Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Weird haha just a joke about loving children all good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
another righteous crusader, fallen...truly, this world is unjust

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my opinion is that it doesnt really matter if theres a vtuber thread or not because its not like there arent five million other places to talk about vtubers. discord frankly seems like a much better avenue of discussion for something that is by definition happening live. if you cut out all the weird posts the old vtuber thread was mostly just stream links, gifs, and people failing to explain the political atmosphere of china. and it does seem pretty tangential to adtrw. i mean theyre japanese entertainers but the game center dx thread is in games. ig we have a toku thread in adtrw but thats pretty different. i really dunno why it cant be in rapidly going deaf.

also why isnt cuntellectual permabanned.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also julias gassing the new vtuber threads is whatever but you really should not have probed snail because it was basically a batsignal to qcs lords

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Julias I want Weekly Shounen Jump to not go on breaks, as a mod of the prestigious ADTRW forums, can you contact the industry insiders and tell them to release the secret hidden chapters of Bleach.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Weird haha just a joke about loving children all good

I'm going to rape your rear end

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I liked the general anime YouTuber/Twitch person thread idea. Make it less about a subset about it.
I am pretty sure that would be the worst thread in the entire forums.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Keep the vtuber thread just so I don't see stair and invictus posting that crap on threads I use

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

Nobody who could wants to, and nobody who wants to should.

SA has a weird idea that modship is a prestigious status meaning the majority of people who want to be mods are complete freaks.

I can name two mods in recent memory that posted CP from adtrw alone lol

It worked out so well with koala's march.

Acerbatus posted:

He tries to pretend he had nothing to do with it now but you saw the poo poo he allowed in the vtuber thread, right?

Your weird grudgeposting is excessively odd given your post history, and I really wish you would stop posting like a creep, cuntellectual

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

and also julias gassing the new vtuber threads is whatever but you really should not have probed snail because it was basically a batsignal to qcs lords
an incredibly salient point *looks directly into camera*

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
lol at acerbatus waltzing in the QCS thread implying I’m a pedo when they’re threadbanned for being a loving freak, love this site

skipmyseashells fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 2, 2022

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

skipmyseashells posted:

lol at acerbatus waltzing in the QCS thread implying I’m a pedo when he’s threadbanned for being a loving freak, love this site

Please don't misgender people.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

Namtab posted:

Your weird grudgeposting is excessively odd given your post history, and I really wish you would stop posting like a creep, cuntellectual

Of all the times to decide something is done about me, this is probably the strangest.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wait, when did cuntellectual get un-permad?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

jun 25, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This thread isn't a good place to hash out this discussion. It's probably better to PM admins about concerns about individual users.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Of all the times to decide something is done about me, this is probably the strangest.
You're right. The discussion of a vtuber thread that was gassed in six minutes is too serious to be sullied by this talk.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

You're right. The discussion of a vtuber thread that was gassed in six minutes is too serious to be sullied by this talk.

I more meant the final straw being pointing out the number of banned pedophiles that have modded adtrw in the last few years.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

I more meant the final straw being pointing out the number of banned pedophiles that have modded adtrw in the last few years.
gently caress off with this shtick. This whole 'I'm not touching you~' with pedophile accusations angle is loving disgusting and loathsome. If you think someone is a pedophile, just loving accuse them of it and say why. Pedophilia is far too serious an accusation to be used as leverage in whatever dumb forum war or petty ego game you're playing here. That's the part that's annoying me. I openly posted about not liking Wark from the moment the idea of him being made mod was floated, so I don't give a poo poo about him getting banned.

And also Wark is the only one. Since Zorak, the mods were Baal (quit because he got bored, is not banned), Seafood (quit because he didn't have time for it, is not banned,) Ryuko (was kicked out for having a meltdown about bad reviews of anime, is not banned, meltdown was entirely unrelated to any sort of pedophilia thing), and Julias (is currently mod and thus not banned.) People are mad at you because you're literally making poo poo up to try and cast serious accusations on other people. Julias is a poo poo mod who gave the vtuber thread way too much leeway, but there's zero reason to think he's a pedophile, and if you do think he is, just loving say so.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 3, 2022

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

julias if you are being pressured from above to quick-fire on vtuber posts wholesale and not even try to have an open dialogue on feedback about it in the feedback thread, blink twice

i would rather hear directly if it's some mandate from God rather than a wistful 'hey, maybe someday' with no other details given

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just make vtubers the rapidly going deaf mod's problem.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

He’s said that he doesn’t want a vtuber thread until there’s a second mod, which the admins are working their asses off to select

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

He’s said that he doesn’t want a vtuber thread until there’s a second mod, which the admins are working their asses off to select
ibblebibble is hiding in the same bunker they put cheney in on 9/11

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ibble has been traumatised by cum and will never ik another tuber

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

!comic 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress

lol

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This is why Discord is superior, ADTRW doesn't have Toby.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

We had Toby on irc

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

But seriously though, the issue we have here is that you took a situation where people were talking about vtubers sometimes in the chat thread. Then when snail made a couple of low effort threads you decided that rather than returning to the status quo, the correct decision would be to make matters worse. This is all a problem of your own making.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Namtab posted:

But seriously though, the issue we have here is that you took a situation where people were talking about vtubers sometimes in the chat thread. Then when snail made a couple of low effort threads you decided that rather than returning to the status quo, the correct decision would be to make matters worse. This is all a problem of your own making.

This is not an empty quote, this me urging Julias to seek help because managing this part of the community seems beyond him.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

If GBS can get rid of Derpies ADTRW shouldn't have to suffer Cuntellectual

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

And further, any requests for justification as to the level of the reaction are just getting completely ignored. Just a bunch of 'oh the time isn't right' which is nothing, that's a non-answer. It isn't anything.

My honest response to the various suggestions to go to another subforum is that it's a target audience thing. If you aren't already into anime/manga you're not super likely to be interested in vtubers, and huge chunks of Something Awful performatively overreact to 'anime, full stop' in the same way a sliver of people here have decided to overreact to vtubers. They're going to, with like 90% certainty, wander into that thread to act rear end, and the moderators of that forum aren't going to want to hit buttons on their regulars to protect a bunch of people that are literally only posting in the one thread under their purview, and frankly that would be their best and most correct course of action.

EDIT:

Patware fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 3, 2022

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Plutonis posted:

lmao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Plutonis posted:

I'm going to make love to your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Patware posted:

huge chunks of Something Awful performatively overreact to 'anime, full stop' in the same way a sliver of people here have decided to overreact to vtubers.

it apparently doesnt matter at all anymore but this is a real lovely way to frame the problem people are having that grouchio and invictus, perennial forums problem causers, causing yet more problems in the thread they like. come on man.