Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I will play, if there's room, I wanna be a mason!

Also I have a new dog. Finally!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

TREE HOUSE PARTY TONIGHT

TREE HOUSE PARTY TONIGHT

TREE HOUSE PARTY TONIGHT

Tree bears?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Tommunist posted:

I will not vote for the following today: hambeet, bif, humalong, anidav, hambeet.

Mention hambeet twice means vote for hambeet, yes?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

i have no idea who rwc is and have never played with them before

I am a terrible player, you can ask Maerlyn or Bif. Thanks for putting this top of the page so I could see it.

Oh, and I am on strike until my mason buddy Idle Amalgam posts again. Or wait, I guess I kinda blew that didn't I?

All right, since my strike is broken I will try to case somebody.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Tommunist posted:

you should be reading the mafia game archives

No!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Bif sounds actually angry. I've been going back and forth with how I feel about Bif but it starting from a "Bif seems too nice" and Bif acknowledging that and everything added on since then seems like a rolling boulder in terms of a back and forth and I don't think it started from anything that substantial.

##vote Nep-Nep because I forgot she was in the game and idk their posting seems very safe, seems like they're blending in trying not to get noticed. This is my gut read right now. That Mr Rogers image giving them too much good standing with no consequence!!

Nice OMGUS here. Sure you forgot she was in the game.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Nice OMGUS here. Sure you forgot she was in the game.

Ah poo poo I nearly edited that loving post! Wrong dead guy. Sorry.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

So I know this has been said before but where the actual gently caress are IA and RWC.
*waves*

Yami Fenrir posted:

I can confirm... that I am not a town tracker.

Hooray, the curse is broken.

First post. A not-a-claim! Scum!

Second post confirms:

Yami Fenrir posted:

gently caress, you got me, cuff me boys (and girls)

Hey, if you're scum, don't be afraid to joke about it, right?

Then there were some business posts defending Idle Amalgam for his claim. Unlike some people I don't really find defending a bad look, necessarily. And then:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Scum detected.

This is fairly obviously not what I'm saying. Between Maer's awkward as hell backtrack on the VT thing and then going after the miller variant claim just for the claim itself like that, I think maer might be scum.

Especially with Sub Rosa just now popping in like that to discredit me as well lol

Actual ping here. What got me was the jump from “maer might be scum” to “especially with Sub Rosa popping in to discredit me”

Like what would Sub Rosa popping in to discredit Yami have to do with Maerlyn being scum? Is this a hint that Sub Rosa is doing this to defend Maerlyn?

Yami Fenrir posted:

[b]##vote anidav[ /b]

The more I read that post the worse it gets lol

You know what, I did not much like Anidav’s post (although I don’t know why, sometimes things just ping me and I have to figure it out, and I’m lazy). But this vote seems opportunistic.

Unvote a few posts later, did that help? Not really.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Just a few things off the top of my head, I will collect my floating thoughts into coherent blocks tomorrow after I slept and the thread progressed a little.

So far I don't think there's anything truly case worthy yet though and people (including me admittedly) are just jumping at bits.

All right, jumping at bits, that works. I don't know if admitting it actually nullifies it, though.

I’m gonna talk myself out of this case, you wait and see. Possibly collect my own floating thoughts into coherent blocks or something. More later.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Tommunist posted:

Don't like this. It's awkwardly self aware.

Harsh.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Shellception posted:

I got greeted by pictures of Rhymes' Very Good Boy, lol.

Pronoun fault! She's a Very Good Girl.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

I think the australians may be back in time to consider pushing sand wolf but because there is seven hours left I will vote mae for now.

##vote mae

Sorry to ask this but who are you talking about when you say "the australians"?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Suspiciously scummy people:
Sub Rosa. This is partly to avenge Maerlyn because she said to kill Sub Rosa if she got lunched and died. (I don’t know why Maerlyn thought she might not die but, well, she did.)
Yami. Not backing down on that one. You can jump on my posts for being bad but that doesn’t make me scum.
Deadmeat5150. Okay, d1 schtick, not a lot more. A reads list that centered on whether people were nerds (come on!). Continues party schtick in first D2 post. Okay, some of it was funny, but enough. Then out of the blue votes Plastic. Not saying it’s a bad vote but how about some reasons? I feel like there are some.

Very vaguely scummy:
Bifauxnen. Top-posting here, makes it really hard to extract actual content, there’s enough hot air here to float a balloon to China.
Anidav. A little bit, for 3P hunting. Scum more worried about 3Ps than town in my experience. Also posting a lot while either wearing or bathing a baby so I think maybe he’s really just here for the heir conditioning.
Plastic Automaton. Not a lot of content here either. Yeah, I know, I should talk.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Just want to add, when players describe others' posts as "self-aware" or "self-conscious" or "awkward," it just pings me. Those attributes are incredibly subjective. Can you say why a post is awkward?

And then, once you've described someone's post as "self-aware" or "-conscious" their next post is going to be even more so, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Who does this?

Sub Rosa (a lot, with regard to Maerlyn particularly)
Sandwolf (I am disappointed in you!) (Unless you're scum, then I understand.)
Yami
hambeet
Tommunist

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PlasticAutomaton posted:

From the masonry, this is definitely Townwolf. You can't fake that "oh my god you loving idiots how could you actually think scum would do this" energy that he was giving Nep and I earlier.

Townwolf? You talking about RF here? Townwolf?

