Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

"You gotta be fuckin' kidding..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

What do y'all think of Cigarette Burns? I thought it was a pretty good take on The King In Yellow, similar to Mouth of Madness. Also stars a young Norman Reedus lol

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 21, 2021

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Gutcruncher posted:

I just now realized that Among Us movie as a PG13 The Thing knockoff would make infinity zillion bucks and I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet

I haven't seen it but I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qyIZN-43NM

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I remember the commentary telling about how the Norwegian Base scenes near the beginning were shot at the end.

Their ruined base was the same one shown throughout the movie, filmed after all the explosives went off. Why build a second set when you can just blow up the first one?

The scene when MacReady throws the dynamite out right as it explodes actually went off early, and they kept the shot.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 23, 2021

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Last Exit to Nowhere has a bunch of The Thing, and other awesome movie related stuff.

I really want this one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

For everyone who thought that the Thing prequel should have had practical FX:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7g3XSad9wk

A bunch of practical effects were done and never used when the director changed his mind mid-film.

e: \/ not really.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 27, 2021