Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's on funimation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Well, Daida sure turned into Joffrey extreeeemely rapidly. Didn't expect that stuff with Hiling though...

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I think thus far caring about that has been shown to be one of Daida's many, many flaws.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

I mean. Bojji cares about it, too. I think we’re just supposed to accept it as the framework of this world.

Does he? I figured he just cares about achieving his mom's dream for him to be the greatest king he can be.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

DOMAAASSSS

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I don't know why people are taking the "Bebin sent Kage off on a mission" thing at face value, that entire statement practically has *this is a lie* written all over it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Bojji and Kage are so wholesome.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I can't decide if Despa is sketch, or if he genuinely is trying to do right by Bojji

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I don't think Bosse intended for that to happen. I mean when Bosse died he picked Bojji to be king. Maybe the Mirror is one of those very-literal-wishgranting types of deals.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Bosse absolutely intended to sacrifice one of his sons to be the vessel to resseruct himself as king. I think Bosse Intended for Bojji to be king because he knew his actual potential, the core is that Bosse must have sold his soul or something to give himself the ability to resurrect himself from the dead (hence the devil) but the accident was that he ended up in the other sons body

Bosse gave no indication that he was aware of what the Mirror was doing, and his actions (like appointing Domas to train Bojji) don't really make sense if he did. If Bojji was intended to be the new vessel, then it's strange that the Mirror was mentoring Daida instead.

My theory right now is that the Mirror is someone/something Bosse made a deal with to defeat the monster horde at the start, and sort of forgot about after the kingdom became at peace. Except the Mirror didn't forget.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 26, 2021

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I kinda feel that at the end of the day, even Miranjo wouldn't be entirely malicious. Like maybe she's just trapped in the mirror until she completely fulfills the letter of a contract she made with Bosse or something.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I can't believe they had us feel sorry for the murderbeasts before Dorshe killed them

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

a good person who is 100% willing to stab a child!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

drat this show is so good.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Seems like there will be a lot of crying from me

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

drat, this new OP is amazingly pretty.

Really makes me think Despa is gonna bite it...

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Omnicrom posted:

I gotta wonder if Ouken was formerlly ranked as the number one king and that's why he is like we see in the episode.

My theory right now is that Ouken is a former student of Despa's. Specifically, the exact student we heard about when Kage introduced Despa as "he turned an ordinary guy into one of the strongest ever". Hence why namedropping Ouken was enough to get Despa to come along.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

To be fair Boji is running around town being naked and getting laughed at by everyone

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I think multi-way action sequences where different stuff is happening simultaneously is just inherently problematic in anime. FSN:UBW had the some issue, I'm hoping things calm down after this bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

makes sense to me, basically every jrpg hero's origin story right