Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jerkface posted:

I have an effort post coming up just to compare some stuff from the webcomic because it's ridiculous what WIT studio have done.

Excellent, looking forwards to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

AlternateNu posted:

I mean. Bojji cares about it, too. I think we’re just supposed to accept it as the framework of this world.

Jerkface posted:

Daida is shooting for the ranking, Bojji is shooting to be the "greatest king" or whatever which may as well be the ranking, but wasn't explicitly about it.

Yeah Daida clearly sees "greatness" as a role or a title which has to be taken by force (by permanently eliminating people who don't immediately acknowledge your worthiness, for a start) but Bojji seems to see it as an inherit personal quality that you grow into. Daida's plan for dealing with the "disloyal" retainers shows that his idea of greatness is vastly different from Bojji's

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah I'm guessing that Domas pretty much accidentally set Bojji on a Hero's Journey speedrun by booting him directly into the underworld

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I feel that dumping the king strengthener potion on the ground next to a room full of the frozen bodies of the worst monsters to ever threaten the kingdom is possibly a very bad move

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

AlternateNu posted:

Re: your last part, the Japanese line implies that this isn't the first time this has occurred. Not that he got the wrong body. Which opens up a whole other slew of questions. I'm taking this as something Bosse has done in the past (probably as a part of a deal with Miranjo) but realized how hosed up it is, and decided to allow the normal system of succession to happen counter to her plans.

I'm guessing that the 'sacrifice' was he gained something (great strength?) and the tradeoff was that his firstborn son would be cursed with zero strength

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Bojji deciding that he's going to keep faith in the Queen and go back home was such a great moment. That's his real super power.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Elfface posted:

And so we finally find out Miranjo's motivation... She wants Bosse to spend less time with his family and hang out with her again. Well, he can't spend time with his family if THEY'RE ALL DEAD!

Also he won't be tempted to hang around and start a new family if the entire kingdom just happens to burn down to the ground somehow

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
We still haven't found out what the deal is with Miranjo's devil BFF and it's clearly a major player in everything that happened so there's a huge piece of the puzzle still missing

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Gott dang :suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Dang that was a great series, really gonna miss it.

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

See you all in five years