Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Will I regret this? Yes.

Will I join?

Also yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

EccoRaven posted:

my name is ecco and I'm here to say

I'll be a replacement in a radical way

Radically replace into this empty signup spot

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tommunist posted:

Im also gonna debut a gimmick this game I've been craftin up

Is it a gimmick where you actually post meaningful content in large amounts?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I can confirm... that I am not a town tracker.

Hooray, the curse is broken.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

No Yami don't scumclaim already you were so excited about it

gently caress, you got me, cuff me boys (and girls)

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Seconding not bullying Sub Rosa. They play rarely enough as is.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

That... sounds about right.

Oh god I forgot that beet posts like, twice as much as bif does, who already posts twice as much as everyone else.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Don't even joke about it, I vividly remember one game where I was like "I finally finished reading beet holy poo poo" and then there were 40 more posts made while I was sifting through their post history" until eventually my mind just blanked out and I refused to read beets post history

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Yo who wants to go to a party tonight? Party at my place! Wooooo! Come on come on come on! We have pizza, and apples, and pizza, and maybe a transmuted keg of whatever.

Excuse me, did you soul swap with b-?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

Speaking of binus I'm vanilla town (write it down)

... okay?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maer did you roll scum again...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Idle Amalgam posted:

I've already done some crazy poo poo out of thread so I gotta do some in thread damage control.

• I have not read any posts
  • I will not read any posts until later today
  • I am a unique miller, A KillerMiller or MillerKiller... I'll kill anyone investigating me
  • My heart is filled with love and pure innocence and I am town
  • I have once again entered a world of survival horror, and the mods have made me scummy, but not scum.

Goddamn, I gotta steal that role for my own games, that sounds amazing if true.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

PMs don't lie, then again in my flavor I've been in 27 car accidents so maybe I'm different?

The "I would investigate as scum, if only you could investigate me" claim is less suspicious?

IA doesn't claim the former part.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Between this game and Arknights I wonder if people just fundamentally do not understand the concept of 'variant'...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

Well IA said MillerKiller not CopKiller?

That's just IA's wording being odd, what they factually claim is to kill invest roles.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Idle Amalgam posted:

I've already done some crazy poo poo out of thread so I gotta do some in thread damage control.

• I have not read any posts
  • I will not read any posts until later today
  • I am a unique miller, A KillerMiller or MillerKiller... I'll kill anyone investigating me
  • My heart is filled with love and pure innocence and I am town
  • I have once again entered a world of survival horror, and the mods have made me scummy, but not scum.

Here's the post again.

This is a variant on the Miller role. Nowhere in this claim does it say that they cop scum, they instead just kill invest roles. They presumably even cop town if the investigator survives.

Read, people. READ.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

"I am a unique miller"

Why don't you want people digging into this claim, Yami?

Scum detected.

This is fairly obviously not what I'm saying. Between Maer's awkward as hell backtrack on the VT thing and then going after the miller variant claim just for the claim itself like that, I think maer might be scum.

Especially with Sub Rosa just now popping in like that to discredit me as well lol

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

Dude if I'm the only vanilla in this game...:psyduck:

Seems to be his luck lately.

Where have I backtracked on being VT?

Also I was referencing shells comment that somehow my claim is more suspicious than IAs, (a comment directed toward shell) so why are you interjecting?

I didn't read "miller variant" so I assumed he was saying he's a Miller/PGO because isn't that what a Miller is (someone who investigates as scum but are actually town)?

Maerlyn posted:

Speaking of binus I'm vanilla town (write it down)

Maerlyn posted:

Binus often says "person said they were town" so it's partially a joke, but it's also true. That's pretty much it.

Maerlyn posted:

Mafia edit: true that I am town (that could be more confusing than I intended)

Maerlyn posted:

Nope, I'm literally VT in a somber game. I believe I've made this "joke" before in prior games but I don't remember off the top of my head.

First you say vanilla town, then you say it's a joke and you're just town, then you go back to claiming VT... And now you're claiming you didn't do that.

Make up your mind will you?

