Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
This is the campaign they take their dignity back. All Kenku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Sam plays an elf that actually sleeps 8 hours

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Joey McChrist posted:

liams quick wit was already shining through.

You could say it almost ties the group together

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
"Don't get on my rear end about it" was a genius level character moment. She's so indignant that someone would point out she's breaking the law and endangering their little mission, like it has zero effect on her, without being so gauche as to say it outright.

If Ashley can keep up the Jack Sparrow theatrics, she'll be the best player to watch.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
I am not paying that wizard 60 thousand gold just to get drunk and cast a cold spell once a day on the fridge, darling.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Eagerly awaiting good guy Shadow Baker, Private Investigator (P.I)

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
I would love to see the Empathy subclass for FCG written out.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Ashton is hella overpowered right now, lol drat

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Welcome to the Mighty Nightmares

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
With most of the critical role drama, you gotta want it if you think it's a problem. However, Marquet was a standard Edward Said orientalism problem until Matt said he would fix it.

It's up to these fans to recognize that, and it's going to take a lot to convince them. I think it's on the cusp of being inconsequential, but who knows?

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
What do you mean it isn't Thursday?

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Getting to know your weird group over shots is totally real and normal and yet it makes for REALLY BAD D&D.

edit: tbh I really wanted to know, though, so..

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
TRAVIS.. TRAVIS.. TRAVIS.. TRAVIS..

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

eke out posted:

fixed this for u

no thanks tho

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
hey there delilah what it's like in new lich city

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Travis is every NPC, including this hooded guy, and he's just slicing his finger across his neck at Matt any time he doesn't love the vibe.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Ok, so if Travis decides to Dread Pirate Anger this, I'll be so happy.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Surely you've heard of the Cataclysmic Concert of the East?

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
oh my god, Laura

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Ashton gets invited to rush Alpha Delta

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I'm surprised none of them even tried out the obvious "Troublemakers."

Yeah, what the gently caress is up with that?

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
It's true. The Briarwoods, the conclave. All of it. It's all true

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
It's a fantasy world where criminals are specifically more like captain hook than peaky blinders. (I hate this argument, but I can believe that Matt just doesn't want to spend time on criminal underbosses since he really doesn't like absolute villains sub bbeg very much).

Frankly, if he made an example of the shadow baker for sending them there, it would make more sense than attacking the group.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Orym really reminds me of the one guy in a group who really thinks he's closer friends with everyone than anyone else does.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
that intro is way more like what I'd expect from a lame D&D twitch show

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

eke out posted:

i missed some of the plot: i assume they're trying to figure out who the phantom of the opera is?

This season is so much more theatre kids than the previous two.

Edit : this table is a good actor

redbrouw fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 10, 2021

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
The music is spooky.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Bells eclectic sweet trouble,

The BEST

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
What kind of theatre kids did you know who were criticizing the spring musical for having a pith helmet?

I have to admit, I struggled a little with a homebrewed continent that I wanted to not seem generic European but also didn't want to be a caricature. It was actually far more easily done with architecture or other non-person based ideas than anything else. In the same way that the TV series Rome seemed otherworldly because it wasn't staid white columns, I just put in realistic considerations like mud brick, wattle and daub, or slate stone houses only where it made sense geographically, and spent more time describing those than the people walking about. Monumental architecture was where you could really call on influences from other parts of the world, like a ziggurat or palace with lots of mashrabiya balconies, but then subvert their expectations inside.

Spending a lot of time trying to mimic the pattern of a person who might inhabit a similar area is a fool's errand, and you'd be better off just letting the players fill in their own ideas by using the world around the person.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
the author is dead and the fan is braindead

edit: is nobody going to point out the gas can in the intro? I feel like the white capitalists of Critical Role Media Corporation could have at least included a solar panel. Pacific islanders are sinking under the ocean for your carbon emission sins.

redbrouw fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 15, 2021

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
I think it speaks volumes that the white cast of critical role embraced a costume style known as white academia and should be applauded for self awareness

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Pattonesque posted:

I just started watching CR this campaign and am enjoying it

Welcome home, critter

Ignore the family, they act like this every time we get together

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
lol their youtube banner is literally I AM NOT MARISHA RAY

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
I think Chet is going to get tiresome really quickly.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Does Travis really think that being a little old person will mean nobody will romance him? It seems weird that a young large person would portray someone like this.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Is

It

loving

Thursday

Yet

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

This is violence

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Some critters have a wonderful sense of poetry.

https://twitter.com/tshortik/status/1478382674297430023

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Is it possible that FCG has charm person with his empathy subclass? That would make 5 of them, which is like an I win button for social roleplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
You can go on a date with ANYONE AT THIS TABLE.

and so it's everyone at the table.