Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

I'm working on Windows 10. I got a new laptop, Acer 15 Nitro.

I partitioned my C: drive, and created a D: drive for media. I have 1TB storage total. I made the C: system drive have 250gig and the D: drive got the other 750.

I want to take another 100 gigs of space from the C: drive, and extend it into (give it to) the D: drive partition. So I selected the C: drive, shrinked the volume the 100gigs I needed, and created the 100gigs of unallocated space.

My problem is this - I can't extend that unallocated space into or give it to the D: drive for some reason. The option to "Extend Volume" on my D: drive is greyed out, I can't choose it off the D: drive's menu.
It will let me shrink or Delete my D: drive partition, but of course I don't want to do that. I just want to give that extra 100gig of unallocated space to my D: partition.

How can I add that unallocated space to my D: drive if the Extend volume option is greyed out? How can I fix this so I can use that extra space from the C: partition I free'd up?

Thanks so much for any help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

Give the free version a shot: https://www.partitionwizard.com/