Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Starting the thread with a trash tier husband upset his bang maid isn't doing the maid part anymore :kiss:

Gotta respect the classics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

pentyne posted:

Wasn't there an AAM about some middle manager who organized a happy hour or something, was encouraging everyone to eat some weed edibles, then surprised then with a drug test the next day?

Yeah he took them away to a mountain retreat for the weekend and had them tested on the first day back at work.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

pentyne posted:

Wasn't there an AAM about some middle manager who organized a happy hour or something, was encouraging everyone to eat some weed edibles, then surprised then with a drug test the next day?

Found it:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Free company vacation leads to everyone being fired.

Ive been working for a small tech company In Dallas TX that has around 10 senior employees for the past 4 years.

We have been going through some budget cuts as well as removing the company policy for new hires to “double 401k contributions” meaning if I put 10$ in my 401k my employer puts in $20, leaving me with a $30 401k contribution.

The company is now removing this policy but as our contract reads the 10 of us are pretty much grandfathered in to this clause amidst stealing company property or being drunk / high on the job. So if I stole something from the company my employer has an out to terminate the contract.

****************Story****************

Our boss recently took the 10 of us to Colorado for a week to ski on a company trip as a thank you. It is not unusual for him to thank us in these “big” ways. (In the past he has given bonuses, gift cards, ipads)

While we were in Colorado our boss brought us some “Special brownies” and we all decided to eat/ try them as we are all close and pretty much all friends and its legal in Colorado. One girl did not for personal reasons.

We had an amazing time in Colorado and enjoying the activities for the week. But that all changed when we got back to Dallas the following Monday.

When we opened up all 10 of us were met with a random drug test which was odd because our Boss just last week indulged with us in eating Marijuana brownies.

Well come to find out 9 of us have all had our 401k contracts terminated per the stealing/drug/drunk clause. The only person who still has theres is the girl who did not eat the brownies.

My question is: is this even legal, do I have any course of action against what it feels like is “entrapment”

TLDR; We went on a company vacation, our boss bought us marijuana cookies and is now using us failing Mondays drug test to revoke our 401k contract

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

therobit posted:

AITA for not attending my sister's wedding due to it being child free?

I'm a mother of two kids. One of them is 2 years old and heavily disabled

When I told my sister she got mad, said I'm not thinking of her special day

Well, no, of course OP isn't thinking of her sister's "special day", she's thinking of her loving child's welfare.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Piell posted:

AITA for complaining to the manager about a rude cashier?

"Rude" here, of course, meaning not licking her boots.

gently caress people like this.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Sounds like having an addict sister who deliberately ruined important life moments caused the other sister to just break.

Also, how does a 15 year old get addicted to opioids? I know the US has the whole opioid crisis thing, but can a child get access to them without a parent's and doctor's consent?.

Also, I'm wondering why Kasey didn't get to go to college? Was it because of her addict sister?

Basically, what I'm asking is whether the parents had a golden child, got her addicted to drugs because they couldn't bear to see her in 'pain' and ignored every time she literally vomited all over her sister's life.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Given everything we know about the US opioid epidemic, I am absolutely never going to blame a child for becoming addicted to powerful pain relievers.

The older sister comes across as insanely petty in all this, no matter how badly she feels she was treated. It was half a lifetime ago. Let it loving go.

EDIT: it reminds me of the guy whose wife cheated and he stayed married and raised that child as his own until they were 18, then walked right out the door.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 23, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

SalTheBard posted:

Do you have a link to this one O_o

Sadly no.

But it wasn't a fun read. Just the hosed up and sad story of a guy who spent 18 years plotting his revenge on the woman who cheated on him and the innocent child who believed her father loved her.

He played the role of caring husband and father just so it would hurt them even more when he eventually walked out without a word the day the daughter turned 18.

Seriously hosed up sociopath poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 24, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Evil Willow posted:

I really, really hope OP sticks to his guns on this one!

AITA for accepting money from a friend's estate against the wishes of their family?

