Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
He started the affair because the wife was medically unable to have sex for a while. The kinks materially do not matter because they were just a post facto rationalization, and if he ever brought them up with his wife there’s a risk she’d be okay with them and thus wreck his rationale and force him to confront his guilt. Y’know at least until he comes up with a new rationalization.

Notice the admission comes right as he finds out about her cheating and he’s suddenly of the mind that cheating is not cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

teen witch posted:

Really starting to wonder what those kinks were

have you seen the movie "The Cell"

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

"Freelapse" sounds like the term for when your colon prolapses out while massively straining, but then gets sucked back into your abdomen without medical intervention.

Nah, that's "rosebudding".

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Seth Pecksniff posted:

have you seen the movie "The Cell"

I'm not surprised he didn't bother to ask if she was into horse butchery

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Brawnfire posted:

I love seeing the cool, logical mister "I've got my very good reasons, everyone else is just overemotional" type get increasingly agitated and self-destructive as emotions overwhelm them.

Anybody who self describes as "rational" is entirely ruled by their emotions. Ascribing your actions to logical reasoning is just a way to always feel like you're right and never have to learn to moderate your actions for the sake of others.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

r/CakeEater is a sub for people who are happily married and having affairs.

Remember that person who made a crack about heterosexuals a billion pages ago and everyone jumped on him?

I...think they were right.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mean ol heteros

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f185MPggf-0

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

John Waters is a man of deep wisdom.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ScienceSeagull posted:

How are Christian mimes different from other mimes?

A friend of mine once got abducted and almost raped by a Christian mime, that hasn't happened with any secular/baha'i/whatever mimes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Mx. posted:

AITA for asking for an apology when MIL was caught lying about me to family?
This is such a classic "moron caught in a lie" move. She did it! Well, actually I don't remember! Okay I did it but it's still her fault

Mx. posted:

A guy I am seeing is playing mental games on purpose.
I 100% approve of her ripping him off and dumping him.
Just gonna post my name, rank, serial number, face, and admission of guilt

Tenebrais posted:

Seems like a rare case of a poly/open relationship working when it probably shouldn't. How can you know your wife makes a habit of deliberately breaking up couples, be against it, and just leave it at that?
It helps that every single person involved has the maturity of a bird that just kicked its way out of the egg

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Second Update: UPDATE Never saw this comming

Speaking of kinks, I had a joygasm at the outcome here.

Hypocritical captain logic getting justice and having an emotional meltdown, fuuuuuck yeaaaaah. Need a smoke after that one.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

They need to sit down and talk about it, not post about it on Reddit.
Evergreen thread title.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ScienceSeagull posted:

How are Christian mimes different from other mimes?

From my googling, it looks like a thing in some Black churches where they wear mime makeup and a white outfit then do Gospel stories in silence

I get it, I was bored of the loving gospel in Sunday School more when I was a kid, these adults are probably desperate for anything to spice up worship

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

"Freelapse" sounds like the term for when your colon prolapses out while massively straining, but then gets sucked back into your abdomen without medical intervention.

No that's a Rusty Venture.

AITA for telling my fiance that he has to choose between me and his family ?

quote:

I (19F) am engaged to my wonderful fiance (20M) and we're planning to have our wedding in April. People from the outside may consider us too young to be marrying already, but we've been dating for almost 5 years, so I'm confident in my decision. Two days ago, however, his older sister (26F) announced that she's pregnant. I was fumming after hearing this and went off on her about could she get pregnant when our wedding is right around the corner, in a time where she would be totally showing and thus stealing the spotlight from me. She said that she and her husband have been trying for a baby for over a year already and that she's gonna try to find a dress to hide her pregnancy at the wedding, but I didn't buy her act and told her that I know what she's doing and I'm not gonna let her upstage me during my biggest day and so I uninvited her on the spot. She and my future MIL went ballistic on me and that told me that I'm overreacting and that I'm acting like a petulant child. I wasn't surprised to see them gang up on me, they never really liked me to begin due to my Romanian origins ( despite living in their country for most of my life ) and thus not being worthy enough for their son/brother. I just told my future MIL that if she's gonna take her daughter's side, she can consider herself univinted from the wedding as well.

