Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ziv Zulander posted:

Anyway I wish she would be more positive about her body. Like her butt in particular she’s ashamed about but I don’t get why

oh boy

oh boy, this. please ladies I wish nothing more than for you to see what we see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

great big cardboard tube posted:

I'm a dude and currently a healthy weight but I grew up fat and being bullied about it and as a result I have hosed up body dysmorphia and have fluctuated between 120lbs and 180lbs (of pure out of shape fat) on a constant cycle of either starving myself or binge eating so ya just wanted to chime in eating disorders are real and they suck and anyone can have them.

Much love to the fat chicks.

oh hey there another buddy

i was pretty chubby as a kid and got made fun of because i had manboobs and unfortunately though my weight is normal now, they never went entirely away. I still watch out what kind of clothing i wear because i'm very self conscious about it. wish i could just get surgery or smth.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

SatansOnion posted:

anyone else fancy the term “Rubenesque”? I dig the way it simultaneously evokes the edifying experience of the museum and the horniness of cavorting about nature in diaphanous gowns

Reubenesque where she’s covered in sauerkraut and Thousand Island (or Russian for you traditionalists) dressing.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Szyznyk posted:

Reubenesque where she’s covered in sauerkraut and Thousand Island (or Russian for you traditionalists) dressing.

I think I found my Halloween costume for next year

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm probably like "hazardous materials" or "please dispose of trash properly". something that would go on a warning sign anyway.

Code Jockey posted:

I love it

and I love how just using any workshop model leaves it so open to peoples' expresson, that must feel so good

i've been playing mostly as a shiny Sorayama style gynoid lately and it's pretty rad

been considering getting a model to match my avatar ported over...

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Quick question, you a dorito?
I am store-brand. I think I am called a bravo

Code Jockey posted:

well you know what? I have a husky and she is loving adorable so I can think of worse things to be associated with
ABSOLUTELY

I am pretty adorable so I am still comfortable with husky even though it clearly is said in the same sense as "big-boned" or "fluffy"

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

SatansOnion posted:

anyone else fancy the term “Rubenesque”? I dig the way it simultaneously evokes the edifying experience of the museum and the horniness of cavorting about nature in diaphanous gowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcRsHhUbe3g

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Code Jockey posted:

Cutting a nice figure is so strange

Like some things even I think I look legit Good in, but boy, other things, yikes

I have a specific sweater that I wear when I want to look P. Good Actually

Yeah man, that’s why you dress to your body type! You’re you. Do you and what makes you feel and look good. Tailoring owns — if you wear dress shirts often, there’s a dope site called Luxire.com

You can get nice rear end custom dress shirts made to your measurements from for usually ~$70 (you pick material, pattern, sleeve types, button types, whole schitck). It feels so good to have something that fits you the way you want, highly recommend it if you wear dress shirts often at all.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

tehinternet posted:

Yeah man, that’s why you dress to your body type! You’re you. Do you and what makes you feel and look good. Tailoring owns — if you wear dress shirts often, there’s a dope site called Luxire.com

You can get nice rear end custom dress shirts made to your measurements from for usually ~$70 (you pick material, pattern, sleeve types, button types, whole schitck). It feels so good to have something that fits you the way you want, highly recommend it if you wear dress shirts often at all.

kinda sounds like a commercial dude

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

kinda sounds like a commercial dude

or it’s just a recommendation from one tall goon on which every shirt is either a belly shirt or a circus tent to another tall goon on solid/affordable dress shirts that fit ($70 is a lot but literally nothing for bespoke dress shirts)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

tehinternet posted:

or it’s just a recommendation from one tall goon on which every shirt is either a belly shirt or a circus tent to another tall goon on solid/affordable dress shirts that fit ($70 is a lot but literally nothing for bespoke dress shirts)

also sound like a commercial, but I'll play along.
I have no reason to buy a dress shirt

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

SatansOnion posted:

my dad would use it as a compliment for my mom so personally :barf:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Recommendations are good

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

teen witch posted:

Yes! What is their size (if you know) or style? Torrid is a solid jumping off point.

Oh! I'm familiar with Torrid! They used to have cute things, I'll check them out again soon! Thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry I didn't get back to you after blatantly asking for help pages ago- we had to go to a wedding and the lead-up was crazy.

For pants, they are women's 21, but I'm not sure what the conversion is for shirts from men's to women's. In men's they are 3xl (technically 2xl, but they like more room to move in. )

For shoes, they're around a women's 14, mostly. These are the hardest to find, but shopping online has made it easier.

The most important thing really is that I can find cute, colorful things, rather than being overtly "female" clothing. The section it comes from matters less than the color/print, the issue is only that "male" clothing is so drab!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

DicktheCat posted:

Oh! I'm familiar with Torrid! They used to have cute things, I'll check them out again soon! Thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry I didn't get back to you after blatantly asking for help pages ago- we had to go to a wedding and the lead-up was crazy.