He left them a token amount, so I'm guessing they have no legal legs left to stand on and can go right to hell.

They treated their father like poo poo and he still paid for their college educations.

gently caress 'em.

Take the money, be gay, do crime.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Midnight Voyager posted:

AITA for telling my dad that I'm not his replacememt wife?

Yeah it was rough, but she told her dad exactly what he needed to hear.

"What about your father's grief?"

Goddamn, what about the children's? You're adults, it's literally your loving job to take care of them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

therobit posted:

AITAH for not giving my wife's family an invite to our wedding

She ended up setting up a date for her family to facetime us, that date was 3 days ago and it was no different, We were yelled at for 20 minutes until I got up to grab water, I am very clearly pregnant and as soon as I got up they all start praising me saying I would be an amazing mother, I walked out the room got my drink and came back, all they would talk about was the baby but my mother in law kept calling me a single mom and my Farther in law kept laughing when I said we were raising them together, at some point my wife ended up showing them her wedding ring, they started asking who she was married to? where is he? Is she planning on having kids with her husband?

Goddamn, this is some of the worst erasure I've seen in a while.

Good on the both of them for keeping those toxic bigots out of their - and their future children's - lives.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

cumshitter posted:

Like do the parents think they can just say "Yeah I'm straight now" and the other students will just role with it? I get the feeling it's more for them.

Definitely for the parent's benefit.

The kid is "guilty" of the worst crime: :decorum:

Also, being gay. Meaning no one in authority in her life is about to actually help her.

loving good on her for being such an absolute legend in dealing with it. Just brilliant.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for walking out on my boyfriend after he told me to do the dishes myself?

Edit: please stop telling me to leave him, he is perfect in every other way

Every. loving. Time.

My unemployed leech boyfriend who plays computer games all day does nothing around the house we used my money to rent and furnish. Now he's upset when I come home from being on my feet 8 - 10 hours a day and expect him to do half an hour of light work around the house.

AITA?

DIPAC.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for exposing my parents' favoritism

Fukken A, kid.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Double posting for dad of the year here:

AITA for not congratulating my daughter on cleaning her room?

And what a piece of poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Uncle Enzo posted:

Um 4 breaks vacations of 3 weeks is 12 weeks, out of 52 in a year is 23 percent of the year, every year that they spent without him. drat near a week out of 4 on average, regularly spending weeks at a time without his parents. Plus regular date nights. Even when he was older and could have looked after himself, nope you're not coming to Florida kid.

Um yeah, this kid feels like you ditched him every chance you got. Because you did.

"Wooh, we're going on holiday and are going to have a wonderful time. No, you can't come. See you in a few weeks." repeat four times a year.

No wonder the poor kid resents them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Serephina posted:

Nothing too spicy here, but I got a good guffaw at the spoilered part. The first post was just him sending flowers after talking to her on the phone.

[UPDATE] A client(23/24M) sent flowers and chocolate for me(19F) to my work. I’m not sure how to respond or what’s appropriate

Oh for gently caress's sake.

Remember when that republican did it to Obama?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Whorelord posted:

please for the love of god do not name your daughter mildred

Spicyred.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

spouse posted:

19M - Slytherin attitude

well-known extremely smart video gamer loner lord voldemort.

Hey guys, I identify with a violent, racist, genocidal murderous supremacist. Aren't I cool?

I'd say this was written by Ben Shapiro, but he says he's tall.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

gently caress you and your coffee addiction, Gramma, we boof ayahuasca in this house

Why can't you just shelve your pingas like a normal person?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
OP's being a pathological clean freak.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
loving lolling at the idea of a white hotep.

smdh

Mx. posted:

I wanna live like common people
I wanna do whatever common people do
Wanna sleep with common people

The line "Everybody hates a tourist" also works.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

PetraCore posted:

Wasn't it super commonly diagnosed in orphans from Eastern European countries post Cold War where bc of the tight resources it was all caregivers could do to try and meet all the infants' physical needs, and thus the infants usually ended up severely psychologically neglected, eg, never being held, talked to, etc? Really sad situation, because it meant a lot of children ended up at serious disadvantages and it's not like their caregivers were really trying to harm them, there was just a lack of resources and understanding of what babies need at minimum.