##vote Maerlyn

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also still sus of Sub Rosa because they just conveniently popped in when I likely poked maer but uh...

I'mma vote the person that can't seem to decide if they want to claim VT or not for now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Weren't you just observing Yami's last game, Yami?

Well they haven't horndogged onto you yet, that would be the town tell :P

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also still sus of Sub Rosa because they just conveniently popped in when I lightly poked maer but uh...

I'mma vote the person that can't seem to decide if they want to claim VT or not for now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Don't look at me this time Maer I don't know what these goldfish are on

Bif! I literally posted the quotes!

First they say they're VT, which they say is partially true, because they're just town, then backtrack to saying they're VT.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually she said it was partially a joke

Bif, that is pedantic.

Even if the vanilla part or the town part is partially a joke, they then claimed VT anyway... making it not a joke at all.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

There's a part of me that says this is just Yami being Yami but this is microscopically small and silly to obsess over on D1.

I am VT, the "joke" was invoking binus' name to write it down and defend me in the future because I proclaimed it early in the day. Which is a dumb comment from me because binus has never (and I pray will never) defend me in his town calls...hes more likely to call me scum. That was the joke, the VT is not.

Why does Day 1 matter for that? Scummy posting is scummy posting. Remember how I was onto you Day 1 in Stellaris Maf too?

I will fully admit that I did not get the joke, however.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Well there you go. That is why Yami is all fired up getting mad about people reading too much into things and asserting facts that were not stated in the original text.

Did... I miss something?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Well there you go. That is why Yami is all fired up getting mad about people reading too much into things and asserting facts that were not stated in the original text.

Oh I think I get it. about the IA thing right?

Goddamn I'm sleep deprived today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Sorry we won't be at the Lameguard party cause we'll be too busy hosting our own bitchin' party with blackjack and hookers.

But is it... a beach party?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anidav posted:

So a miller that no one can investigate and a vanilla town claim?

Would claiming vanilla town in a role madness game be considered a Jester play, I'm not sure if we currently use jesters in the current set-ups on forums games.

The miller claim sounds really odd, odd enough to potentially be not town. Maybe 3rd party survivor or serial killer trying to rapidly build a role persona day 1. I can't really see why the role as it is currently described would be town aligned. It feels like there is a hidden win condition to me.

Strange vibes but I guess trying to tell us of this miller role day 1 is pro town, kinda? If it's true.

First mafia game in awhile tbh.

That sure is some mad setup spec alright

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote anidav

The more I read that post the worse it gets lol

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

##unvote

Anidav explained reasoning in #harecrest and it seemed reasonable enough

... share with the class?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anidav posted:

I assure you I am saying nothing important in masonry chat. I was just expanding that I thought that the weird miller claim read like a role with survival in mind which would indicate 3p over scum in my opinion.

And a VT claim d1 can be used to grab attention which could be a PGO looking for chaos or a role that benefits from a lot of attention, such as Jester, godfather, ect.

That is assuming these claims are at most half truthful.

If they are fully truthful then this meta is hosed up and I fully expect someone to be posting in Swahili by day 3.

##unvote

Fair enough. Your initial post just came over really scummy but I can sort of see where you're coming from, especially with the VT one.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

It was a drat good game

The only thing I remember about YUGIOH mafia is that I was a GODDAMN TOWN TRACKER.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Well my first and foremost opinion is that it's past midnight here and I'm nursing a migraine.

My second is that I'm still vaguely suspicious of Maer (I don't know why but it feels like the same tone read I had on them Day 1 in stellaris maf too, and they were scum there. I will wait on a bit more content to be sure, though.

In related things, I don't like how Sub Rosa inserted themselves there at all.

Dead's party gimmick is starting to grate a little but they're a newbie so I haven't really looked hard because I'm not willing to vote newbies D1 anyway.

I also have no idea wth people are on about regarding bif.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Just a few things off the top of my head, I will collect my floating thoughts into coherent blocks tomorrow after I slept and the thread progressed a little.

