Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

As someone who joined mid C2, i'm excited to be in the ground floor for the thread and to see a campaign from the start. All the theorizing about backstories and mysteries and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Flakey posted:

No, C2 was as well.

They moved from G&S during C2,

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

liams hints for what he's picked for sam suggest he's gone weird rather than regdar.

I also think they won't play classes they've done in one-shots. they all seem more like the type to go for new things

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I am really excited for them being around a table again :unsmith:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Senjuro posted:

It's clear that he was struggling with challenging the party near the end. Hence the inability to rest, the completely overpowered intuit charges, and Lucien's at will antimagic cone that dispels magic instead of just supressing.
He didn't have that problem with Vox Machina for some reason despite them reaching higher levels and often being called overpowered.

My theory is they're trying to keep episode lengths down, but to challenge a seven person party outside of bosses, you need a lot of enemys which slows down the combat a lot and they want to avoid all-episode combats and/or six hour episodes

Just a guess

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Weren't there hints that Orym was sent away from the Ashari for a reason during EXU?

The biggest thing suggesting bertrand isn't staying (to me) is that he's higher level than than everyone else. It could just be that he doesn't level as much as everyone else, but it still looks out of place

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Very carefully

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I think theres gonna be a lot of backstory stuff this season as well - sure launda and oryms look like they're gonna tie to C1 somewhat, but fcg has his amnesia/cant talk about stuff going on, fearne had little hints that her grandmothet isnt exactly the friendliest & why she left the faewild. Theres gonna be a fair amount of the internal stuff eventually. We're still super early in the campaign atm

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah real marginalized person here. im sure its a struggle every day to go out to those cons and dress up in whatever costume they want

Dig up

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I dont know what point you think you're making, but randomly making assumptions about how much racism someone has been subject to is both a bad way to make that point, and makes you look like a lovely person.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

They're presumably gonna have them all equal level at least

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

My personal in is that i'm friends with the writer of honey heist and i'd vaguely heard of crit role in my periphery as a gaming nerd on the internet. So i decided to watch honey heist, then decided to watch C1 from the start and spent the next half a year or so watching the main show more or less continiously until i caught up

Got into some trouble at work for that :sweatdrop:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

That font made me think it said 'I found a oval office'

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I like the idea of a system where you'd have a list of racial traits and you pick say two or three freeform and that decides your heritage. Seems a good way to do things

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Its always seemed obvious to me in the various actual plays i've seen that the jokes keep you around the characters long enough for you to start caring so the emotional stuff then lands, its how CR, TAZ and Dimension 20 at least all work. You start watching and stick around for the laughs and the sillyness, then over time the comedy becomes affection. So yeah of course the early episode are gonna be sillier

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Todays the day kickstartet backers will get to watch the first two eps, i'm pretty excited

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Actuallly, after looking stuff up. I was the one who was wrong. Sorry there old bean

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

In the cartoon, do y'all think that they're just leaving kaylee for S2, as in campaign shed come in before the dragon attack

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Nah, its almost certainly for revivify, a level 3 spell so he can cast it now

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

If you watch the twitch VoD its funny to see chat pick it up in real time

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

For some reason i always imagined it as a big magic rail gun that looks like the room the body of the pilot is found in in alien

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Which line of sams?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I think its just a coincidence

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Some of my favorite sections are aimless.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I'm more leaning towards the grandmother is evil theory myself, that she did some memory stuff to fearne

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Dragonstoned posted:

I started watching Dimension 20's fantasy high and my god I love Brennan and Lou so much :allears:

How far through are you?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Gimme dem ep 2 reactions

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Its gonna be emrakul the aeons torn

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

It would feel weird, albeit true to d&d, to have fearne die right now, her story is incomplete (once in a home game which was fairly deadly and during an extended mission into the hells, we reached a point where every player who originally had gone on the mission had died and started a new character, i cant remember now if we even finished the mission in the end) Oryms story feels like it would make sense to have his death spur the group to investigate his assassins thing/get revenge.

The last ep did show the difference between CR and a home game tho, in a home game you dont want to end on the same kind of cliffhanger because you'd want to know who needs to restat.

But yeah, it had a weird energy that definitely felt like theres gonna be some kind of undoing of the deaths or something. I hope not but we'll see.

For the revivify/roll question, its been inconsistant over the duration of CR, during C1 they rolled for it at least sometimes (the most memorable one being Vex after the beholder fight in the crypt) but i dont remember any rolls during C2.

Pocky In My Pocket fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 10, 2022

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Twitch have announced a change to their payment split that will take effect from middle.of next year and it's gonna be curious if it changes how CR run, cos its gonna be a big hit to their income

My loose calculation based on the leak last year is twitch are gonna be taking ~1m from CR anually

Pocky In My Pocket fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 21, 2022

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

tsob posted:

I feel like she was basically missing from last week's episode as is, and not just because she got up and left the table just over an hour into a nearly 4 hour show. I don't recall her actually saying or doing much, since her character was knocked out or dead the entire time. Did she even speak up much for the audience to hear, or was she mostly speaking quietly to Sam and Travis on either side of her?

Pretty sure laudna was unconcious the entire time. She actually died pretty quickly into the ep.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

There's no way Grog dies of old age. He either goes in battle or choking on a chicken bone from eating too fast.

Well, scanlon is obviously gonna die how the gods intended...

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

rocketrobot posted:

I got a promotional email about season two. I imagine it's already been announced.

Edit:

They got two seasons when they got picked up by amazon, so the big question is release date

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I didn't see the panel, buut from twitter it looks like the Chroma Conclave is gonna be a two season arc?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Antitonic posted:

Didn’t they do “daggers” for a Vox Machina version?

Even if it had “cultural insensitivity” issues, I vastly prefer the original video for “It’s Thursday Night” than the rotoscoped animated one; it felt like it actually fit the song, and allowed space for the guests to appear too. The animated one feels too out of place.

Counterpoint: the new one gives Ashley a sword

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

The thing i find frustrating with matts combat is hes largely stopped doing multiple enemy encounters for bosses or higher xp fights.

That and the fact that he almost certainly fudges rez rolls

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Casting info for TLOVM season 2 has some fun tidbits
Henry Winkler, Lance Reddick and Cheech Marin will guest star in the second season of the Dungeons & Dragons-inspired adult animated series. Additional guest cast for Season 2 includes Will Friedle (“Boy Meets World”), Billy Boyd (“The Lord of the Rings”), Cree Summer (“Rugrats,” “The Patrick Star Show”), Alanna Ubach (“Euphoria”), Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (“Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence”), Troy Baker (“The Last of Us”), Sendhil Ramamurthy (“Heroes”) and Ralph Ineson (“The Witch”).

Apart from the very two obvious names of who they'll be playing (and excited to have them confirmed) who do you think the other will be?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

The Repo Man posted:

I'm assuming most of them will be dragons, but I wonder if Kerreck will show up in S2. He was a huge part of Keyleth's growth, so I can't imagine they would cut him.

I kinda wonder if thats one they'd try and get the original actor for if they kept them in

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Theres a new trailer out for season 2.

https://twitter.com/FANologyPV/status/1603436276878745601?t=fbrkAJhY0wCWG5qE3hRdDw&s=19

C1 spoilers
so it looks like theres the slayers take stuff, kaylie, the pokeball, i think the tenticle monster briefly shown is repacing the beholder from the frozen lake (which theres a shot of keyleth parting) so that death is still in there probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

C3 has been real horny. Very very horny