Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

HannibalBarca posted:

Georgia is off this weekend so I will be rooting for Wake Forest. Go Demon Deacons, woo.

Very :ohdear: that this is going to be one of those games for them. Wouldn't mind being wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Fifty Three posted:

Go a Pittsburgh

Cheering hard for either an 8-6 or if we all dream and Pitt hard enough a 5-3 win for Pitt.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pobrecito posted:

lmao kansas' entire clock and board setup is without power

This strikes me as an innovative strategy that Kansas football should break out more often.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I talk all that poo poo (all that poo poo is about one and a half posts but still) on Kansas in the aftermath thread and they're gonna gently caress around and cover aren't they?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

They’re gonna win

Wouldn't start worrying about this until the 4th quarter, we've all been around the block with upsets around here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wake/Army is so fun.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Football geek observation, I don't think the refs screwed that up, I think Wake kept every ineligible receiver behind the line?

Was looking for that because of their hours long mesh thing they do on RPOs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

wake defender killed that poor man

Don't have the sound up on that one, they looking at targeting there?

e: yeah just saw the ref do the thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Clemson/Pitt is going to be the most unwatchable thing ever put on television.

And I'm watching it (for now).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Two point conversions between Franklin and Bert has a good chance to be a bunch of trick plays so that could be...fun? Maybe? Kinda?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
96 for Illinois standing stationary and looking the wrong way and still makes the tackle, that play...did not have much of a chance for PSU.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Can a safety still be scored on these?

Ooooooooh a one point safety to end the game needs to happen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Really let down by Bert here, I know he has like 800 trick plays for these situations. It's the only fun thing about him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Everyone's going to be gassed just from walking 100 yards over and over again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This game will only be spoken of in hushed terms as a warning to future generations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Poco posted:

i was on a flight watching kansas throw it away to Oklahoma. Illinois-PSU sounded fun lmao

For a given definition of fun and depending on exactly how much masochism you enjoy, yes it was amazing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That's one of the more solid doinks I've seen on that Pitt extra point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
On the other end of the spectrum that Wake Army game had 1200 yards of total offense?

And a really funny Time of Possession stat.

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/1452007817435652097

e: got cropped out of the shot, 70 points on 17:17 ToP.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 23, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The gently caress are you doing Clemson guy?

I guess enjoy your ejection.

e: He might miss the targeting ejection, but eject him anyway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If Clemson had Sam Hartman they WALK to a Natty.

They remind me of some of those later Les Miles LSU teams where the defense is really good. They are a little different in that they seem to be trying to run an offense that has a chance of working they're just very bad at it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
KU/OU QB strip/handoff/whatever explanation:

quote:

“The reviewable aspects of the play were position of the ball in relation to the line of scrimmage and if possession was ever lost by the offense,” Burks said. “The ball never crossed the line of scrimmage and there was never a loss of possession, not a fumble, so this play was a forward hand-off behind the line of scrimmage.

“That action is allowed under Rule 7-6-a which states: ‘A Team A back may hand the ball forward to another back only if both are behind their scrimmage line and the player handing the ball forward has not had their entire body beyond the neutral zone.’”

I honestly didn't know you couldn't hand the ball off ahead of you if you were past the line of scrimmage is my only thought. If that wasn't called forward progress and you can't say for certain it was a fumble I didn't really see anything wrong with it?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh my loving god Clemson.

How are you going to get a goddamned shovel pass intercepted?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That should theoretically be one of the safest plays in the playbook since if it isn't there you just toss it to the ground somewhere in front of you and a receiver is in the area.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Clemson's backup should probably be checked out for a concussion, that didn't look good.

RumbleFish posted:

lol that Clemson's quarterback got mega paid and is mega trash

I'm a little sad the player doesn't seem to be working out. I mean screw Clemson, I'm glad about that part, but a 250 lb QB who can run and throw the ball a mile is a fun player in theory.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Help I'm in danger of believing in Pitt.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Help I'm in danger of believing in Pitt.

The last two plays have helped, thank you. Even if they got screwed on one of them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Feel like this Pitt RB shoulda been in earlier.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Iowa State Oklahoma State is the game to watch I guess?

BYU Wazzu is a one score game I see on FSN. North Texas is leading Liberty early in the second half if you want to break out ESPN+.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Looked like the original spot was short but he moved it up and it's really close.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Iowa State was a seven point favorite against an undefeated P5 team in this game, that has to be rare.

On the bright side for OSU great teams cover.

I think he might have been on top of that offensive lineman and actually made the first down but it's really hard to see for sure from any of these angles.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew I do not want to watch any of these evening games unless they're unexpectedly close. SDSU Air Force maybe? Nevada Fresno State?

General Dog posted:

I think Bama-Tennessee might be good

I don't.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh crap that UCLA drop.

And then 4th down conversion!

e: maybe. Nope he's got that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Really don't like the defensive time out from Oregon here.

Make the backup QB scramble for a 4th down play call.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well worked out in the end in that they won I guess, although that was still a really dumb idea imo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh my god Air Force with a horrible drop on a perfectly thrown deep ball. I haven't watched them but I'm pretty sure 'perfectly thrown deep ball' isn't something you say about Air Force very often.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, UT should have put a returner back there.

Don't blame them for not doing so, you don't think a 53 yard kick is going to bounce 7 yards deep in the end zone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:wtc: was that Bama?

You know you can't just hit that guy right? Oh he got hit from behind into him by his own guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LLCoolJD posted:

If we have to compete with Saban for a DC this off-season I'm gonna be pissed.

I mean, you should be happy if you're competing with anyone for a DC this offseason just in case because I still don't trust Mullen to pull the trigger.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Fluffdaddy posted:

They will be hosed by Pitt in their championship game

Feel like an actually good Pitt team loving someone over is something we haven't seen in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Don't think SDSU guy re-established himself in bounds on that fumble recovery. Guess they're not going to look at it.