So far I don't think there's anything truly case worthy yet though and people (including me admittedly) are just jumping at bits.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

How's everyone's masonries going? I was prodding at Shell a bit there but she's been fairly talkative in discord, despite feeling under the weather. Wish the other peeps would show up more though.

I'm the only one awake in Krakenguard :(

I miss our masonry, please transfer over.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I have definitely considered it, prolly woulda slammed the button already if it didn't just feel rude to leave the others behind. Shell even just missed out on getting to chill with us last time!

Would you consider heading over here? Although having us spam the hell out of Toal does sound hilarious....

I would feel pretty bad about leaving deadmeat alone with Toal lol

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

Revisiting earlier, knowing Yami a little bit and how they read/interpret posts sometimes, I felt like they are town from their questioning of me but what I don't like is the little tagalong vote from Toal and the followup post:

I didn't stumble over my claim, I know my role but realized my language was unclear and I'm talking to Yami so being as clear as possible will help prevent any further misunderstandings. . leaving off the word "vanilla" doesn't change or really mean anything in what I'm saying so pretending I am is just trying to capitalize on Yami's case.

##vote Toal

I don't like Sand or Binus lightly throwing on a little meaningless support Toal's way either. Sand does make a point about the miller claim and Yami that makes sense to me at least so that's a positive:

I don't see anything wrong with Yami explaining how they interpret it but the defense of IA feels kind of strange/unnecessary - why explain IA's wording, just let him explain in his own words when he returns to the thread? The only person who knows what IA's role entails is IA and whatever he told his house before he had to do "damage control".

Yami is an aggressive player but he feels off...I'm thinking it over a bit more/need to see more from him.

Oh, and I want to know if binus is going to go to deadmeat's party.

Okay so I was in the middle of rereading stuff when I noticed this abomination. Relevant parts bolded.

If this isn't a fabricated opinion, I don't know what is.

Maer is literally changing their opinion of me in the same post. First they're going after toal and sand/b+ for following up as tagalongs on a town case, then suddenly I feel off?

Which one is it? This reads to me that Maer forgot what read they were supposed to have on me...

##vote Maer

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

I knew you'd notice that after I hit submit, call it hours passing in between starting and submitting the post but I stand by what I said. I didn't get a scummy vibe from your posts about my role (it fits for you to question it) but defending IA and the anidav vote felt weird.

I want to peek back at Stellaris because I feel like you definitely drilled into/asked a lot of questions, here I'm not getting the exact same vibe but maybe it's me... Last night I put a note in my channel "Yami seems off, aggressive but uncurious".

Thank you for elaborating what felt off because I was just about to yell at you over that too.

IA is part getting mad about people not reading stuff (fresh trauma from modding Arkmaf really), part of wanting to like, actually play with IA since I haven't played with them in forever.

Anidav initial post looked very bad largely due to phrasing which implied just seeing a claim in the worst possible light so you can push them (which, incidentally, is exactly what got me on your butt in stellaris maf regarding b-).

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Shellception posted:

Hey, sure! Hope to see you around. I'll wait for an answer on Yami and Bif's side before putting up a transfer request, so we may actually share masonries!

Eh, I feel good enough about toal that I don't want to switch houses. Deadmeat I'm not entirely sure yet but since they're a newbie I will give them more time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

Training wheels are coming off deadmeat!

If you had given some kind of attempt at explaining why you are voting me (even if you just said "I believe Yami's case" or that Toal made a good point in the house chat, whatever) I wouldn't be quite as suspicious. Thats how building cases works.

Your explanation for your vote is just that you trust your housemates and I'm giving you the willies. That's really a nothing case.

You also proved in Arknights you're not as innocent as you appear, so you could be getting more comfortable but don't really want to put yourself out there on a vote on town.

I'm keeping my eye on you - and even if I could come to your party, I don't want to :colbert:

This seems a bit of an aggressive defense, don't you think? Do you honestly expect someone on their third game to post full on cases?

This feels like you're trying to intimidate the newbie into unvoting more so than anything.

In fact you haven't said a whole lot about people that weren't actively engaging you.

Anyone outside the people voting you you think are scum?