changed, or you might also have a mod that fixes this issue) but in the past when I attempted to make an empire into a protectorate by force, after they rejected the offer and I won the Subjugation war, they ended up as a vassal and not a protectorate.

So if you want the Mandate as a vassal and not protectorate specifically because you want their stuff and/or want to stop them from being used as mildly-inconvenient meatshields against you, you could claim/conquer most of their territory that's actually valuable and then subjugate them and sort out the rest later? I think you also seize ownership of claims if you win a subjugation war so it might be possible to do it in one go.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm gonna go with Protect them for 400 Leal.

Also curbstomp the Qwe`Pulci, teach them not to gently caress with psychic foxgirls

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I'm voting for protect and attack. Whack the Qwe'Pulci with the stick and give the carrot to the Celimy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Gameplay notes are up

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I have no idea how you got all these to work right. Starting a game and every empire dies immediately

I have never seen this before.

Guess Ill continue to live through this LP

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thats weird, is your load order the same as mine? I'm assuming that pastebin will have everything in the same order.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Leal posted:

And with Hegemony knowledge in biology being second to none, complete mastery of evolution is finally achieved. The possibilities will be endless, any deficiencies can be removed, any trait can be reworked to bring out the full potential of all Hegemony citizens.

"You can have any colour you like as long as it's fox."

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I hope the next expansion changes the ground combat substantially.

And C

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Leal posted:

Thats weird, is your load order the same as mine? I'm assuming that pastebin will have everything in the same order.

Yup. I even cut out all the other mods I was using. I dunno what's up. I'll figure it out after work today.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
:psyduck: Something is very wrong with the load order in the pastebin. The unofficial patch should be up top instead of somewhere in the middle, meanwhile the UI mods that should be loaded last are all over the place. Also like four or five At War mods and a good six of the Planetary Diversity mods aren't enabled at all.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I don't know why the file didn't export out the load order properly, this is my order

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arbite posted:

I hope the next expansion changes the ground combat substantially.

Getting back to this, there is a lot to do with combat and yet none of it matters outside of number bigger. There are combat widths and reserves and morale and units will retreat but that is a useless mechanic for defenders. There are various upgrades to defending armies that should give them an advantage over attacking armies but that is completely nullified by bombardments and time. I got a mix of troops just cause its interesting to think of the armed forces as a combined force but there is no reason to not just spam the strongest troop. There IS a limit on how many brigades you can get, 1 per pop. You start with 32 pops and I can't imagine having more than 32 brigades from the start. I don't think I even use that much when taking fallen empire's planets

Then you add in how quick battles play out on planets. It can take months for a space battle to conclude but then my 10 brigades of troops can conquer an entire ecumenopolis in a week.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Leal posted:

I don't know why the file didn't export out the load order properly, this is my order

Can you just export the file from IMM?

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I have a question in regards to mods. I don't really want to mod the game radically, I want kinda a vanilla plus experience. Any suggestions?

Lady Jaybird fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 28, 2021

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

dervinosdoom posted:

I have a question in regards to mods. I don't really want to mod the game radically, I want kinda a vanilla plus experience. Any suggestions?

Get NSC2 Season 6 and run with that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It's Been Mandated

It has been a long debate on what is valued more in the Hegemony, individualism or the collective as a whole. With the Hegemony ever expanding it only makes sense to value the collective of every colony.

Intelligence has reported that the Qwe'Pulci are attempting to cause unrest in colonies bordering their space. This is twice now they have attempted to cause discord in Hegemony space, this will not go unpunished.

And speaking of wars, the Hegemony thoroughly crushed the Ekwynians and a peace offer was accepted.

The Kingdom is nothing more than a shell of what it used to be. The sectors in the southeast would later be taken by the Se'ikh. A sector of interest was noted in the wild space clusters north of the Kingdom, a planet that is guarded by a fleet was located in that sector. It shall be investigated at a future time.

The Conclave has proposed a space race for all members to compete in, both to promote an intergalactic community and to test the ability of every empire's technology and pilots. While Hegemony victory is a given, we shall let the rest of the galaxy have their hope.

While exploring Celimy space Fern'boj discovered a structure that could gather materials from a black hole. Perhaps the Hegemony should ask those adorable slimes permission to study this structure.

In preparation of the space race all nations are asked to sponsor a meager amount of credits to support the training of staff and construction of way points.

Several pilots from the recent Kingdom campaign have expressed interest in representing the Hegemony in this race. The Voidfarers have a saying: If you're not fast, you're last. More effort was put into the thrusters of our ships.

The Hegemony has suffered humiliation on a galactic scale.

Who knew one of the smallest empires in the galaxy had such capable pilots?

Perhaps feeling embarrassed at providing a subpar racing vessel, the engineering division has been hard at work in coming up with methods to construct gigantic space-based structures.

Not only that, but how to expedite construction efforts on such structures as well.

Enough alloys for several fleets have been gathered and allocated for use in restoring just one section of the ringworld. While this is enough for just a quarter of the ringworld, that should provide enough of livable ecosystem for colonizing.

Previously it has been stated that jump drive technology has been mastered, and here we will see it put to use first hand. Hegemony intelligence has shown that there are some hyperlanes leading out from Cooperative space and towards the galactic core. Fern'uni will make a jump from Hegemony space to this undiscovered sector, completely bypassing Cooperative space.

