Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I recently build a new SFF PC which I intended to use as a combination gaming rig (for the living room TV) as well as NAS storage for mine and my partner's HDDs. It's a Ryzen 5600x system coupled with a RTX 3060 running on Windows 10. The PC is permanently connected to our TCL 6 Series TV.

Everything is running fine for the most part- HDR is enabled and calibrated, games are running smoothly, and the HDDs are accessible over the network. But there's one annoying little bug. Every time I interact with a video based app or program (Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime) or a maximize/minimize a browser window in Chrome, my whole display goes black for a couple seconds then comes back.

Any idea what could cause this, folks? My only lead is that I was able to eliminate the blink in Chrome by going to Chrome://flags and switching the 'Choose ANGLE graphics backend' setting to OpenGL. But any further attempts to solve the problem with other apps or programs have failed- and my google-fu is not good enough to find a solution through all of the different types of unrelated problems that are also described as 'black screen flicker'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU