Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh my god, I got hit by a laser beam, and now I have chronic lime, gluten sensitivity, chi imbalance, alkaline blood, and microscopically misaligned vertebrae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
But seriously, I don't know how to handle how loving gullible the entirety of the United States government is at all levels

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Hey everyone, my marriage is falling apart, was this caused by a death ray?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The only problem with that theory is that these symptoms are 1000% classic psychosomatic bullshit, and if powerful EM did anything to you, it'd be burns and cancer first, headaches distant second.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

sleeptalker posted:

The Dancing Plagues were probably ergotism.

The initial "anomalous health incident" in the Havana embassy was probably US agents gassing themselves with insecticides because they couldn't wait for a fumigated building to clear out, they had important imperialism work to do.

It's your slacker attitude that let Fidel Castro die of natural causes.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Hedenius posted:

QAnon makes a thousand times more sense.

It still requires believing a US spy agency(even if its a made up one) would not lie to the American Public for stupid, asinine reasons.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The main thing to watch out for is metrics which produce large volumes of noisy, irrelevant data.

"What does this have to do with the clinical outcomes we're considering?" is a question a lay person can ask.

And eye tracking fits both questions very well as a good bullshit metric.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Oh my god, they're still going.

Holy loving poo poo, COVID is over but this is still real. Ahahaha

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
You don't think it's funnier that Americas broken healthcare system has led it's entire intelligence apparatus is in the thrall is quacks

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Definitely can't be that people in high pressure jobs can have mental breakdowns and that a lot of what they describe can be explained by anxiety disorders, regular effects of aging, and long covid.

I keep saying this, and it's not exactly disagreeing with you per se, but I want to reinforce that it's not necessarily anything at all, even stress.

But the collections of symptoms attached to "Havana" are ones quacks pitch at marks the world over.

You will see the exact same collection of things called chronic lime, gluten sensitivity, toxins, qi imbalance, misaligned vertebrae, and a million other things.

Because everyone has occasional unexplained headaches, nausea, fatigue, or depression.

Sometimes they coincide. And some people get them more often than others. It only takes a little magical thinking to attribute it to something else you noticed in your life.

That annoying sound (crickets). That evil machine what they keep talking about on the news.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah I'm havin a sin dome

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
There's crickets out tonight. America is under attack!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah I'm havin' a syndrome, an outta money syndrome

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
We cannot allow a Havana syndrome gap!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
If they successfully invent it, they will deploy it against the entire civilian populations of sanctioned countries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Lol, there's clearly an internal war between the factions that want to be taken seriously and the factions that think Havana is a good enough tool to start a war with.