Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Serina Kiliç, the Vampire
Hot 1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 0 | Location: Homeroom | Conditions:

The autumn leaves play across the yard outside as I gaze out through the windows into the cold, cloudy afternoon. My favorite kind of weather, no chance that pesky sun comes out at all. I tilt my head and pull my hair around, exposing my neck, then run an absentminded finger across it and down my jawline. It stops on my chin, which I tap a few times as I think about what the party tonight has in store.

My time here thus far has been... predictable. Each high school has its template - the popular kids, the losers, and those in between. There's certainly no shortage of drama at this school, Mr. Greene's alcohol abuse as a prime example. Of course, a few things have been surprising. The stupid accident last week, and Lola's timely rescue. I shake my head at the thought of what could have happened... had she not been there. She's been hanging around noticeably more ever since. A crush, perhaps? Wouldn't be the first time. Wouldn't even be the hundredth.

Still, she's not the one I'm looking at right now. No, that honor goes to Sam, who has cast his caution to the wind by actually stepping up from his desk and talking to me directly. If you could call it talking. He stumbles again, about to recover when Lola comes crashing into view. I raise my eyebrows in surprise and watch as the horror show continues. Lola is acting genuinely giddy as she blushes through her own questions for me. She bites her lower lip and I can't help but feel something stir deep within me. Nothing good, mind you. Here stand two mortals, desperate for my attention, and I haven't even said a word yet. I let my response rattle around in my brain for a few seconds before responding.

"Oh honey," I say through pouty lips, "Of course I can help you with your costume. I have a few things back at home that you would look absolutely ravishing in."

quote:

Promising to help with her costume.

"Now, there is something you can do for me in return. Can you believe that Sam here, cute as he is, doesn't have a date for the party tonight?" I throw the poor boy a wink. "I was thinking that the two of you would actually make a great pair! What do you think? Should we give him a... chance?" I let the question linger, emphasizing it in all the right places.

quote:

turn on Lola
# 8
Details:[2d6+1 # (1 6)]

quote:

Name: Serina Kiliç
Skin: Vampire
Look: Smoldering, thirsty eyes
Origin: Many ages old

Stats
Hot 1
Cold 2
Volatile -1
Dark -1

Moves

The Feeding
You feed on hot blood, direct from the source. If this is the first time they’ve ever been fed upon, you both mark experience. When you feed, choose two:
* you heal 1 Harm,
* you take 1 Forward,
* they definitely don’t die.

Hypnotic
You can hypnotize people who have no Strings on you. Roll with Hot. On a 10 up, they do exactly what you wish and have no idea that anything is wrong. On a 7-9, the hypnosis works, but choose one:
* they realize exactly what you’ve done to them,
* they gently caress up your commands,
* their sanity is unhinged.

Sex Move
When you deny someone sexually, gain a String on them. When you have sex with someone, lose all Strings on them.

Darkest Self
Everyone is your pawn, your plaything. You hurt them and make them vulnerable, for sport -- like a cat does with a mouse. Maybe you’ll even drain them dry, though you’ll certainly take your time first. You escape your Darkest Self when you’re put in your rightful place, by someone more powerful than you.

Backstory
You’re beautiful. Gain a String on everyone.

Someone once saved your unlife. They gain 2 Strings on you.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I watch in silence as the scene plays out. Sam showing up with a pair of balls at really just the absolute wrong moment. Dude probably practices making out with his pillow at night and turns down a living breathing girl right in front of him. But I guess somebody has to keep the pillow girlfriend industry in business.

Eyes intently on Lola as she shakes off the refusal. Good for her for standing up for herself. And... bye Sam.

Lola is now directly in front of me, smiling as best she can and focusing on tonight, eyes sparkling as she talks about us... being a couple. There's that word again. A chain, a lock. Oh Lola, you did save my life. But there are limits. I demur for now, "We'll see, dear. We'll see..."

I take the moment to scan the room for anything else interesting going on. Cassie brooding in the corner. Luke and Shan bro-ing out. Jake reading a book called... "100 Ways to Kill a Vampire." I still remember the first week I started here, he tried talking me about how he's sure there's a vampire living out in the woods. If only he knew...

I lift my head, "Hey, Jake, come here and answer a question I have. What do vampires like to do for Halloween? You don't suppose there might be some at the party, do you?" I beckon him to come closer enticingly.

quote:

turn on Jake
# 10
Details:[2d6+1 # (3 6)]

String get!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Gulp. Well, that hits a little close to home. I guess I hadn't realized how much of a chatterbox Jake can be. Or how well read he is.

Still, he does bring up some good points about feeding. It has been a while. I tilt my head as he finishes. "A vampire queen that ruled with fear? Sounds a bit like my mother, to be honest," I titter then cough. I've got to change the subject. "Anyways, I was just making small talk about your book. But I do appreciate your words about the costume party. Will you be attending? And... let me guess... Frankenstein?"

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I watch in distanced interest as Jake lectures me on his costume choice, followed by revealing an actually decent costume. For a second I consider trashing it, trashing him, trashing everything Jake.

But then Lola comes in with a wide smile, flirting as she does. Interesting... A play to make me jealous? A move for control? I like this Lola. This could be a golden opportunity. So I do what I always do. It's time to raise the stakes...

I tilt my head and purr, "It does look quite professional. Do you need any final touches? My wardrobe and makeup collection rivals any you'll find in town. Lola and I are getting ready for the party together at my house after class. Perhaps you'd like to join?"

quote:

Spending my String on Jake to tempt him to come over after class along with Lola

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I smile contentedly. This should be loads of fun, playing the two of them off each other until both are mine. "I'll see you later, then," I say with a wink, then return to my desk.