And what luck! Not only did she arrive safely, she managed to miss jumping into a sector full of hostile raiders! The Bessadon Maurauders claim these sectors for their own. Fern'uni surveys the empty sector before jumping out. It would be possible to jump a construction ship in there to claim the sector for the Hegemony, but nothing short of the maximum amount of influence is needed to convince the Hegemony council to build out there.

After all, we secured all the influence we needed to get to claim the Mandate as rightful Hegemony territory.

The battleship armada Obb'iace Voidbearers leads the charge towards the Hegemony capital system. Hundreds of dire wolves are sent forward from the carries while the artillery hammers the Mandate defenders in an excessive show of force.

But of course while the government was focusing on war, a group of hackers have managed to access the accounts of several high level members of the Hegemony government. They attempt to blackmail enough minerals and credits to buy themselves a small continent in TransStellar space. However, as they should know from having such access to the government's files, the Hegemony doesn't negotiate with malcontents.

The hackers have released the info not just on the neural net but the psionic net as well. While they may have expected this to result in the Hegemony wishing it paid, instead it helped locate several corrupt leaders. Several admirals are called back from the front line and demoted to the worker strata, along with the engineer division leader. Scientist Sler'fuj replaces Govace while Admirals Forthi, Goll and Govace replace the admirals who have been demoted.

I'm sorry, wasn't Govace the scientist? That is a different Govace? Well at least the admiral and general Sirthi confusing will no longer apply.

The Mandate's fleets were ever so slightly stronger than last time, however Hegemony corvettes simply plow through their fleets and straight towards the Mandate's artillery.

And if the corvette swarm didn't overwhelm the Mandate then all the strike craft will completely surround their fleets and whittle them down in a thousand small cuts.

The Hegemony has taken over every outpost and ship yard, now to wait for the 1st to go through every planet and end all planet-based resistance.

And then the Divine Empire decided they too were going to war with the Mandate and brought in their own fleets and began bombarding Mandate planets! They ignored our demands to stop, after all the Hegemony would have to rebuild anything they destroy. Once the 1st Strike got into position and invaded only then did the Empire stop their bombing campaigns, not wanting to spark an incident by blowing up Hegemony soldiers.

It took the invasion of the Hegemony to protect the Mandate people from bombardment. Ironic.

After leading a final charge into the Mandate capital they finally surrendered fully to the Hegemony. Found among their supplies was a relic containing data relating to the various fallen empires in the galaxy. Beyond the immediate spoils, there are the planets.

The capital is now the head of a sector governed by Governor Goll... wait is that not the admiral? Anyways, the capital of the Mandate is a relic world, not unlike the Prison. The planet is easily the most populous, the census estimating roughly 90 billion, compared to the 71 billion the Hegemony capital holds. The line is long to give each new citizen their required cybernetics, and during that time there is the issue of jobs. Plans are made to restore the planet to an ecumenopolis, but that may not finish before massive job shortages take over the planet. The Mandate did not build its colonies well, the capital was full of administrative offices, none of their other colonies had much in the way of production or research. It will take some time before all Mandate colonies are up to Hegemony standards.

Koko-ko borders Empire space and is a fresh colony, only supporting a population of two billion. It is a planet where 90% of the surface is one gigantic ocean. The ocean has a very unique, and rather frightening, trait: The ocean is completely red. This is because of the high iron content in the ocean which, while fascinating visually, provides a poor harvest from fishing. As if that wasn't enough, the planet is plagued by frequent thunderstorms and an ominous fog that comes out every night.

So of course it is a prime location for tourism. The tourism board clearly have a sense of humor.

Seven other planets have been added to the Hegemony. To keep this report for getting overly long, I will discuss the unique aspects of each planet:

Vish is a Mycelium World that seems to be one single living entity. The mycelium eats up any nutrition on the planet, effectively making it not worthwhile to grow any produce on the planet. That said, the civics dvision has noted the planet has several districts worth of scrap around it that the Hegemony may build Scrapyard Districts to exploit.

Piuh-Pah is a Badlands World that a part of whatever empire the Mandate's were remnants of. Besides that, the civics division have noted a rather large amount of crystals on the planet that can be mined up.

Kleck-O is another Badlands World that holds colonial remains of the Mandate's previous empire. Beyond that there is nothing notable about the planet, other than a sizeable amount of lush cave farms it can support.

Eugizim III is an Arid World notable for its completely alien flora, perhaps caused by how much irradiation has contaminated the planet.

Trimi-Trimi is a Boreal World that lies in the sector with a wormhole leading into Gurite space. This is now a third sector that connects to the Gurite, as such the station overhead will be fortified in case of any hostilities..

Pri-Pri is another Badlands World with no noteable features whatsoever.

Lolompi is an Oasis World that also has very odd flora, though this may be related to the persistently dark skies that covers the planet. And yet of course, this means the civics division has ok'd the planet for several tourism districts.

Construction finishes on one of the ring world sections and can now be colonized! A ship of colonists have been eagerly waiting overhead for the OK to make land... or ring fall.

But that is not all, the planet of Pri-Pri, with it lacking anything of note, has been nominated for an experiment. A substance known as "Zro" can greatly enhance one's psionic abilities, however none is to be found anywhere in Hegemony space and a thousand units had to be purchased, at a very high cost. It is theorized that a planet can possibly be between all realities, if a strong enough seance can be completed.

The Hegemony has mastered nature, mastered the artificial, and now we shall master reality itself.