Ceausescu’s children.

It's really loving tragic and sad.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Evil Willow posted:

Update AITA for exposing my parents' favoritism

Kid is so lucky to have awesome grandparents likes that.

Otherwise, those parents were just going to gently caress that poor kid's life so hard. Not only did they put the money the grandparents were giving them for both children only to the golden child, but they were putting OP's rent towards his brother's college fund, too :argh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for lettingmy child climb on a rock?

I got mad because he wouldn't support me and undermined me in front the children like that.

I told her that the girl was out of line talking to someone that's older then her like that and I hung up.

So, first - the people who are "it doesn't matter if I'm wrong, only that no one can say I'm wrong" can just gently caress right off.

Second, anyone who decides that they can act like poo poo and no one is allowed to call out for it just because they're older can just gently caress right off.

Also, don't let your kids mess about on historical, neolithic monuments you gigantic self-centred piece of poo poo. Why is this something you need to be told?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

pentyne posted:

edit: lol I just remember the famous Lowtax hospital picture was basically a gaslight where he had his mom come in and set everything up so he could take that picture.

Goddamn.

That's just the icing on the loving cake of that whole saga, isn't it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I feel so bad for the kid actually trusting her dad enough to hand him her journal and going, "burn this, pls" and being naive enough to believe he would.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Buy your own sanitiser, keep the receipts, claim it back on tax.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I’d say it’s a terminal case of but family, only she clearly does not give a poo poo about her brother’s well-being.

But you see, it's not fair. Her sister could lose the house she bought*. Her brother has nothing to lose**.

* with stolen money

** because he doesn't have a house because sister stole his inheritance.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's only a felony in the eyes of the law.

Just quoting this, no reason.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Uncle ShortyB posted:

An 8 month old is basically a cat that shits on itself

Hands down the best description of a baby ever.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ad090 posted:

WIBTA: Hired with a fired coworker

Wow, that coworker sounds like a real villain. OP should definitely go out of their way to ruin that person's life.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hallo spacedog posted:

How on earth does he have time to watch multiple streaming services as sahp to two little kids? Absolutely throw him out with the garbage.

Because he does none of the housework.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Piell posted:

AITA for not defending my girlfriend?

because he didn't "want to have a rich kid conversation in front of a poor person"

Yeah, gently caress those lovely people. Girlfriend deserves a better boyfriend than that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Brawnfire posted:

Wow I've never wanted to divorce someone else's spouse before

There's no way this is the first time she's been like this, this is just the first time it's been something he can't just drop and live with

This is what happens when you marry your manic pixie dream girl.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Just gonna pester my angry ex-wife into coming to my office so I can start a domestic dispute from the convenience of work/wtf why'd she yell at me so loud my coworkers could hear :(

Oh it was 100% an attempted domination move.

"Come to my place of power" Only she didn't care, lol.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Azuth0667 posted:

Wow, what and idiot. Ita been 4 years and you're not in phd or professional schooling. What the gently caress?

But what about the life plan he drew up when he was 19 :ohdear:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to give my $70 Nikes to my bf homeless friend?

I'm gonna go ahead and guess OP's boyfriend didn't get his $70 tent back.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

wheatpuppy posted:

For "petroleum engineer" I read "gas station attendant."

So did I. But, really, that makes his whole thing even worse. Once you have a bit of experience working at a servo, you can get another lovely job at one in a heartbeat.

Though it would explain him being depressed. Retail kills the soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Invisible Clergy posted:

Oh, of course this reasonable out isn't at play and her husband is just being a huge piece of poo poo for literally no reason at all. I don't know what I expected. Carry on.

It's just ego.

Surprised he isn't trying to call the kid Pnurtis the Fourth the Second to make really sure it's all about him.