Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm going with

Home.

including the dot, like Aol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

the haircut is a consequence of his teenage boner for cesar augustus, yes.

i mean also current boner

everyone does stupid poo poo like that in middle/high school, but as they encounter the real world, people tell them "lol you aren't seriously going to model your life and haircut after augustus caesar, right" and through socialization they develop into normal people.

zuck never hit that point because he became a billionaire at 22 or whatever and was surrounded by yes-men. he still has a teenage boner for augustus caesar because he's still mentally there. arrested development.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm not 100% up on my roman history but i assume that "through a really hard approach, established 200 years of world peace" means "through brutal military campaigns, suppressed all dissenters" right

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i quit using facebook in 2013 or so because it was making me angry and depressed, and i would joke about this with my friends. "haha yeah no i'm not checking my facebook anymore... it's bad for you, you know? someday people are gonna talk about it like lead paint or cigarettes, like 'wait, you mean you used to let your kids play with that poo poo??'" and we would laugh.

now i think that is not even remotely a joke, and in 10-20 years we will look back on unregulated social media as we do on water jugs lined with radium.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the only way you could possibly make a 3 hours zoom meeting worse is if you had to do it with a vr helmet strapped to your face.

Perplx posted:

they renamed it to meta because its hard to google and talk about

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Armitag3 posted:

Counterpoint: it's set in a magical forest glade, your boss has a sensible, featureless avatar, two of your worst coworkers are using anime schoolgirl avatars, the junior dev is a low resolution meme you're too old to understand, and the senior grognard is a floating square with his initials because he hasn't turned on his camera since day 1 of his onboarding

i think if we're really going to have to do meetings in vr, everyone should get a disintegrator pistol with say 3 shots and if you're vaporized there's a 60 second respawn time during which you can't talk.