Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Sam warforged when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

CuwiKhons posted:

I definitely want to see someone try to commit to an accent/voice that they really aren't going to be able to maintain over the course of multiple years.

Why would you want Sam to play someone who is mute?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah that'd be a great one shot character if the main cast was going to commit to it.

Would be a good guest appearances character.

Also since new thread bring back Ify Nwadiwe for a main campaign guest appearance already.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I wonder if we should list notable guest appearances and/or give a thread curated one shot playlist. Something along the lines of ones we think are good to sell the show with or whatever other criteria we want.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Those are both good suggestions! I'll add a section for anyone who doesn't know about D&D and put some links to the CR books in there.

I do like some recommended one shots too, since it's also how I got into the show to begin with. The Terry Crews one I remember really liking because it had a beginner's perspective and showed the rolls+modifiers on-screen. Maybe the Darrington Brigade as well, just because it's possibly the best one shot they've ever done. :v:

e: I also submitted my predictions and I'm excited to be dead loving wrong

I agree with the Terry one, though technically that was a Nerdist production that was a feat: CR members if that makes any difference to you. It doesn't for me but some people might have Opinions™. My only concern with Darrington Brigade is the same one I'd have with recommending Grog's one shot and that is accidental spoilers for people who wouldn't want them.

TotalHell posted:

Gotta recommend including Liam’s Christmas one-shot, The Night Before Critmas.

The recent Ashley one-shot, The Nautilus Ark, is also really great.

And not a one-shot, but boy do I enjoy Undeadwood.

I was actually thinking Critmas when I suggested this so hi5.

I don't know which one shot would be best to fit into this option, but I would want to have one that went max chaos crew off the rails to show off that side of the table. Maybe Crash Pandas would be best for that showcase?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Having just now watched the set reveal, C4 is going to be just a volume set like Mando.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
C2E001 had low 100ks concurrent audience. What is everyone's guesses for C3E001?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

The final episodes of season 2 had between 650k-1.9M views, so I'm gonna guess we have an easy 1 million. At least until after the characters are all introduced and people start bailing when they don't like someone's choices.

Overlord K posted:

I'll be curious to see how many people watch on twitch VS youtube for the premiere more than anything, I'm gonna be going youtube for this whole season if possible.

I'm going to guess peak concurrent across all platforms, including theater tickets will be somewhere around 500k +/- 100k. I realize that is a fairly big swing but I just can't make up my mind which way this will go. I think closer to 1m as a peak concurrent is maybe possible but also poo poo that just sounds so outlandish for a bunch of nerdy rear end voice actors playing D&D.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Man of all the cast Ashley can have the biggest ponytail/glasses glam up transformation from just chilling to runway. Of course they all look good glowed but man.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

queeb posted:

I've tried watching at 2x but the best I can do is 1.25, any faster and I have to keep rewinding to catch stuff

I do combat at x2 or x1.75 depending on the scene and shopping at x1.75 and basically everything else at x1.5 when I am watching catch up.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Gonna laff if FCG turns out to be the robot version of Corporal Nobby Nobbs.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
She looks like the fourth alternate character concept of some street thug archetype in an 80s cyberpunk source book. I only mean this in a good way.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I like the Sun Tree angle and hope that is the direction she chose, even if the tie in to the Sun Tree is something else entirely.

This idea probably is better for a one shot but with Taryon out there promoting his brand and his association with VM all over Exandria, enough time has now passed that one of them could play an overly obsessed Vox Machina super fan.

I could see Sam really going great places with that concept.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

AJA posted:

Marisha is just doing amazing this with this character.

I mean, Travis and Ashley are killing it with vocal characterization (is that the right term?), and Sam is always great, but the expressions and physical animation that Marisha's putting in are just next level. So much fun to watch.

Edit: seriously, don't just look at her face here, look at her hands. That's serious investment/commitment to the bit

https://twitter.com/Myrondrawsstuff/status/1456999235568615432?s=20

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
With the exception of shopping for Travis, they usually seem pretty caught up in whatever moment is going on rather than bored, waiting for their turn.

That even sometimes includes combat to the detriment of pacing, though they've gotten a lot better at that over the years.

Always feels like there is more projection than observation, especially when it comes from chat, on this.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Senjuro posted:

But we never saw the pre-stream so it doesn't matter to us as viewers how smoothly it went.
I do wonder how slow combat must have been back then. Between the player count, their inexperience, and Pathfinder's more complex rules it must have often moved at a snails pace. They did do whole day sessions however so that probably helped.

Based on how they talked about it, pre-stream was an 8-12 hour affair that was a mix of eating and drinking/catching up and socializing/actually playing the game. You know, much more in line with the average intermittent friend game so any inefficiency with pacing was likely barely even noticed.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Deuce posted:

"I can't speak for SWANA communities except here's an entire article where i'm literally doing that."

With a little "I liked Critical Role before it went all mainstream" thrown in.

Most all the comments are calling them out for one aspect or another, which I thought was a little funny to see since it is their own site.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Hell hath no fury like a white person offended on behalf of a person of color.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
This is the same person who drove the comedic timing of Grog for years. I have absolute total faith that Travis will know when and how to use Chetney for maximum effect without ever wearing thin the gimmick.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

redbrouw posted:

Does Travis really think that being a little old person will mean nobody will romance him? It seems weird that a young large person would portray someone like this.

Weird how?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Feel like they've done a good job so far with the first two episodes of the show. The pacing of events in episode 1 felt a little rushed as they tried to get everything needed for the next couple episodes established. But episode two was already going at a much better speed. They could easily have season 01 just be the Briars at this pace and on to the Chroma for season 2 and if they get renewed for 3 or 4 they could do either the build up to and then Vecna across both or just Vecna in 4.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

It was more that several scenes felt a little gratuitous to make sure you knew this wasn't for kiddies. Just off the top of my head: Ok sure Scanlan's loving the inn keeper's daughter (complete with topless shot), but did we have to cut back to him going down on her just to drive it home? Or when the dragon is vaporizing people, we already saw one dude just get shriveled, but then we had to linger on the leader having her skin melted off while she screams. Then little things like seeing the bottom of Scanlans balls when his pants fall down, or how so many people just tended to explode/get launched onto things that conveniently impale them.

My wife tends not to enjoy graphic depictions of gore so the stuff you flagged were all something to get through rather than enjoyed for her. So I for sure get where you are coming from.

Also does anyone remember how old Grog is supposed to be here? He looks akin to a baby faced high school linebacker to me.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
All the discussion really seems to hinge on gore vs gratuitous gore. You would have a very hard time matching the source material with no gore, but that doesn't mean you have to over sell the scene either.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how they convert table mechanics into things that carry more narrative focus like Pike's healing -such as in failing to heal the kid. Or really just any magic in general. Also the ebb and flow of combat where you'll do less trading hits with lethal weapons and more dodge/parry/thrust. You even saw it just with Grog where he only had one rage in all the combat in the first two episodes and even that came halfway through the fight.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Is one of them going to play Santa?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DaiJiaTeng posted:

Jesus...there's only more and its only worse. Was really hoping that last time was the end of that poo poo.

But...it's concerning that there are two other employees of CR in that lawsuit. How long was this going on behind the scenes?

2019 it sounds like which is a... well it's not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I'm sure nostalgia for where I was in life while watching S1 plus the nostalgia by proxy for how stereotypical D&Dness the party was colors my view of it but so far S1 wins out as best lineup.