And in doing so, we are able to maximize the most of any worlds, even the smallest ones!

The Prison, as it has been affectionately called, has been restored to its former glory as an ecumenopolis!

In accordance to the planet's history, it is now the designated penal colony of the Hegemony. While crime on individual planets haven't been high, with an empire as large as the Hegemony has become it is necessary to have a dedicated colony to hold the empire's malcontents.

The Hegemony has also made progress in its goal to protect the Celimy empire. The federation has reached a new level in cohesion and all the proper paperwork has been set to have votes counted by the diplomatic rating of each empire in the federation. The Kelbrid objected to giving association status to the Celimy, however the Hegemony overruled their complaints.

Soon the adorable creatures shall receive the full protection of the Hegemony's armies.

Another large leap in Hegemony power is that we now have the ability to construct our very own gateways. It is not a cheap program in the slightest and directly competes with the ringworld restoration, but as the Hegemony expands it is critical that our fleets can move around the empire.

The first gateway was constructed in the capital of course. Beyond ensuring the capital can be reinforced if needed, it also ensures the capital can properly collect all trade value in even the furthest of sectors who would attempt to lie about how much they earn. The western hard point where Naff'Lycta resides will be the second gateway, the eastern location of Cormaggas will receive the third. Cormaggas in particular houses the Yuht shipyard uplink, this will ensure newly constructed ships can get to their destination in a timely manner. More gateways will be built on bordering sectors as well as in sectors with a designated shipyard.

The Hegemony will now turn its focus on space based engineering, not only improving efficiency on large engineering projects but even the Hegemony's space stations.

Now onto domestic matters, a rather odd event has popped up on Naff'Flevith, with the locals insisting that the Hegemony's ethics are wrong and making calls for change. The suddenness of this event can only be linked to the super natural.

Beyond that, space construction continues to advance.

A temporary housing site has been placed over an asteroid, which will house a construction crew who will build an automated goods factory onto the asteroid.

First they will build an automated drilling system for droids to be housed and to drop off the minerals they mine.

Such a structure is a great boon to the Hegemony, as consumer luxuries have been what dictated how colonies expand. Now that consumer good creation can be offloaded to automated factories the Hegemony's industry districts can focus more on creating alloys for the Hegemony!

Over at Naff'Lycta another space project was planned.

When asked why would they build an arcology over a planet with habitats, the response was "To see if we could."

And it was possible. I guess this now means invaders will have to both take over the arcology AND the planet itself to remove the FTL inhibitor in the sector.

Finally a rather lengthy series of events on Naff'Cauga, the anomaly folder will have more info. Mining drones were found in the moon overlooking the planet and had performed some beneficial acts to the planet, clearing out district space and providing minerals to the colonists. In the end it is a front by a gang of pirates. The Gallog and Obb'iace Voidfarers were sent to reinforce the location in anticipation of this future raid.

Now onto the techno-organic planet of Hyrma IV. The biomechanical fauna on the planet has been very receptive to the local populace, unusually receptive at that. Some scientists were ordered to keep track of the wildlife and see if they go anywhere suspicious.

The scientists have come across a bunker that houses an AI. Given previous events with planetary AIs the Hegemony should be cautious, but nothing is learned hiding in safety.

Unlike the previous AI who wordlessly declared war on the colonists, this AI appears remorseful for past events.

It is agreed that the Hegemony should more than help this AI, perhaps it can help with our own synthetics research? Hegemony scientists set up near the bunker and help with 04's research.

Actively working with 04 and providing it with several brain scans from the many species that make up the Hegemony has greatly accelerated 04's research. It provided the Hegemony with a program that can be used in our synths to greatly expand their efficiency.

Moving on, much progress has been made on the Yuht! First a private collector managed to get ahold of a Yuht relic. A few credits were exchanged to get it.

Archaeologists were ordered to take a closer look at many of the smaller artifacts that have been found to see if any could be connected to the Yuht. Thankfully one relic pointed our scientists to the right direction.

While not as exciting as previous findings of Yuht artifacts, every one found brings the Hegemony closer to finding out more of the empire.

While surveying the far southwestern sectors Fern'boj stumbled across signs of the Yuht. That this was found so far away shows how powerful the Yuht must have been to have an empire that extends so far.

It seems the Yuht were interested in searching for any sort of alien life, building far off outposts to locate any.

Then a message came in from the Divine Empire, offering to sell the final artifact to the Hegemony. The offer is accepted, now after all this time the Hegemony can finally learn the secrets of the Yuht!

The Yuhtaan sector was discovered near Soao, Dov'ace was ordered to the sector.

Several of the planets hold ruins of the Yuht, many of which can be reclaimed once terraformed into something more suitable for living. Not only that but a giant Yuhtian shipyard was spotted in space, requiring a sizeable amount of alloys to repair.

Dov'bah reaches the Yuht homeworld, completely broken and utterly uninhabitable.

And the source of such destruction? A bombadment that completely obliterated the planet from the Yuht biting off more than they can chew.

A cryo core was salvaged from the ruins and Hegemony scientists have been able to make advancements in the cryopods in Hegemony colony ships. Knowledge however was the real reward for this project.

