Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Endorph posted:

no again he misses a ton of the best stuff in tokimeki. like the main girl's best friend's stats are all literally right below the stat requirements for the main girl, so she exists solely to gently caress you over if your stats are even a single point below the thresholds for the main girl. thats incredibly funny.

video was still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Tim Rogers is cool and good. It's hilarious how mad people get about him.

My opinion is almost certainly influenced by the time I met him when I was in high school and he gave me some cool Japanese punk rock CDs. I was friends with his little brother.

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN
okay hold up. "first episode of the review"?

quote:

Having to produce videos acts as something of an editor on him (lol this didn’t pan out in the long term!)
evidently not!

the "special structure" bit has me intrigued though, so mission accomplished

Blankspace
Dec 13, 2006

take boat posted:

only the first part is going to be broadcast on twitch, the full thing is going up on YT afterwards

alternatively, he had to rush the review and release it unfinished for the shareholders, and the other episodes will hopefully be released later as DLC

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yes, first episode. He’s shifting to an “episodes as a service” model. Future episodes will require paying for the subscription.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

take boat posted:

https://twitter.com/108/status/1451294582772310022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I won't pay to watch this thing until he's got the special features available tbh

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

mea culpa, I 100% approve of using youtube's technical failings as a framing device

in my defense though, pioneering the episodic review would be very on-brand for him

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Comrade Fakename posted:

Tim Rogers was never making GBS threads on Japanese games - he literally lived in Japan and worked in the games industry there for years. Perhaps people are thinking of Phil Fish, who had a similar personal style and hipster sensibility?

In my post where I said "it was during that era" I was talking specifically about an old text article he did where he went on a dumb rant about how game companies in Japan "don't have any level designers", which if thinking about for 2 seconds or doing 2 seconds of research at the company he literally was working at at the time, he could have just realized that the job titles are just called something else.
Less making GBS threads on Japan and more just long ramblings based on misunderstandings that a small bit of research or thought would show not to be true.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I like Tim Rogers videos and I am going watch his whole Cyberpunk video in one sitting.

Maybe with popcorn and a drink.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think tim was immature, and tim would probably admit tim was immature. At this point he's come all the way around on japanese games and rightly understands why they're superior

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Tim Rogers knows how to waffle between being just genuinely a loving weird internet poisoned nerd with baffling hang ups and opinions and modes of speech and the performance of that same thing in a way that makes him tantamount to a wrestler or drag queen. Very rare quality in a het videogame man, kinda hot tbh. i will watch the video and i don't even care about the game its about like at all

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Tim Rogers is an eccentric, and that's cool. Just an absolute weirdo who talks like a 19th-century novel where the author was getting paid by the word.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
A lot of people have opinions and also assholes. You could replace one for either because they both would still stink and have poo poo in them.

And that is a lot like this thread and your opinion and also Tim's opinion and my opinion as well../

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I pay for Tim's patreon, ask me anything.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Asteroid Alert posted:

I pay for Tim's patreon, ask me anything.

What did you get for it?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Discord status

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This was in another thread but it’s p. funny

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Tim Rogers lives rent free in his rich girlfriend's apartment she inherited from her relatives, and from his own posts sounds like he is just an amazingly lovely boyfriend.

1) She asked to watch a movie with him a few months ago and he has not done it yet because he's been busy. This particular movie is like 90 minutes long and she's been asking since April
2) Instead of putting away laundry he just throws his clothes over a non functioning tv, because he has no furniture, which he claims is because the apartment is really strict about packages... FRIENDO

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Asteroid Alert posted:

Discord status

Prove it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

take boat posted:

The Tokimeki review was divided into episodes so I'm guessing he's going to do a live premiere of the first part of the Cyberpunk review on Twitch but not all, like, however many hours of it.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Tim Rogers once held an opponent’s wife’s hand in jar of acid - at a party.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

This was in another thread but it’s p. funny

dudes rock

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Can't believe it's only 1 hour to tim time

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
well guys, youtube ate the videos. lmao! so i'm gonna do the review live.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

well guys, youtube ate the videos. lmao! so i'm gonna do the review live.

Na the videos are there but youtube locked his account and now he can't reset the password. Waiting on youtube support to get back to him.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
the videos were demonetized by some copyright claim

no, you can't see the claim. and he doesn't know who made the claim.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The video is up but its somehow dubbed in spanish and the subtitles are russian only.

Also they don't match up.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

lmao

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
wtf why hasnt it started yet i need to know if cyberpunk is good or not

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
gottem again

literally nothing is gonna happen. this is kind of fascinating now. and also, like, insane lmao

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
tim rogers is the andy kaufman of our era

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
lol @ missing a self-assigned premiere time on a synchronous platform

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
someone’s posting his twitch chat comments in the discord and it’s like ‘ok I need to restart my computer, ok I will be able to restart my computer in a second but I had to move some files first’ lmao

I’m very stoned and so fascinated no matter what happens

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
is this review like twenty hours long or what

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

And we're live, Jerry.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
he’s started talking

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
would own if he forgot to change the video feed and it stayed on this stand by graphic the whole time

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
lmao that pc tower

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Tim is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
What is happening is this a fake out I am at the edge of my seat here!!