Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal

There he go
Hello everyone. I have decided that BYOB needs a collective dream journal for everyone's dreams. Whether you're trying to practice lucid dreaming or you just had to write down that cool robot battle you had last night in your head all are welcome here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go
I had a dream a couple of nights ago where I was a teen again and our family was on a vacation. We were driving down a hill towards a city and decided to stop at a Steak n Shake for a late night dinner... except my dad drastically overshot the parking lot and we began to glide into the city below.

We narrowly missed landing on the roofs of several buildings before colliding into a residential skyscraper. No one was hurt (???) so we climbed out of the wreckage and began to search for a way out. We had landed in a relatively luxurious apartment with no apparent exit.

The owner of said home woke up, not because of the crash but simply because morning came. They were pretty chill about the whole situation and showed us the exit: a silver hatch under a rug. Unfortunately freedom was not yet within our grasp. Climbing down the hatch led to... an MS-DOS graphics, side scrolling maze with extremely frustrating combat. After failing several times to go through the maze I looked online to see if there were any skips or cheats for this maze. After finding none, I began to throw a tantrum as the owner lectured on how this was the best and most fun way to exit a home.

Sadly after that the dream lost narrative coherence. I realize hearing about another person's dreams can be very, very boring so congrats if you read this whole spiel.

Farecoal

There he go

Viginti Septem posted:

I've dreamed of entering a mansion as a big storm was brewing only to find myself trapped in a hellscape of not knowing who I was and being chased room to room by this child that would age a bit in each room I encountered him in just before he attacked me. I met up with him one last time on the stairs just before I got to the front door only to realize he was my age, and looked just like me. He said something to the effect of, "now life circles back again" and I found myself back at the beginning just entering the house to get out of the storm and my memory of the previous events slowly slipping away.

Have you considered a career at Capcom

Farecoal

There he go

Viginti Septem posted:

Do they pay to dream?

Not as far as I know but that dream sounds like it could be a Resident Evil game

Farecoal

There he go
I've also been shot in my dreams, always through the chest. It feels like all the air is sucked out of my lungs and I can't breath.

Farecoal

There he go

Viginti Septem posted:

Curious, is it right as you're waking? Sleep paralysis?

No, pretty much in the middle of the dream. And I've never had sleep paralysis.

Farecoal

There he go
I'll be honest I think you might have failed your quest there and the eldritch thing ate reality

Farecoal

There he go
I had a half-awake fever dream as kid where I thought my dad was the landlord of my bed and I was going to be kicked out for not paying rent. I got really hysterical about it apparently

Farecoal

There he go
Well? Were you stealing their cable TV???

Farecoal

There he go
2nd family sounds chill, should have joined them and hosed around with a potato gun :cool:

Farecoal

There he go
I haven't had dreams I can remember that well, but last night I think I dreamed about working at a restaurant of some sort. All I can really recall is being very mad about having to work mandatory overtime

Farecoal

There he go
Another dream where I can remember some highlights but not the main plot:

• The governor of Northwest Queensland in Australia (a place that doesn't exist) resigned because of her mishandling of COVID. Nobody really cared but it was being treated as huge news by the media.

• I met an old, grizzled veteran (not sure of what) at this fancy hotel and he told me about being in the Super Boy Scouts, which are much tougher than the regular Boy Scouts and do extreme wilderness survival.

• A pilot flying around a WW2 bomber as part of an air show above the hotel crashed and died. I spoke to his pregnant wife and she started crying about much she loved him and missed him

Farecoal

There he go
Part of my dream last night involved me getting and going to the kitchen at around 4 AM. Suddenly I needed to pee and I was too tired and lazy to go to the bathroom, so I started pissing in a trash bag(???). My mom chose that moment to come back from a late night walk and just stared at me in disappointment :(

Farecoal

There he go
I was playing some weird version of Dark Souls 2, all the icons and UI elements had been rendered in a pastel, cartoonish style (you could turn this off in options), and the objective was to find and defeat these 4 former knights of the king. One of them you had to get to low health and then get into a shouting match with them about how they should go home to their family. Another I couldn't defeat because whenever I tried to backstab them my character would fall through the floor and die :darksouls:

Farecoal

There he go
Can't remember much from last night's dreams other than getting very angry at people for not remembering that Xenomorph skulls are actually made of eggplant

Farecoal

There he go

Prurient Squid posted:

I had a dream where I was a juror on an accidental death case and I didn't think enough evidence existed to establish proximate cause so I voted Not Guilty.