Anomaly Report

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Game play notes

Also here is an accurate representation of staying at the newly announce resort world

I wish I knew how to draw, cause I want to draw a citizen relaxing on a beach while red waves crash on shore, purple fog seeping in and a rapidly approaching thunderstorm. Maybe I should commission someone

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Still not over how utterly busted Biological and Psyonic ascensions must be when combined together.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Leal posted:

Game play notes

Also here is an accurate representation of staying at the newly announce resort world

I wish I knew how to draw, cause I want to draw a citizen relaxing on a beach while red waves crash on shore, purple fog seeping in and a rapidly approaching thunderstorm. Maybe I should commission someone

Not gonna lie, that sounds like a loving dream vacation to me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Still not over how utterly busted Biological and Psyonic ascensions must be when combined together.

Yeah its great, but you do need to burn several of your ascension perks to get it all, which I feel is a good enough of a trade off (2 for bio, 2 for psionics and you also need 2 to get the perks that lets you buy each ascension)

AltaBrown posted:

Not gonna lie, that sounds like a loving dream vacation to me.

A friend and I discussed that it would actually be a cool attraction to go to a place with constant thunderstorms if there was like a giant glass dome that you stayed inside. Lets you see the rain and thunder but protecting you from being struck.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

From memory the space race thing is just a "we randomly pick one aspect of the ship's choices, including balanced, and that one wins"

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Leal posted:

Yeah its great, but you do need to burn several of your ascension perks to get it all, which I feel is a good enough of a trade off (2 for bio, 2 for psionics and you also need 2 to get the perks that lets you buy each ascension)

A friend and I discussed that it would actually be a cool attraction to go to a place with constant thunderstorms if there was like a giant glass dome that you stayed inside. Lets you see the rain and thunder but protecting you from being struck.

You can make your entire empire cyborgs without taking The Flesh Is Weak ascension perk in vanilla stellaris. Just gotta get one of each species chromed by intentionally losing their colony to a Driven Assimilator, then use the bafflingly-designed UI that lets you create a subspecies-template from another empire's pops and apply it to your own, to copypaste the Cybernetic version for the habitability and leader bonuses for zero trait points/slots. Which is slightly gamebreaking.

Haven't tried but I think this should work even for hiveminds, as strange as that would be.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I would imagine that the crime life in your empire would be similar to this except everyone being fox girls due to having cybernetics/psionics(on par with magic)/genetic-engineering shenegains.

Edit: Mildly :nws: due to violence and dancing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHe9lm5vUE

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Oct 30, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Unisolating the Isolated

... Somehow this is even more pitiful and insulting than the Mandate.

The description given for a hundred corvettes against three was one word: Quick.

While space engineering has become the new focus in the Hegemony, we must not forget that our own worlds can host monumental marvels as well. And in showing off such wonders only possible in Hegemony space will make the people even more united.

One such wonder being the success of turning Pri-Pri into a shroud world. Being at the edge of all realities has caused significant changes to the planet's ecosystem, flora that grow and bear fruit in ways never thought possible, planetary features twisting and turning in ways that defy the laws of gravity. Unfortunately this also seems to bring in sapients of other realities, who use the planet as a means to perform crimes while avoiding their own reality's interpretation of law.

The engineering division has made a design for a fortress that can withstand the solar winds and nebula of wild space. These military outposts will be built in each sector of wild space bordering Hegemony space, as well as the Egrore sector with the wormhole.

It is finally time to make the Qwe pay for their passive-aggressive actions against the Hegemony. First they are given the chance to submit peacefully...

They refuse, and now the Hegemony will make them comply through force. Not all forces have properly mustered to the south, but what military can a group of pacifists manage?

The Gallog and Yulth Voidfarers are the first to arrive and make their push into the Qwe's systems, from the west and the east.

It turns out these isolationists have put more effort into their starbases, the Voidfarers meet with some unexpectedly stiff resistance.

Their starbases certainly gave the Voidfarers far more than we bargained for and effectively slowed down the original blitz.

The Yulth Voidfarers are ordered to not engage and hold until the Golwih arrive, the starbases in the east being far more fortified than the west.

Unfortunately this order was ignored and the Yulth were routed, letting the Qwe push in towards the Hegemony southern sectors. The Golwih have to deal with racing between sectors to reclaim what is taken and to take out any Qwe armada they can catch up with.

The Obb'iace arrive to help the Gallog in the western sectors. The longer range weapons of the battleships will allow them to take on the starbases without getting into the range of their weapons.

After pushing through the initial defenses in the west, the two fleets split to take the comparatively less defended sectors with all speed. Meanwhile, the eastern front struggles to contain the Qwe counteroffensive.

However this was met with disaster as a Qwe fleet arrived out of a FTL jump while the Gallog were occupied with a space station.

The Gallog were nearly massacred and performed an emergency FTL jump to who knows where, they would not return for another 8 years and were effectively removed from the rest of the war.

The Qwe have started to muster a rather sizeable fleet in their home sector. There is concern in whether they will head westwards where the Obb'iace no longer has an escort or to the east where the Golwih struggle to keep up with the Qwe's split fleets. Though the Yulth are nearly back to full strength and will help in the eastern sectors.

As the Obb'iace slowly secures the western front, the 1st Strike arrive to pacify the Qwe's planets. It seems the Qwe put far more trust in their starbases rather than their standing armies.

The Qwe fleet continues their attempts in the east, leaving their capital wide open to being taken over by the Obb'iace with surprising ease. All reinforcement efforts went to border sectors it seems, their capital system had the weakest space station.

A decision is made to let the Qwe continue their eastern aggression unchecked, the Yulth and Golwih will punch through the heavily reinforced sector to prevent the Qwe from sending anymore fleets through that sector.