For pants, they are women's 21, but I'm not sure what the conversion is for shirts from men's to women's. In men's they are 3xl (technically 2xl, but they like more room to move in. )

For shoes, they're around a women's 14, mostly. These are the hardest to find, but shopping online has made it easier.

The most important thing really is that I can find cute, colorful things, rather than being overtly "female" clothing. The section it comes from matters less than the color/print, the issue is only that "male" clothing is so drab!

Ok so I recommend Universal Standard for basics, albeit they’re a tich pricier than Torrid, but they have SIZES UP THE BUTT. Uh, ASOS is dece for more H&M type things, Dapper Boi for more bro-y wear focusing in on masc-of-center type fits, Peau De Loop has fun shirts but they seem to go up to 20.

Also holy moly thecurvyfashionista is a nice little resource…

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I'm willing to bet this has been asked already but I'd appreciate if some one could recommend a good place to buy plus size lingerie.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

I'm willing to bet this has been asked already but I'd appreciate if some one could recommend a good place to buy plus size lingerie.

I have heard decent things from savage X fenty but cannot vouch personally.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
My ex used to get a lot of Torrid stuff lingerie wise

it's good. :)

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

teen witch posted:

Ok so I recommend Universal Standard for basics, albeit they’re a tich pricier than Torrid, but they have SIZES UP THE BUTT. Uh, ASOS is dece for more H&M type things, Dapper Boi for more bro-y wear focusing in on masc-of-center type fits, Peau De Loop has fun shirts but they seem to go up to 20.

Also holy moly thecurvyfashionista is a nice little resource…

Bless you, genuinely.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

teen witch posted:

I have heard decent things from savage X fenty but cannot vouch personally.

Savage X Fenty is quality, but they don't have a "baby doll" that my SO is looking for.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

teen witch posted:

SIZES UP THE BUTT

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lol this crossed my mind too

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Im a little larger than "normal" dad bod and my wife is fat. I love her body but she has a lot of problem with self image issues. Do you have any suggestions on how to talk to her in a body positive way when she feels down and hard on herself about her weight? I feel like saying i think she is beautiful isnt cutting it

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

tractor man posted:

Im a little larger than "normal" dad bod and my wife is fat. I love her body but she has a lot of problem with self image issues. Do you have any suggestions on how to talk to her in a body positive way when she feels down and hard on herself about her weight? I feel like saying i think she is beautiful isnt cutting it

That’s because your image of her isn’t the problem. Just offer to be supportive if she wants to try doing something about it. Not necessarily in a “go on a diet and work out” way but maybe a change of clothes or a new hobby or just a routine change. But you don’t have to suggest what to do. Just tell her whatever she feels she wants to try you are ready and eager to go along with it.

Except polygamy. lol gently caress that poo poo.

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Noblesse Obliged posted:

That’s because your image of her isn’t the problem. Just offer to be supportive if she wants to try doing something about it. Not necessarily in a “go on a diet and work out” way but maybe a change of clothes or a new hobby or just a routine change. But you don’t have to suggest what to do. Just tell her whatever she feels she wants to try you are ready and eager to go along with it.

Except polygamy. lol gently caress that poo poo.

Hey baby i know you feel ugly rn is it cool if i go hang out with my other gf while you figure that stuff out?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Her leaving after attaining body positivity is a risky outcome. Better to just let her wallow in self loathing like the rest of us.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm a dude that loathes working out except running, which I love I have a very broad chest - not muscular, I just have a weirdly large chest. I definately have what some people would call "man boobs" though I've made my peace with it, they're just kind of their and not really all that aesthetically bad.

But clothes, man, clothes just assume I'm a plank with no definition. Button seams fall open, jackets sit weird, vests never look quite right. I hate looking at photos of myself, again not because of my body but because clothing looks like it's fitted for an entirely different kind of creature when I'm wearing it.

I am not looking for advice on how to "resolve" my chest situation so please do not thx

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
i used to wear "hawaiian" / "bowling" style shirts a lot that would fit my back and arms but not also my chest, so i'd just wear them open overtop a tshirt. maybe you can wear something like that or alternatively over like a stretchy vest or something? two shirts may accomplish what one cannot?

i am not a fashion person lmao

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It bugs me when people are like 5 pounds overweight and they go on these extreme fad diets. It bugs me when ANYONE goes on extreme fad diets because they aren't healthy, but watching average/slim people scramble to lose weight is unnerving.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

DicktheCat posted:

Uh, is this the place to ask for advice for where to get clothes for a 6'2" large woman? My wife is those things and I want to get them pretty things. They deserve to feel pretty, bc they are. I've not looked at every single page in the thread, so if I missed it, I'm sorry!

can't help you with that. but if you could give me the directions to the 6'+ tall wife store that would be great

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

SatansOnion posted:

it makes me think of a sandwich op

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm a fat dude and I wish I wasn't but I love food too much. well that's my story thanks for reading.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

oh and I love women of all shapes and sizes and colors.

that whole "being a women" thing that some people do? yeah I think it's pretty badass tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
i needed a seatbelt expander on the airplane, but only by like 1cm, like the two ends could just touch but not far enough to click together >:[