Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Have the Lions ever tried not being the Lions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Apples McGrind posted:

also Matt beat Tom Brady again, so that means he's the best QB in the league now. That's the rule.

If you went back to the beginning of the NFL and treated the GOAT as a belt to be won who would be the current GOAT?

Nov 6, 2002

I'd sacrifice any NFL team is it meant Trump was too distracted to run again.

Nov 6, 2002

Lions will win a couple I think.

But I've been known to be wrong

Nov 6, 2002

Magicpants posted:

an underappreciated part of this tie is dan campbell calling all his timeouts at the end of overtime to help preserve time for the steelers to march into field goal range, only to get out bailed out by a miraculous fumble at the last possible moment

I think he was betting on the Lions getting a stop on 3rd down so he wanted time left for them to get another crack at a winning field goal. But of course it backfired.

Nov 6, 2002

By the end of November the best teams don't usually look the same as they did in September. To a certain degree you can begin to write off those early season loses as irrelevant, because they truly are not predictive of anything. I think the Titans' loss to the Jets is fast approaching that.

Nov 6, 2002

Perhaps, but I'd wager that by mid December the Titans and Bills will be clearly better than everyone else in the conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

C-Euro posted:

The answer to "can such-and-such very good college team beat such-and-such very bad pro team" is always a resounding "hell no", but I think this current Lions team is one of the most debatable cases. Like put them against something like the 2001 Miami team where half of the players ended up getting drafted, and I think The U keeps it within a couple of scores. This Lions team is just plain lacking in talent.

But what about the troops? Could the troops keep pace with the Lions????