:haibrow:

Farecoal

There he go
Get a tattoo of the Japanese WW2 army flag, this will have no repercussions

Farecoal

There he go
Cut across three lanes of a highway without looking in my dream. No crash but I did disappoint everyone in the car

Farecoal

There he go
Had a dream where I was working in some weird office job. Can't remember the overall "plot" but some highlights:

• A woman I was working with was fired on the spot for making a sexual comment about another co-worker.
  • This other woman wanted me to adopt her special needs cat. Apparently his back claws overgrow massively and needed to be removed (entirely) every week. That part got pretty graphic!
  • I was cat sitting and due to a glitch the cat was replaced by some weird monster that I had to kill. I was panicking over how I was going to explain this to the owner when the cat respawned. Problem solved!

Farecoal

There he go
I dreamed that I was a soldier and had to defend a small keep in the middle of a giant stone bridge. Then a giant lesbian beat me in a fistfight and turned the keep into a bar :(

Farecoal

There he go

Prurient Squid posted:

My dream.

I was in a room and the floor was full of sleeping bunny rabbits. I tried to slip by them to get to the door and then one of them woke up and started and then they all started to wake up and it occured to me that if I cornered them they could turn on me and attack so I fled without even closing the door (which means that they could get out).

:fireman:

Farecoal

There he go

Chrs posted:

last night I had a really sad dream where I discovered my cat who was put down last may wasn’t actually put down and had been put in a cage at the vets waiting to be euthanised for 6-7 months because there was a backlog. in the dream i rescued her and carried her off to the afterlife.

That really sucks, I'm sorry :(

Farecoal

There he go

Chrs posted:

it’s ok it was only a dream even if it was a horrible one. I wasn’t sure whether to share or not what with it being such a downer but it feels good to share just so that i don’t have it bottled inside

Despite the thread title all dreams (or nightmares) are welcome here!

Farecoal

There he go
I had a dream that my oldest brother joined a hippie nudist group and started playing guitar on the street for money

Farecoal

There he go
I was part of a heist crew working for this terrible boss. To escape with our latest loot we had to go through a maze composed of conservative political cartoons. At one dead end we ran into an animated cartoon which depicted a young boy who was terrified that he was gay. He was encouraged to "eject his sin" by a priest and his parents, otherwise he might be executed by higher-ups in the church. And then the dream ended! :amen:

Farecoal

There he go

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I dreamt I was Dr. Who and I got really drunk and mined a guy's house with antimatter bombs as a prank.

I would watch this episode

Farecoal

There he go
A two part dream!

1. A short one from a third person perspective. A femme fatale character was locked up on a space station controlled by Darth Maul. She manages to escape, finds a powered exosuit, and defeats Maul. She then ties him up, sets the station to self-destruct, and gives him one chance to escape by taking a tiny spaceship and dangling it at the very top of the station before escaping herself.

2. I was a combination cat and car salesman. A woman with a very large face came in and asked about some kind of surgery to reduce her face size. I convinced her to adopt a cat instead. I went to her home to figure out what kind of cat she should get, and saw she didn't have a car! It turned out her husband was a wealthy man, and I took their family to see a line of British-made cars. They decided on some horribly ugly new model (it looked sort of like the Batmobile) that could split into two halves. They took the front half home, while me and some of the other staff followed behind in the back half. We missed the turnoff onto their street, so we tried turning onto the next street. Turns out it was filled with monsters! We managed to get out using the car's built in weaponry but the outside had been horribly damaged. We finally got to the client's house and tried to hastily repair the damage, but to no avail. The family came out and saw what had happened, decided to never use the combination cat shelter car dealership again, and I was fired from my job.