And the Qwe quickly begin their expansion into the center of Hegemony space.

Though their fleets should be more concerned with defending their capital, now that the 1st has landed and is occupying the planet.

The Qwe start to get close to the Malor system and the Yulth and Golwih use their jump drives to cut off the Qwe's fleets. Once all sectors are reclaimed they will head back to the Qwe systems.

Now there is the question on where the Kelbrid have been all this time. Well they have taken the rather unorthodox move to go completely around the Qwe systems and come in from the south.

While an odd decision, this does mean that Hegemony doesn't need to worry about the southern Qwe system.

While the 1st Strike came in from the west, General Fern'suj comes in from the east leading the Preliminary Strike. This name was decided to confuse command, is there going to be a preliminary strike or will there be a first strike?

The Hegemony has nearly claimed all systems, all that remains is a hyperlane leading to an isolated cluster. The sector leading to that lane houses the most powerful starbase the Qwe have, and their consolidated fleet is heading directly to it.

The Voidfarers reach the sector first and smash the star base, eliminating the strongest "fleet" the Qwe had.

After punching through their choke point, the Voidfarers reach the Qwe's remaining fleet and annihilate it.

The remaining sectors have no defenses to talk about, and quickly each one falls to the Hegemony. All that is left is one single sector and Qwe colony.

Victory utterly assured, the Qwe surrender. Among the spoils of war is a codex containing the genetic code of many of the galaxy's species as well as an ancient weapon that Hegemony scientists can study to improve our warships. Why would such a peaceful empire would have item like this?

The Qwe must now raise the Hegemony's standard. They are no longer allowed to expand nor engage in dipomacy (not that this was a problem with these isolationists), but they are expected to join in any of the Hegemony's wars.

They aren't the happiest over this new change, but they will come to learn that interacting with the rest of the galaxy is not such a bad thing.

Now that the war has settled down, it is time for the Hegemony to focus more on domestic matters. The only thing that rivals the Hegemony's technology is our military, and it is time to create a code of ethics for it. Not only that but our leaders will also be expected to follow an honorary code. Not only will such code maintain cohesion among the military, but adhering to a set of defined morals will make other empires more trusting of the Hegemony.

Looking deeper into the various relics relating to the Yuht has revealed a process the Yuht used to make their planets more habitable for life. Provided the Hisa can acclimate to nearly any planet at this point.

As there has been further interest in the various relics found, an arcane research institute has been funded. There is debate if this institute should be housed in the capital or Naff'Fujj, as the institute will be a massive boon for research.

Naff'Oblal has finished a planetary wonder, the Helios Tower. With the exceptional energy credit potential of the planet, thanks to its near nonstop, global thunderstorms, the colony was given funding for such a large project. The massive tower, taking an entire district's worth of land, will greatly increase the amount of energy the colony can provide.

Sadly another Hisa of renown has passed, a legate stationed at the Naff'Gaun habitat. The habitat will set aside resources to build a military academy honoring her.

A grand archive was built in the capital, as the planetary archive and central datanet could not keep up with every discovery and research conclusion. The Hegemony has changed much since it first began its expansion ,we cannot go back to our past.

The colony Cormaggas C II, which houses the Yuht shipyard, has had another planetary dockyard built around it, greatly expanding the ship building capacity of the sector.

It is an anomaly in itself that the planet's orbit or gravity hasn't been severely impacted by these large structures covering it.

The restoration of Cormath's ecumenopolis has concluded, this one having a focus on vegetative sections that are carefully maintained, as opposed to the full urbanization of The Prison. Instead of factories and foundries, Cormath has arcology designations for research, bureaucratic, commercial and leisure. As the locals seem to be used to pushing papers, materials were set aside to build many bureaucratic arcologies.

The locals, Hisa Designation "NTI", have acclimated perfectly to Hegemony life. To think that they used to reject science for faith.

Speaking of what used to be a part of the Mandate empire, an ancient civilization deep in the planet's crust has been spotted. Fern'uni has been sent to excavate the ruins.

All four ring world sections have been restored and settled, each one named after a gemstone. Diamond, sapphire, ruby and emerald. Ring worlds do not have regular districts, but are built in segments. There is the city, commercial, research, agricultural and industrial segment, each self explanatory. There is also the siphon port segment which provides docking for pilots to fly out and harvest volatile motes that litter the surrounding space.

At this stage in Hegemony expansion it will be for the best to cease development on most planets and focus all efforts on a core of worlds, which will receive not only materials for construction but working population as well. Obviously the ring world, all ecumenopolis and the capital will be considered a part of this core. Naff'Fujj, Naff'Lycta and Naff'Oblal will also be included in this core for their ability to contribute the most to the Hegemony.

The rest of the Hegemony's colonies shall be built to a certain amount of jobs before it is expected for any additional work-able populations to move.

An abandoned ecumenopolis has been spotted in a sector of space just outside of the Qwe systems. It is not know why it has laid unclaimed for so long, however that planet must be a part of the Hegemony. It will take a bit of influence, but thanks to our gateway system it will provide a perfect launching point for going to the southern galaxy.

Seances are held whenever possible, most events have been distressingly uneventful. However this event was promising.

If it was any other empire it would be an idle threat, but unlike the rest of the galaxy the Hazbuzi are more than capable of backing up their words.

