Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Baker is hurt. Hunt and Chubb are out. I think Cleveland's starting tackles are still out too. It's a tough time to be on a short week for the Browns.

Teams catching up with us on injuries it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Lets hope the 2nd surgery does the trick. What a poo poo situation.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The inevitable Ravens Titans playoff game is going to be better than the super bowl. Book it

Just need it to be in Baltimore so we don't have the pressure of keeping up the road team winning streak in the series.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Football is trying to get me to believe the Bengals are definitely making the playoffs this year and I'm digging my feet in like a donkey being loaded into a transport trailer.

Just dont play the Ravens. Please.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Watkins held down the fort while Bateman was hurt. I'm guessing we will see him back after the bye.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Last time we had a true rebuild year was 2002.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

This just isnt our year. PLEASE do not spend anything to acquire anyone. Just wait till next year. I still say we sell if anything but I dont think watkins will get anything anymore

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That means nothing. We will likely make the playoffs but have way too many holes and weaknesses to make a serious run.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Forrest on Fire posted:

Yeah man hang it up, no team as bad as 5-2 has ever contended for a SB.

I think our best bet is to just finish out the season as we are, go into the playoffs with low expectations, and hope we can not get so unlucky with injuries next year.

Also Lamar Jackson is really awful passing from the pocket when there is any pressure on him. That must be fixed. But the line having injuries to every player on it doesnt help

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bellmaker posted:

I'm on Kawalimus' side here, they're gonna get steamrolled by Derrick Henry (again) or Ja'Marr Chase (again)

I think it's between Bills, Titans, and Bengals for the AFC atm but all three have baffling losses (Steelers, Jets???, Bears).

We've been real good against Henry the last two times. Even in that regular season game where we had all those injuries for 3 quarters we stifled him.

The Ravens have to figure out whats going on with the defense. On paper they shouldnt be this bad. Sometimes they play really well but then in most games they are melting down and seem lost.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

One play against a historically bad defense isnt convincing.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Based on passer rating under pressure and completion percentage above expected Lamar Jackson was the 4th best QB under pressure in 2019. 3rd best in 2020.

He was for sure feeling the constant pressure he got from the Bengals but so would basically anyone without a run game or effective quick passing game to make the pass rush pay.

I dont think hes bad under pressure per se in fact hes great on the run. Im talking specifically when passing from the pocket under pressure at all he seems very rattled by it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah. And what I'm saying is that by the stats and my lying eyes he is significantly less rattled by pressure than most QBs.

When hes able to run around this is true. But not when in the pocket