Farecoal

There he go
:lovebird:

Farecoal

There he go
I was teleported to a desolate section of Alaskan coast so I could walk to a house where I was supposed to be pet sitting. Along the way I got followed by three lynx-like creatures called Salishes. When I finally got to the house, they charged in as soon as I opened the screen door and beelined for the aquarium. They took this one fish out and started ripping it apart. I was able to chase them off before they could do more damage, and somehow the fish was still alive. I was trying to nurse it back to health in the house's gigantic kitchen sink when the dream ended.

Farecoal

There he go
The Gloop: A podcast where gloops are reviewed. What's a gloop? I don't know!

Farecoal

There he go
"Mike Democracy" (that's it)

Farecoal

There he go

kalel posted:

something like this?

:hai: "that's it" was my own commentary but I love it as a slogan

Farecoal

There he go
My mom bought all the internet infrastructure in our city. I got very upset at her and told her that it should be publicly owned by the community and we got into a screaming match about. Honestly not much different from real life

Farecoal

There he go

Prurient Squid posted:

I had a dream where I was playing the second Pheonix Wright game and there was a whole thing about a machiavelian magician or clown or something.

That might have just been the game though. I don't know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAaCZNKfWaA

Farecoal

There he go
Two pretty disturbing dreams recently:

1. I woke up and realized my dad had tried to kill me by injecting acid into me. When I tried to use my phone, it began smoking out of the crack in the screen because of all the acid in my system. I also felt kind of acrid (can't think of a better word) all over. Can't remember much else because it was a few days ago.

This next one is really awful (as in trigger warning awful) so I'm putting it in spoilers.

2. I was a member of this coed fraternity which was known for partying. One of the older supervisors, who had been there for years, organized this club activity called "Becoming a Man", which I was pressured to sign up for. It involved taking one of the fraternity woman (one who I was sort of friends with) to a room in the basement and sexually assaulting her. I walked away from it but did nothing to stop or report it. When this was finally found out (due to a unrelated investigation about inedible, moldy food being served), the supervisor was fired, and the students who participated were moved to other fraternities. Nobody was arrested. I felt horrible about not speaking up, and ended up having a long talk with the victim. She forgave me in the end, and that was the end of the dream.

I was never in a fraternity and was only at a 4-year college for 1 semester.

Farecoal

There he go
A Canadian goose suddenly appeared in my bed. I was freaked out and thought it was going to attack me but it just looked around a little bit then sat down and went to sleep.

Farecoal

There he go
A zombie plague (cliche, I know) broke across the world. I was in "Southern City" (basically New Orleans) when it reached the United States. I was part of a huge mob of people running to get to the last train out of the city. We were all pushing other people down (me included) to distract the zombies, and I eventually got in the very packed train. I was safe...

Except then I was suddenly in a car with my two brothers and some random driver that was also fleeing the city. The driver tricked us and drove off a pier in a murder-suicide attempt. Luckily I got the door open before we hit the water, so I was able to swim out and then rescue my brothers.

Farecoal

There he go
Also a lot of people were dressed up in costumes because they wanted to look funny when they became zombies

Farecoal

There he go
Jeffrey (of YOSPOS) changed the look of the forums to be more "Web 2.0". He also got rid of dark mode. There was a huge outcry by goons, although some of them pointed out he needed to attract new users so he could pay for his cancer treatments (???). I remember one post specifically pointed out how this wouldn't have been an issue if the US has universal healthcare (they got probated). Eventually the changes were quietly reversed, and then I woke up.

Also, I tried to look at BYOB's reactions by checking the chat thread, but the update screwed up long threads and all the pages were out of order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go
My brother got a new pet bird (a dove). My mom and I took it on a walk, but lost track of it on the way back. My brother went out to search for it but could never find it, so we assumed it had been killed :smith: