Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Sign me up! I'd like a book or books I probably wouldn't buy otherwise. I read mostly nonfiction and generally read almost exclusively diverse authors otherwise, as a person of queer brown idiot experience, so come hit me with your faves from the contemporary white dude literary canon. I've never read a David Foster Wallace. Jonathan Safran Foer spoke at my college graduation and I couldn't tell you what he said because I was day drunk and could barely stay sitting up. Y'all saw my Cormac McCarthy thread. Give up the goods or else!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

me me me! :)

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Franchescanado posted:

The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon
Cyclonopedia: complicity with anonymous materials by Rena Negatestani
The Chosen and the Beautiful by Nghi Vo

Lot 49 was my first Pynchon, but I don’t actually own a copy anymore. I’ve been wanting to reread it, so this is perfect.

Cyclonipedia I vaguely remember from some threads. It looks fantastic.

I’ve never heard of The Chosen and the Beautiful or Nghi Vo, and I’m excited to go in blind.

Thank you, Santa! Another shout-out to Charis Books & More, Feminist Bookstore, which was all that was on the card. Sounds like an awesome bookstore.

Oh man! I'm glad you have use for another copy :ohno: Cyclonopedia I chose because you said you liked horror, and The Chosen and the Beautiful seemed to hit on that urban fantasy bit combined with your appreciation for capital-"L" lit. I hope you enjoy these - happy holidays!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Chip McFuck, thank you so much for the books, the hat and the beautiful art!

I'm super pumped to dive into these books. The art is going on the wall as soon as I find a suitable spot as well:

How is one person so talented!!! I'm taken aback!!!

Bonus with the hat:

You went beautifully above and beyond and I appreciate it so much. The package put a huge smile on my face and I'm excited to devour these books by Unusual Crackers.

Finally, the mystery Santa gifted me this:

I'm SO CURIOUS about this book and DOUBLY CURIOUS about the note. TBB!!! The subforum that keeps on giving!!!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Me, a dumbass, not posting my piece of Exodia when I was still home :downs:

Whomst among us will crack the code!!!