The engineering branch has put forth blueprints for several gigantic space based structures, including building our very own ring worlds. Alloy production will become a major focus of the Hegemony, both to continue arming our fleets against possible Hazbuzi retaliation and to build these structures.

One of the larger construction projects has been funded, rebuilding the ruined EHOF system that has been found decades ago.

Changes were made to fleet composition, following the Qwe war. A third corvette class has been introduced, the Space Hoodie. Called so as it's goal is to protect the rest of the fleet with point defense weaponry, like how a hoodie keeps you safe from the elements. The new corvette composition will have two Space Hoodie class to each one of the other classes. Since the Space Hoodie is equipped with 2 autocannons, the Brave Little Toaster class has had its coilgun replaced with a plasma thrower.

The Lone Badger battleship class has been refitted. Now that the Hegemony has researched more long range weaponry it has been fitted with a tachyon lance, capable of massive damage at an impressive range. A kinetic battery has also been attached to help with the removal of shields. Then making up the core of the ship is several neutron launchers. Speaking of neutron launchers, the HereticMIND class has had its plasma strike craft replaced with neutron bomber craft.

Besides the weapon and armor upgrades, all ships are now equipped with a precognitive interface, letting our pilots control the ship simply with their mind. This allows for reaction times faster than what is possible with physical movements.

But why restrict the Hegemony's power to only research and production use? Perhaps access to such a powerful weapon will keep the Hazbuzi from attempting a strike.

After all, does it matter if you win battles in space if you lose a few planets?

The Hegemony grows ever larger.

As very little anomalies were reported during this time, they will be included in the next report.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SugarAddict posted:

I would imagine that the crime life in your empire would be similar to this except everyone being fox girls due to having cybernetics/psionics(on par with magic)/genetic-engineering shenegains.

Edit: Mildly :nws: due to violence and dancing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHe9lm5vUE

I do like to think the ecumenopolis are like a futuristic 80s dystopia. With even more neon

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Center of the Universe

The Se'ikh, who are normally friendly enough, given the Kelbrid serves the Hegemony, have gotten rather aggressive recently. Why is that?

Well that is just rude

The Helios Tower on Naff'Oblal has been upgraded, further increasing the energy provided by the planet. Naff'Oblal is responsible for a third of all the energy generated by the Hegemony's planets, and that is the planet having a mere 3 districts dedicated to energy.

Having the chivalry code finalized, it was time for the High Director to pick a virtue to pursue. Further strengthening the Hegemony military was prioritized.

The EHOF has been fully restored and Fern'boj has been sent in to test the facility.

The structure is quite intimidating up close, a portal heading directly into a black hole.

-space known as quantum foam. Virtual micro black holes which only exist for an immensely short period of time can emerge in this quantum foam. These black holes can turn into real micro-wormhole va quantum tunneling and the lifetime is much longer than that of the micro black holes, but still extremely short and can potentially be inflated for space tarvel. However the number of occurences is too small in average space.

Effect
The highest density of quantum fluctuations can be found at the event horizon of a black hole where the already enormously twisted space is filled with more virtual particles, due to the hawking radiation that is responsible for the decay of black holes. The quantum foam structure of space is so intensely stimulated in these volumes, that the number of emerging micro black holes is many magnitudes larger than in average space and thus the number of micro-wormholes which can be inflated.

Conclusion:
The E.H.O.F. Lambda utilizes the phenomenons of squeezed, condensed electromagnetic fields and the application of negative pressure onto the black holes event horizon, to inflate and stabilize these micro-wormholes. The fields serve as enormous immaterial tweezers, for the inflation process and also keep the micro-wormholes open.

In order to increase the stability of the micro-wormholes, the E.H.O.F. Lambda is equipped with negative pressure application plates, which apply negative pressure ot the event horizon while a micro-wormhole is being inflated. This cools down the local space around the black hole, reducing the number of quantum fluctuations and as a consequence the quantum tunneling effects. The probabilistic target routines for the E.H.O.F. Lambda targeting mechanisms include:

Randomized Destinations
Cohesive Stars
Dwarf Stars
Stars
Giant Stars
Stellar Remnants

The destination of the ISS Nimbhala is a black hole, none of these are in Hegemony space, minus the one the EHOF currently covers.

A giant portal opened up and the science crew entered without any hesitation. They end up in a sector deep in the Citizen State of Gir-Zana. Disappointing, but not every first experiment is a success.

As more and more are integrated into the Hegemony, it is critical to ensure they all have the same freedoms as those on the capital. All factions shall have their voice heard, both ensuring their happiness and their influence.

And with such freedoms, more opportunities for research arises.

And speaking of opportunities for research! The physics division has been ordered to put all hands on finding out the huperlanes leading to the galactic core.

The majority of the hyperlanes leading to the core are within Hegemony space, only a few leading out to the Cooperative. Dov'ace is ordered to survey the hyperlanes with all speed. The crew of the Nahala follows to claim the sectors for the Hegemony.

And a hilarious side effect, the scrambling of the hyperlanes seems to have drastically effected the Cooperative's border with the core.

Reports from Dov'ace's crew is nothing short of awe-inspiring. The hyperquasar at the center of the galaxy is gargantuan, simply dwarfing everything that has ever been spotted thus far. There has also been a molten world noted in the sector. A project has been started to stabilize the planet for future colonization, to ensure control over the quasar.

The quasar itself provides an opportunity for our scientists to retrieve dark matter. Finally the Hegemony can find out ways to use this matter for our own ends.