When I got home, my fiance tried talking me down of my decision, saying that we can't just leave his family out of the wedding ( he's always been a mama boy, so it was to be expected ) and told him that I already univinted my own parents for continuously trying to convince me to not get married at such a young age and I'm very thin ice with my 3 brothers, so I'm definitely not playing and nobody is indispensable from our wedding, not even his family. We started arguing for a bit and told him very clearly that he now has to choose between me and his family and if he chooses them, then the wedding will be off. He hasn't brought up the subject since, but he's also been very quiet since then. Almost everyone I'm totally overreacting and I've gone crazy, but all I'm asking for is for people to stop trying to disrepect or ruin my wedding, which they keep failling to do. My sister is so far the only one who's on my side and completely supports my decision in uninviting my future SIL and MIL, saying that if my fiance ends up choosing them over me, then he's not worthy of me anyway, which I completely agree with. Granted, I think I need some unbiased opinions to see if I'm in the wrong or not, so Reddit, AITA ?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Soylent Pudding posted:

20M needs to loving run!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Soylent Pudding posted:

No that's a Rusty Venture.

Am I so out of touch?

No, it's my friends, family, and future husband who are wrong

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No one is invited to my wedding. Not my in-laws, not my family, not the caterers, not the officiant, not my fiance. It's just me, having the perfect ceremony I've always dreamed of, alone.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Soylent Pudding posted:

People from the outside may consider us too young

his older sister announced that she's pregnant. I was fuming after hearing this and went off on her about could she get pregnant when our wedding is right around the corner

nooooo, you're not too young.
Tho tbf, there's no evidence from this thread that you can grow up to pull your head out of your rear end.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kimbo305 posted:

nooooo, you're not too young.
Tho tbf, there's no evidence from this thread that you can grow up to pull your head out of your rear end.

societally? No, not technically too young

Mentally? completely different story

I always wonder what happened to Jane and John*, a couple I knew from elementary school to high school. They literally dated from like the fifth grade all the way up to graduation

I bet they separated once they got to college tbh, but I'll never know.

*fake names obviously

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for wanting my daughters to wear nice dresses at their cousin's wedding?
Since when is a prom dress not a nice enough dress? You could get married in a prom dress.

eta: Mom also says

quote:

She's not wise, she just takes pride in being the "good" child (both sides of the family labeled her as the "good child" very young. My nephew even called her the good one when he introduced the girls to his fiance) and she wants people to think she's better than me and my oldest.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I bet that dude's name ain't worth poo poo anyway

Like who are you, the Rockefellers? You're just some guy named Bob Dopplebop, who gives a gently caress if your dynasty continues

https://twitter.com/emilybest/status/976269222321025024?lang=en

trickybiscuits fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 27, 2022

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

hawowanlawow posted:

prediction: this guy will be single again and a full on incel within six months

Almost absolutely, especially because NoFap is part of the manosphere and a fash recruiting pipeline.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

That quote

“If you run into an rear end in a top hat in the morning, you ran into an rear end in a top hat. If you run into assholes all day, you're the rear end in a top hat.”

feels appropriate here.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Brawnfire posted:

From my googling, it looks like a thing in some Black churches where they wear mime makeup and a white outfit then do Gospel stories in silence

I get it, I was bored of the loving gospel in Sunday School more when I was a kid, these adults are probably desperate for anything to spice up worship

They wonder why nobody wants to go to church once they stop being physically forced to when they spent a century turning it into the most agonizingly boring and tedious thing imaginable.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

Yup, it's this. It was...interesting.

Inre: being fancy at cousin's wedding, I did a mental stumble when the prom dress was mentioned because my definition of prom dress is very firmly rooted in early-2000s notions of a massive fancy gown with petticoats and a matching shawl. Which would most definitely not be appropriate. But I'm assuming this is a more modern style where it's closer to a cocktail dress.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He started the affair because the wife was medically unable to have sex for a while. The kinks materially do not matter because they were just a post facto rationalization, and if he ever brought them up with his wife there’s a risk she’d be okay with them and thus wreck his rationale and force him to confront his guilt. Y’know at least until he comes up with a new rationalization.

Notice the admission comes right as he finds out about her cheating and he’s suddenly of the mind that cheating is not cool.

"How could she throw away 20 years of loving marriage" asks the man who spent 6 of those years loving another woman behind her back.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it really so hard to just not gently caress somebody else? Like if you love your partner and don't want to hurt them, can't you just gently caress them instead of some random skank/fuckboi?

Like even if they're not available and you're really horny, why not just have a quick wank, as opposed to loving a stranger and nuking the relationship?

