Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

this is good but i still can't really tell what the big picture is going to be since the first 3 eps were all setup and backstory. not a fan of how it instantly spent most of an episode on the kage backstory before establishing a direction for the main story, but its not a big deal. i guess the next episode will make it clearer whether its doing something i like now that its entered adventure mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah the first half's balance between bojji's adventures and the machinations going on back home was really good but it's losing me with this turn into seemingly 'everyone (plus random new guys) comes in for a big battle royale'

open conflict is almost always both harder to pull off and less compelling than intrigue + 1v1 fights

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's not really A and B team, there's just a rotation of animators/episode directors and the fancy episodes happen whenever the best/most ambitious ones come around. usually the series director will try to manage it such that this happens on an episode worthy of it story-wise.

there's also going to be some 2-cour fatigue though, even the strongest studios can no longer put together 24 consecutive episodes without some of them being rushed or fully outsourced. hence why there's so many split cour shows these days.