Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
my name is ecco and I'm here to say

I'll be a replacement in a radical way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

I'm glad I didn't sincerely welcome this new player hambeet

Hello Maerlyn. I guess.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

👀

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

EccoRaven posted:

my name is ecco and I'm here to say

I'll be a replacement in a radical way

Radically replace into this empty signup spot

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Invite 2 discord exxxpired

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Im also gonna debut a gimmick this game I've been craftin up

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Tommunist posted:

Im also gonna debut a gimmick this game I've been craftin up

Is it a gimmick where you actually post meaningful content in large amounts?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Yami Fenrir posted:

Is it a gimmick where you actually post meaningful content in large amounts?

That was my last gimmick. This one involves me actually paying attention till end game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tommunist posted:

That was my last gimmick. This one involves me actually paying attention till end game.

So basically until the end of D1 when you are unceremoniously murdered for lurking

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Insandenza posted:

So basically until the end of D1 when you are unceremoniously murdered for lurking

D1 is endgame? You suck at balancing.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hello everyone, don't forget to ##vote sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ilmucche posted:

Hello everyone, don't forget to ##vote sandwolf

You can only do this if you play, mouseboy!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Desperately trying to remember a single thing about Harry Potter to make some kind of sorting hat reference.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Toalpaz posted:

Desperately trying to remember a single thing about Harry Potter to make some kind of sorting hat reference.

The Old Spice Man sorts you.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

You can only do this if you play, mouseboy!!

I don't have enough time to post enough :(

Also I'm bad at critical thinking as much as I'd love to play a somber game

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
But I have a baby now.

Ten posts per day?

Hmmmm. Maybe?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Anidav posted:

But I have a baby now.

Ten posts per day?

Hmmmm. Maybe?

Do it dorkg

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Fine!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m PMing birdstrike, Infinitum, and Harold next

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

But I have a baby now.

Ten posts per day?

Hmmmm. Maybe?

No the magic snowglobe baby is an advantage remember?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anidav posted:

But I have a baby now.

Ten posts per day?

Hmmmm. Maybe?

If your baby can’t manage ten posts a day I’m not sure he’s ready to post.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Sandwolf posted:

If your baby can’t manage ten posts a day I’m not sure he’s ready to post.

You gotta start em' young.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I will play, if there's room, I wanna be a mason!

Also I have a new dog. Finally!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Game when? Also I'm mod confirmed town, it's in the OP.

Somberbrero posted:

[*]Sub Rosa (Confirmed Town)

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If that last spot is still open I’m in. I have a busy week ahead but from saturday I’ll be a normal amount active. Still will try no worries

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sub Rosa posted:

We're still -1 by my count! If we get the last person tonight I'll stay up way too late to get the game going though.

Edit: Well dang, I'll get to work.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Also can someone clarify rule 9 for me I don’t get what role comparison shenanigans entails I just don’t understand

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Nep-Nep posted:

Also can someone clarify rule 9 for me I don’t get what role comparison shenanigans entails I just don’t understand

Trying to catch people out on role pm formatting/flavor/naming inconsistencies is a bad idea is all I mean to say, i.e if person had their role formatted as Town Vanilla and another had it as Vanilla Town, I probably just made a mistake. I can't think of the last time this came up but v0v

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Thank you for clarifying!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sub Rosa posted:

I am going to use this as actual pronouns now just to be a smartass

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

No the magic snowglobe baby is an advantage remember?

Right....

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It wasn't unusual for Bezzelbee's to have a beginning of the year assembly, but returning students and faculty knew right away something was wrong. A North American Magical Education Society Superintendent stood awkwardly at the podium. They were part dragon and nearly seven feet tall, stuffed into a fitted black suit with bulging muscles. The normally uproarious group of excited and nervous students fell to a hush as the superintendent cleared their throat.

"Students, faculty, perhaps you've heard the rumors already. Sadly, I'm here to confirm them.

It is with great sadness that I announce Orion Bezzelbee has passed away."

A wave of shock ran through the crowd. Orion Bezzelbee had run this school for over thirty years, he was as much a part of it as the building itself. Without his potent sorcery and political acumen, Bezzelbee's would just be a dumping ground for late bloomers, or a diploma mill at best. With the funding he'd secured for the school over the years, it had transformed into something truly magical.

"Not to worry, not to worry," said the Superintendent Kulshedra. "I will be running this school in the meantime. I'm sure things will be challenging at first, but just show me that you're all the students and faculty Orion Bezzelbee made you out to be, and everything will be fine."

They let that hang in the air for a moment, just to make sure the threat was clear. No funny business.

"In the meantime, please carry on as usual, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. By the same token, if you see anything suspicious, well, say something."

With their beloved dean gone, the students and faculty at Bezzelbee's couldn't help but feel a little anxious about their own safety, and rightfully so. Whether they knew it or not, they were in great in danger... of not having a great time at school this year! Also, mortal peril.

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (19): Anidav, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Deadmeat5150, hambeet, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, PlasticAutomaton, Retro Futurist, Rhymes With Clue, Sandwolf, Shellception, Sub Rosa, Toalpaz, Tommunist, Yami Fenrir

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 28th, 2021 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 20 hours.

If you don't like your house you may request a transfer! This is not done at my discretion, so don't think I'm bullying you if your transfer is not approved.

To request a transfer submit ##transfer [desiredhouse] in your discord channel. DON'T SUBMIT IT IN THREAD.

An hour into the first day, the intercom crackles to life. "First years, your student ID's have the city you're from on them because of magical law. For some reason, we only get one awakened student from a given city each year so we're supposed to keep track of it. Please stop coming into the student resource center and asking."

also quick reminder you absolutely cannot copy-paste stuff from your house chats to the thread. refer to the rules or check with me if you're confused on this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BEARGLOVE RULES HARECREST DROOLS

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

wolf me blowing @ Deadmeat for having a similar name

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ain't gonna wake up
gonna skip a day
thank you

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
will being in the same house prevent sandwolf and I getting into it like we always do? I'm excited to find out

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Nep-Nep posted:

will being in the same house prevent sandwolf and I getting into it like we always do? I'm excited to find out

Keep the squabbling in your house, don't air your dirty laundry here

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

BEARGLOVE RULES HARECREST DROOLS

I will not stand for this vile hatred

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Do air the memes tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
They told me to read another book, but that was their mistake to assume I ever read one in the first place