And there is only one thing that scum can't fake. It's not energy.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Tommunist posted:

This post is incredibly self concious

Awkwardly composed, awkwardly posted.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PS I KNEW SOMEBODY WAS GONNA DO THAT

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

hambeet posted:

Self aware, for me, is when either by tone, structure or sometimes self deprecation someone’s posting conveys that they seem to be thinking quite a bit about how their posts will be received. Like they are very aware of all the little flaws that might be picked up in what they are saying.

Scum are generally the only ones who would worry about how town perceives them.

So if you’re town you should just focus on hunting scum and not spend time or posts worrying about how townie everyone thinks you are.

But one of the things I see a lot, done mostly by scum, is this kind of passive-aggressive attack on other peoples' posts. So it pings me. Yes, I am looking at tone. Most of the players here are too experienced and too good to make early game slips so gotta look for something more subtle. So I have a few triggers that make me go back and examine players' posts, and that's one of them.

I do see scum being a lot more worried about how they're perceived. But they are also concerned about shaping others' perceptions.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm getting married today I won't be around until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest, I leave you with a gift of opoptuition ##vote clue
Happy hitchin'!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Got some lovely news today. Two very close friends of mine died within 8 hours of each other. I'm not really going to be around today

Really sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I'm going up on the roof to blow leaves out of the gutter. (Where magic? Want poof, leaves gone.)

Assuming I don't fall off and break my neck, I will be back.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

One of my passives is a one-shot poison immunity which insinuates a delayed kill. I'm not saying who it's attached to for obvious reasons because I don't want to lose that passive. I knew there would be a delayed kill on night one but I didn't think I would be RB'd and then accused of not killing someone while having evidence about there being a poison kill which is pretty funny to me. Anyway, either Yami has explicit knowledge of a delayed kill and is trying to set up some wonky night stuff from the start and picked the wrong person to try that with, or they are THAT convinced their roleblock in a role madness game blocked the kill. You make the call.

I'm just trying to understand this. You knew there would be a delayed kill because you have something that gives you immunity to a delayed kill, have I got that right? Just checking. In other questions, were the things you sent out of more use to town than to scum? And did they have names?

Of course we knew wizard school had dangerous elements!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

When I read "poison" the first thought that comes to mind is delay, not knowing that 100% but I was anticipating no kills, yes. And yes, there are names to the stuff.

One of them doesn't benefit falling into the hands of scum I can confidently say, the rest it depends like the watch ability.

Thanks!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Did rhymes sub Rosa and anidav and yami for most of day 1? Maybe. Here’s one post to consider

Not sure what you are trying to say here. D1 Sub Rosa, Anidav, and Yami were on my list with Sub Rosa at #1 (at that time, I think Yami overtook Sub Rosa later ). Do not try to link me in any way with Sub Rosa and Anidav, confirmed scum, TIA.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Gosh, what a weird thing to say!

Yeah. What do you think of Shellception?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I know Anidav flipped scum but I'm still a bit confused with Plastic. Anidav flipped as janitor and a tracker so he may really have tracked PA to Sand and there was no stealing involved there so that is still a thing potentially??

I think Sub Rosa stole it. Somehow.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Gosh, what a weird thing to say!

I really don't know what b- was trying to say! It was a strange confluence.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

scum would have to know plastic was hitting sandwolf, which they didn't and that was the point of a callout I made to him, and tbh not following thru and claiming to target bif was smart.

So my theory is that scum stole Sandwolf's item.

About that bolded part. How does Toalpaz know that scum didn't know plastic was hitting Sandwolf? If Plastic is scum, they did know.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Yes?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I still have a gut on RF but he's so devoid of content that it can't really go anything beyond it

He is off yucking it up and getting married and stuff. Leaving all the heavy lifting to us! Can we turbo him?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Uff da, never mind, let's forget I never said that

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

It’s probably clue my gut is rarely wrong

It's RF because ffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttt

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

My gut is sometimes wrong, I can admit it. But sometimes right.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

What house did Rosa start in?

Harecrest

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

##vote Yami

I think I have said why. Will say it again, later. Also taking into consideration others who are also on Yami.

I am not gonna miss voting another day!

Could also go with Nep Nep.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Shellception posted:

... care to please tell me where the Rhymes thing comes from now?

I think it came out of RF's guuuuuttttt.

Like this one on D1:

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote maer My gut says this is the way

Gotta wonder if his gut is in sync with his wincon.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

I've voted and advocated for my largest scum reads all game but I'm willing to take a back seat and let other players decide. I thought RWC and Sub Rosa were opposite alignments due to them lightly bussing each other but to prove I don't have any hidden friends here:

##vote RWC
The idea that Sub Rosa and I were bussing each other is the stupidest thing I've ever read. Opposite alignments do not bus each other lightly or any other way.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote clue Willing to see how this plays out

You don't know how this will play out? Sure, pal.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

What does this mean?

I am making a subtle insinnuendo that RF knows my alignment.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

In Hawkridge right before it got shut down IA said he could investigate again tonight (last night) and then said he'd probably just put a noose around his own neck.

Looks like he was right.

I really kinda want to vote RF but this is bothering me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Okay, did IA say anything about investigating in the thread? Was it just masonry? This masonry thing was fun but now I don't always rememer where I saw things.

Sandwolf posted:

Any insight into his investigations?

He thought Plastic was okay.