This was such an amazing discovery that the High Director laughed off a rather crude insult made at her expense. The Hegemony now controls the core of the galaxy, why does it matter what other empires think of us?

It was on upped by a hilarious joke made by the Cooperative, who believe they should have any control over the galactic core.

Topped by an even funnier joke of the Qwe'Pulci developing a planet killing weapon!

The Hegemony further continues its desire for space based living, our habitats shall be second to none.

Celebrating over a hundreds years since the Hegemony began its expansion, a few changes were made in the government. The engineering division has been provided an official seat on the council, allowing them to clear red tape in regards to building the Hegemony's warships.

Secondly, with the plans to focus on a core set of colonies to send extra population into, red tape for moving populations have been fully eliminated. The Hegemony will only need to cover the costs of relocation.

And speaking of government reform.. it is time for the Qwe'Pulci to fully become a part of the Hegemony. It will take 10 years for the integration to be fully completed.

The conquest of the galactic core however, is fully completed. The only remaining issue is the Cooperative taking up the southwestern ring of the core.

Naff'Fujj hosts the Hegemony's particle supercollider, quickly closing the gap in research output between it and the capital.

The completion of this project has brought the attention of the Hazbuzu Watchers, who wanted to use the supercollider for their own ends. Given recent events between the Watchers and the Hegemony, they were refused.

With the completion of the planet-killer the Watchers should keep their distance. Using a thermic beam to superheat the planet below will cause the planet's tectonics to go haywire. After that a blast is delivered to the planet's core, causing it to implode. The time required to fire its beam makes the colossus completely incapable of participating in actual combat.

That said, the Watchers continue their aggression. Now they try to force the Hegemony to outlaw AI. This is the funniest joke of all, the Hegemony's success is built upon its unrivaled AI technology.

Ten years quickly passed by and the Qwe have fully integrated into the Hegemony. They will be provided the same cybernetic and genetic modifications as the rest of the Hegemony.

Among the colonies that joined the Hegemony, one had a mausoleum dedicated to a spiritual leader. Due to past conflicts in the Hegemony with spiritualists, and the current hostilities with a powerful spiritualist empire, the mausoleum has been deconstructed.

The old Qwe capital is now the sector capital governed by Sler'gah. The planet is a breathtaking bioluminescent world, full of the most visually appealing flora and fauna. The capital also isn't as much of a mess as the Mandate's capital. The uniqueness of the planet makes it perfect for research, ironic that it was the capital of a bunch of fools who shun technology.

Among the rest of the Qwe colonies two have been noted for being relic worlds. Funding has been approved to help clean up the worlds and begin restoration efforts. Tokkt'Nurt has been noted for having a corrosive atmosphere, thankfully the regenerative properties of Hegemony architecture will offset this.

The tropical planet Nerrt'Bekt has been noted for two unique features: The planet has cities in the cloud, enough to house twenty billion people. Not only that but there have been several jungles made out of pure crystal. Nerrt'Bekt will be the crystal refining capital of the Hegemony.

There are several habitable planets that have not been colonized. One planet has been noted for weather that causes microscopic sapphire to form and eventually combine into tiny gems that rain onto the planet's surface. Two other planets have been noted for having gigantic spiders crawling over the surface, one which also has titanic flying predators. Surely future colonists are having a sigh of relief knowing that the Hegemony is curtailing its colonization efforts.

Motivated by the construction of the asteroid factory, a start-up is looking into developing more advancements into luxuries production. Though one has to wonder why such a start up was in Naff'Flevith, considering the planet generates minimal consumer goods.

The abandoned eco-arcology was in fact somewhat inhabited, by a group of... overly helpful robots. The anomaly report will have more detail, but in short the robots would not allow colonists to visit family on other colonies and have even walked in during.. intimacy to ensure the couple are ok. Plans were made to disassemble the robots.

This caused the robots to attack the colony. However the local security was able to fend them off, as the robots would stop firing and ask officers if they needed assistance when shot.

The Prison has constructed a panopticon, a large tower surrounded by a circular wall of prison cells. This will ensure all malcontents are kept in line, as well as providing several jobs for the inmates.

Cormath has had an Astronomical Model Bureau constructed, to further increase the efficiency of the local paper pushers. The model in question is a gigantic reduced scale map of the entire galaxy, allowing the poindexters to take note and raise any concerns to any change made in the galaxy.

The ecumenopolis of Naff'Hitti has had a crucible constructed into the planet's mantle, providing the opportunity to use the planet's magma to forge ship grade alloys.

Though it isn't without complications, with the occasional earth quake.

The crucible has been further upgraded into a titan forge, not only further increasing metallurgist jobs but allowing the Hegemony to construct a mighty war titan, easily the most powerful addition to the Hegemony's army.

Beyond the alloy production, there has also been more advancements made in technology regarding rare crystals, volatile motes and exotic gases.

The supercollider has also been making its mark in advancing Hegemony technology, the local staff are asking for the physics branch to help them with several big projects.

In an unexpected communication the Continuity has approached the Hegemony. They claim there will be an illness that will effect the Hegemony on a massive scale, but they can inoculate the empire from this virus. It is rejected, their desire for "The Custodian Project" does not sound like something that benefits the Hegemony.

In the possession of a deceased science officer was some notes about a strange creature. It is odd that she never brought this up with her fellow scientists. Several of the Hegemony's field scientists have been simply assisting with research on several planets, so this search was a good way to ensure their ship's thrusters were still functioning.

