Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I think I played a hitman about this once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

StrangersInTheNight posted:

i am willing to bet the folks complaining about CGI vs practical muzzle flashes can only tell the difference in egregious circumstances, and the majority of CGI muzzle flashes don't even register to you or in fact may even look more passable even if it's exaggerated bc movies aren't real life and people have certain expectations of how movie guns look that differ from reality, same as how how guns needs to make large BCHAOOWWW BANG BANG BLOOW noises to be considered 'real' guns in movies even tho we all knows guns IRL just make lil' pop-pop noises at best

real gunshots look and sounder underwhelming, at this point we're full-on in cartoon levels of exaggeration for these things in film and it's expected - hell, not only expected, audiences are upset if you don't push it and guns are portrayed realistically instead of indulging in the power fantasy.

Uhhhhh guns are pretty pretty dang loud buddy. Like it’s not a good idea to even shoot a 22 without ear protection, and I always double up on it if I’m shooting something bigger

I can’t tell if you’ve either never fired a gun, or you shoot so much that you’re just deaf now

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

What’s dumb in movies is how guns make a noise when people draw them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE4-lCTPTtI

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

King Vidiot posted:

True, if they give Tarantino access to CGI gun technology he'll just use it to make a movie about female assassins who fire bullets out of their feet.

That was called planet terror and iirc Tarantino made the other grindhouse movie, not that one