Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

DoubleDonut posted:

Put in a word filter that appends random honorifics whenever someone says someone else’s username.

DoubleDonut-dono!! sure does have a nice alliterative ring to it, so yeah cool I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Patware posted:

yes, a sliver of people here were complaining in increasingly overwrought ways about vtubers just about every time they saw a vtuber post. that's a fact, it is what was happening.

I think a lot of that was legit regulars complaining because it has been trashing the chat thread specifically, since vtuber posting was somehow allowed there and nowhere else on the forums (the worst of all possible solutions). I think it's understandable when posters complain about things that are making GBS threads up the chat thread. It's not much different than complaining when videos by Anime Review Youtuber Man #7162 get posted.

I hope a new moderated-with-fists-of-iron vtuber thread can be successful, and posters can have reasonable discussions about vtuber content and post clips and whatever, and the problem people can be swiftly honeypotted out the door along with the inevitable couple trolls who come in to post horrific poo poo "ironically".

DoubleDonut posted:

Here's some feedback: I love this subforum

:same:

I come lurk every day and as a result I've been introduced to so much good manga and anime, and read a lot of good discussion of both as well.