Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

Its $5 for 4k version on the microsoft store if you wanna buy it. Idk how the digital version works but its there.

Is it anything like Alien in terms of atmosphere/drama? I watched Alien semi recently and loved everything about it, mostly the practical effects and just the generally eerie atmosphere of space which isn't really a thing anymore.

They have a lot in common, honestly, and I love them both. Well-defined and thoroughly lived in characters, natural relationship dynamics, intense isolation and paranoia, lots of creeping corridors, a hostile environment, a stealthy and intelligent threat, top notch practical effects, and kickass soundtracks. Like Alien it has its explosive moments, but the majority of the film is the characters trying to gain a foothold against anything in the situation. Including each other.

I adore the dolly creeps in the empty hallways set to music imitating a heartbeat. My favorite scene is the conversation between MacReady and Blair with the noose hanging between them. Right up there with the chain room scene in Alien.

I feel like Alien is sliiightly more flawless, but goddamn, do I love them both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wait, has there ever been a good prequel?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

hawowanlawow posted:

it also features one of the greatest movie hats of all time

Also the prettiest beard ever committed to film.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Thing-era Keith David is possibly the hottest being in existence.