I dunno guys, these affair things seem really dumb and bad to me. Does anybody get why they're so popular?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

jazzyhattrick posted:

Is it really so hard to just not gently caress somebody else? Like if you love your partner and don't want to hurt them, can't you just gently caress them instead of some random skank/fuckboi?

Like even if they're not available and you're really horny, why not just have a quick wank, as opposed to loving a stranger and nuking the relationship?

I dunno guys, these affair things seem really dumb and bad to me. Does anybody get why they're so popular?

Well la-de-da miss or mister long-term-thinking over here

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Brawnfire posted:

Well la-de-da miss or mister long-term-thinking over here

Hey now.

They could be neither.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

empty sea posted:

I saw a Dr. Scank had signed off on a rabies tag once when taking a dog's history. I have since dreamed of being so loving cool as to be called Mrs. Scank.

Alternate option, a Dr. McCool once sent us rads from his vet clinic. The gently caress I gotta do to be Mrs. McCool???

When I worked at the helpdesk at my college during my degree, I regularly had to help a "Dr. Dragon", and we all agreed that names don't get cooler than that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I had a Professor Hazard.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't quite understand taking the wife's name in relation to marriage. I totally understand not taking the husband's name and in fact me and my ex wife didn't change either of our names and it worked out very well since we got divorced but I've never understood taking the wife's name. If you think it's bad to get rid of your identity by taking on your husband's name why is it good for him? Unless you're on the run or don't want to get searched, but I imagine that's a very small amount of people. Im also not saying it's wrong, I'm genuinely curious as to why you would do it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Halloween Jack posted:

I had a Professor Hazard.

Was he also a duke?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Pick your name, pick their name, mash the two together or some up with something new. Use whatever you want for professional purposes.

But an awful lot of society is built around the assumption that families will share the same family name, and if you mess with that assumption then you are going to have endless grief.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

empty sea posted:

I saw a Dr. Scank had signed off on a rabies tag once when taking a dog's history. I have since dreamed of being so loving cool as to be called Mrs. Scank.

Alternate option, a Dr. McCool once sent us rads from his vet clinic. The gently caress I gotta do to be Mrs. McCool???

I'll let you guys in on a secret queer people have figured out, and which infuriates many parents and 'dynasty builders', which is that you can name yourself whatever you like. it just takes a small fee and whatever paperwork your jurisdiction requires.

this is particularly satisfying bc you got these parents thinking their whole life that Pnurtis Billbo is gonna do the comphet thing, have a kid and carry on the family name, and then Pnurtis becomes Phoenix Flight building a family of lil' Flights and everyone flips their poo poo.

end dynasties, create your own. Be Scank-McCool, the most awesome ska dancer there ever was.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I don't quite understand taking the wife's name in relation to marriage. I totally understand not taking the husband's name and in fact me and my ex wife didn't change either of our names and it worked out very well since we got divorced but I've never understood taking the wife's name. If you think it's bad to get rid of your identity by taking on your husband's name why is it good for him? Unless you're on the run or don't want to get searched, but I imagine that's a very small amount of people. Im also not saying it's wrong, I'm genuinely curious as to why you would do it.

I have no idea why people do it in the west, but in Japan a lot of men do it if they are a second son and their father in law has no sons, so they get to inherit the land and the family business. Why the name change is necessary is probably patriarchy.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

There are a lot of advantages to having the same name as your children, parents who don't often have to prove their guardianship at schools, hospitals, etc. And even for a spouse, there are examples where one partner ends up incapacitated and the other doesn't have documentation that they're married immediately available.

You can work around all of that, but it's definitely a convenience and worth at least considering/discussing.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Had a friend take his wife's name. His dad dipped early and my friend resented him deeply.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Alchenar posted:

Pick your name, pick their name, mash the two together or some up with something new. Use whatever you want for professional purposes.

But an awful lot of society is built around the assumption that families will share the same family name, and if you mess with that assumption then you are going to have endless grief.

My wife hyphenated because when I was a lot younger it mattered to me, and hyphenation was a compromise that left us both a little dissatisfied. We have both chilled out since then, but she has said she’s actually glad she hyphenated over just keeping her name since we have kids, because they have my last name. If she had a different last name the doctor’s office and the school would be more of a pain in the rear end than they already are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

therobit posted:

I have no idea why people do it in the west, but in Japan a lot of men do it if they are a second son and their father in law has no sons, so they get to inherit the land and the family business. Why the name change is necessary is probably patriarchy.

Wasn't this specifically a plot point in Eva or soemthing? Gendou had some other last name and took Yui's last name IIRC.