The search has been long going and is still going on, all the reports will be shown upon completion of the search.

As a show of Hegemony superiority, the construction division has been instructed to attempt reassembling the Yuht home plants.

A construction site is placed to house the engineers and drones required to complete such a monumental task.

The construction of the G.L.U.E. is completed and begins pulling the various pieces of the planet back towards its core, slowly rebuilding it.

While there may be the threat of planet killers in the galaxy, the Hegemony has shown it is possible to recover from such destructive force.

It will however take a very long time for Yuht Majoris to be habitable again. That the home world of an ancient, powerful empire can be rebuilt and colonized by the Hegemony is a testament to how powerful the Hegemony itself has become.

Great strides in society research has made it possible to unify the Hegemony more than thought possible, allowing its people to come up with several plans for the empire to move forward, and the cohesion to implement them simultaneously.

For example, expanding the diplomatic corps...

.. putting more effort into countering these stagnate empires who are trying to enforce their will on the empire...

... performing further inspections on all plantets...

... getting the most out of the wonders that can be built on all planets...

...and perfecting terraforming technology. This last one will be vital for a future project of the Hegemony.

Not simply content with rebuilding a world, the Hegemony strives for more. A second ring has been built around the ring world in the Calam sector. Finishing this secondary ring will be extremely expensive, but the experience should allow the Hegemony to build far larger gigastructures.

The capital has begun construction on a wonder known as the living spire. It is built in sections, enabling a working population to move in and help with further expansion.

And upon completion the spire has been named the Spire of Progress, increasing the research capabilities of the capital. The spire is a truly wonderful building, providing enough housing and jobs for over fifteen billion people. Such a wonder would work perfectly on every colony of the Hegemony, provided if there are materials to spare.

While plans are made for fully securing the core, there is the question of how to address recent hostilities with other empires. There is the Kingdom and the State, both are insignificant and yet still posture for clout. It may be time to make the bend the knee to the Hegemony.

The other issue is the Cooperative, occupying the southern ring of the galactic core. There is also those claims they've made against sectors in the core. With the colossus, the Hegemony is free to simply take their sectors without the need to influence the rest of the galaxy that they belong to the Hegemony.

Here is the anomaly report

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Vote time!

When it comes to the Kingdom and the State, well besides past hostilities they're annoying the poo poo out of me with the Kelbrid wanting to go to war with the Kingdom and the State constantly spamming me with closing/opening borders. Is it time to make them bend the knee?

Then a project I'm planning when it comes to our planets. Basically the game is hobbling the poo poo out of pop growth at this stage, it can take years, even a decade, to get a single pop to be created on a planet. All of the ring world pops are still in single digits, a bunch of the ecumenopolis don't break more than 20 pops. So I'm gonna start consolidating pops and abandoning colonies to get our factories filled. That said though we do still need some feeder planets...

With the tech and megaengineering I've unlocked I can turn all kinds of planetary bodies into proper planets. I'm thinking of using 2 sectors that have a bunch of bodies and turning them into different types of planets as a sort of menagerie of planet types. Go ahead and suggest a name for these 2 sectors that'll host these different planet types.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Kill the Kingdom. For our buddies. Call one of the sectors Custodian Project 2.0. Shame about those crystalline folks.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Beat up the Kingdom, there's always room for lethal shinkicking. Maybe see if you can annoy the State back.

As for a name suggestion for the sectors, I'm gonna suggest New Exoplanet Patchwork.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

:stonk: Holy poo poo. Your archaeology team committed genocide.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

:stonk: Holy poo poo. Your archaeology team committed genocide.

We participated in a genocide, Dov'Barney

E: Also I realized I didn't post that I finished the game play notes for the previous update. I added it to the OP but didn't make a post about it

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Crush them.

Leal posted:

Then a project I'm planning when it comes to our planets. Basically the game is hobbling the poo poo out of pop growth at this stage, it can take years, even a decade, to get a single pop to be created on a planet. All of the ring world pops are still in single digits, a bunch of the ecumenopolis don't break more than 20 pops. So I'm gonna start consolidating pops and abandoning colonies to get our factories filled. That said though we do still need some feeder planets...

I absolutely loving hate that change btw - it makes so many of the pop based terraforming giga structures and ringworlds redundant / unusable because it takes too long for a single pop to grow on them

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

What would the other options have done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Game play notes for this update

Boat Stuck posted:

What would the other options have done?

Reprogramming shows that the robots were way overdue for a memory wipe. You keep the robot pop and thats that. Not sure about the first option and I don't know if there is a plaintext event file that I'm missing.

tithin posted:

Crush them.

I absolutely loving hate that change btw - it makes so many of the pop based terraforming giga structures and ringworlds redundant / unusable because it takes too long for a single pop to grow on them

It really changes the meta around where your mid game population is most likely your end game population. There is 2 things I can think of in regards to getting more pops, besides just "conquer everyone":

You either go with Nihilistic Acquisition, stomp your neighbor and steal a whole bunch of their pops then gently caress off. Since they no longer have a lot of pops they'll grow their pops far faster, then you go in again

Or what you do is find a chunk of your territory that you wont miss for a few decades. Build up a few planets with some districts to be self sustaining and a bunch of +pop growth buildings. Then release it as a vassal. Your vassal will have severely reduced pops and will grow their pops real quick. Then you integrate them, move the pops to your big planets then repeat.