Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Famethrowa posted:

hello I am also joining.

I would like the weirdest, strangest, book you've ever read. something you've read and felt uneasy about afterwards and possibly wanted to take a shower. I like works of fine literature but also love pulpy horror and scifi, so you probably can't miss by too wide a mark.

Me too and same!

To give you an idea of things I would like to read here is my Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/61729436-billy-rubin (anything that says "waiting on shelf" I already own) but I love surprises, the weirder the better.

I'd also love a Moomin book in Swedish if you have easy access but whatev

(PS read Blinding)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Jeremiah Flintwick posted:

Send me something snooty and pretentious that I'll look super cultured and interesting reading in public. :agesilaus:

*50 Shades of Grey later*

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Oh my poor Santee, prepare yourself. Shipping tomorrow!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gifts are in the hands of UPS!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

derp posted:

my christmas cheer has arrived!!

thank you Bili for the cavalcade of canadian classics! I've been wanting to read some Alice Munro for a while, yes! And thanks for the nice note, too :) :)

Eat the eggs :)

Hope you enjoy. Fifth Business, the first of the Deptford Trilogy, is one of my favourites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

What just arrived wrapped in the front page of the January 3 and 4, 1990 Winnipeg Free Press?

Many thanks Health Services! Strange Hotel was one I was very interested in, and for some reason I have never read Steppenwolf--you did a deep dive into past posts and I really appreciate the results. Also many thanks for the kind note. Makes me realize how much I miss my weekly typewritten letters from my grandfather.