Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Welcome to Squid Game Mafia a game for 13 people.

You are so overburdened by debt you are willing to risk life and limb for a chance at a new start in life. What you need the money for is irrelevant, what is relevant is what you are going to do to ensure you survive to the end.

Here are the rules for my mafia game.

I. be cool to one another. please respect basic human decency.
II. No post edits
III. Don't dead post.
IV. Don't quote direct communication from any OOT source.
V. No faking day actions. HOWEVER. if someone posts a day action, you are allowed to continue posting.
VI. Flavor arguments are not my fault. If flavor leads you astray, I'm sorry.
VII. Please honor your signup and do your best to post. You will get a lurker prod, then if you fail to meet minimum acceptable levels, I will attempt to find a replacement, if one is not available, I will mod kill you.
VIII. Any kind of role comparison shenanigans are frowned upon and probably a bad idea.
IX. The thread will never close. There are no restrictions on what can be posted during the night in thread.

These rules are a covenant of the spirit, not the letter, and may be enforced discretionarily depending on circumstances.

Discord is required to play, please join here.

1. b-minus1
  2. Bifauxnen (surprise me)
  3. CirclMastr
  4. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  5. Ignatius M. Meen
  6. Maerlyn (she/her)
  7. merk (he/him)
  8. ObamaAkbar. (He/him)
  9. Pinterest Mom
  10. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  11. t a s t e
  12. Tom Tucker
  13. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)

The TOWN-aligned win condition is:
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The SCUM-aligned win condition is:
You win when you have unassailable control of the vote.

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Yup

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Sure

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I知 in but only on episode 5!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

merk posted:

I’m in but only on episode 5!

Grandi said there won't not be spoilers so better finish it! I'm on ep 7 myself.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

When is this starting? If it is next weekend I値l play, but have an exam this Thursday. If not and you need a comod let me know.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yut!!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I thought I would take it easy and spectate this time, joined the Discord, somehow joined the Discord twice so I am online and offline at the same time, and have no idea how to fix that. So I did the online equivalent of accidentally kicking a bunch of cans while trying to walk silently.

Anyway, since I am here, join me up.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

When is this starting? If it is next weekend I値l play, but have an exam this Thursday. If not and you need a comod let me know.

Good luck!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

We'll see how long it takes to fill up, but if it's normal recruitment speed, there will be a spot for you, if not, I'll co-mod you up.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Make Voodoo and I masons tia

We池e already practically Gi-yun and the old man.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I shall play in the Squid Game on the provision that someone in a public subway slaps the poo poo out of me

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Observing this one for sure!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Watched show. Def one to observe from the comfortable seats. One MILLION on Tom Tucker HA HA HA!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm yes sure

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sign me up

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yeah at this point just throw me in as a player, worst case I don't post much until Friday.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Where we at on numbers boss? Because I can't count.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

👀

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
👀

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

🍆

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
🍋

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

These are the shapes that you will have to cut out of honeycomb candy if you aren't careful.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

🎈

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Grandicap posted:

These are the shapes that you will have to cut out of honeycomb candy if you aren't careful.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lmfao

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
lol

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'll provide the lighter :devil:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lol

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

If there's still room I am in by peer pressure.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'd like to be an observer.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

XD (i'm not joining)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I'm sorry, I actually need to move myself to Observers here.

Didn't really want to, less when we are just missing one to launch, because I know filling games is a pain. But last game left me a bit mentally tired and I find I am struggling to actually follow the one I am currently in and just started, so I don't think I can do two at the same time right now.

I actually looked up to a Grandi game after scumming with him last time, but this one is not to be.

If this one hasn't filled in by the start of next week, I'll jump in again so it can actually move.

Sorry.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Shellception posted:

I'm sorry, I actually need to move myself to Observers here.

Didn't really want to, less when we are just missing one to launch, because I know filling games is a pain. But last game left me a bit mentally tired and I find I am struggling to actually follow the one I am currently in and just started, so I don't think I can do two at the same time right now.

I actually looked up to a Grandi game after scumming with him last time, but this one is not to be.

If this one hasn't filled in by the start of next week, I'll jump in again so it can actually move.

Sorry.

I understand Shell. We'll miss murdering you and/or calling you an idiot in here though.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I will play

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shell come back :cry:

(I totally get it, I think after this and somber's game I might take a breather).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
YOU'LL ALL BE BACK

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

Shell come back :cry:

(I totally get it, I think after this and somber's game I might take a breather).

I will be eating popcorn and watching you all murder Sand N1 :munch:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

YOU'LL ALL BE BACK

Lmao

Yeah, let's just all go home and not play this game hey?