Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

downout posted:

What's unsportsmanlike in that? Brushing his shirt after a TD?

I think it was the half of a stutter step or whatever right before he got in. Called the TD back because of it. Absolutely stupid and glad ISU won, otherwise they’d have another letter to hang on the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That was a terrible penalty but that’s also one of the slowest TDs I’ve ever seen

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm increasingly convinced that the only reason that Penn State has had a season better than 7-5 in the last ten years is because Saquon Barkley and Trace McSorley decided they liked State College.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think it was the half of a stutter step or whatever right before he got in. Called the TD back because of it. Absolutely stupid and glad ISU won, otherwise they’d have another letter to hang on the wall.

They CALLED IT BACK!?!?

I thought it was a penalty on PAT?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

DC Murderverse posted:

My dad passed away this evening. My love for college football is mostly from going to Iowa games with him as a kid, and I’m very glad that he stuck around just long enough to watch Penn State eat poo poo. gently caress a Nittany Lion forever and ever amen.

edit: the last game we went to together before he wasn’t able to go to games anymore was Iowa putting up 55 on Ohio State, easily the funniest game we ever saw in person

Aw man, that's a sad day. Sorry to hear it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

They CALLED IT BACK!?!?

Think they called the half high step as the penalty, and if the 'taunting' happens in the field of play before the TD they erase the TD? I believe that's the way that godawful rule works.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Think they called the half high step as the penalty, and if the 'taunting' happens in the field of play before the TD they erase the TD? I believe that's the way that godawful rule works.

I remember the Brad Wing penalty but it’s been long enough that I can’t remember if it nullified points.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

I think it was the half of a stutter step or whatever right before he got in.

First it's a stutter step. Next it's a hilarious pantomime in the endzone. Can't have that. :colbert:

Imagine if coaches were held to the same standard. No theatrics on the sidelines. No Gatorade baths.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
How unsportsmanlike of you to completely burn past your defender and almost walk into the end zone with a half a high step becasue you are happy. Gotta keep these boys in line.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

They CALLED IT BACK!?!?

Yup. No TD. Clones got the ball at the 16 I think. Still scored a TD later, thankfully.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

FSU-Clemson next week is gonna be dire.

My Cocktail Party prediction is that Florida will cover, because Mullen does show up for big games. I'll be interested to see if JT Daniels starts. It seems like Kirby is more than happy to let Bennett play because Daniels is made of glass, and Bennett has been a steady hand. But Florida at their peak is one of the teams that can make Georgia sweat, and require the extra ceiling that Daniels gives Georgia.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Is Clemson suffering because Trevor Lawrence was so good that any good QB didn’t want to come there? Man they fell off hard this year.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is Clemson suffering because Trevor Lawrence was so good that any good QB didn’t want to come there? Man they fell off hard this year.

https://twitter.com/cbssports/status/1452054678196264968?s=21

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DJ Uiagalelei (nailed it! Certainly didn't look it up and copy/paste) was supposed to be awesome. That backup they put in yesterday is supposed to be real good too.

DJ not panning out and their line being pretty awful seem to be the main problems to me? Receivers have dropped balls now and then too when I've watched but that doesn't seem to be the main issue. I've only watched them a couple of times though against really good teams.

God I just called Pitt a really good team.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

they’ve also had a few OCs leave and the guy left is doing it solo for the first time. Dabos been incredibly lucky with offensive talent and coaching for a good stretch

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

hat game is going to be loving lit this year, i'm going to make a separate Hat Game GDT

I'm planning on going , it'll be the first time in that stadium since I left at halftime when Penn state was winning 56-3

Does anyone have a compilation of first half illini highlights because I saw none of it and want to see nonstop stretch/counter working like a charm, lineman's dream

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 24, 2021

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
can't wait until Cincinnati is left out of the playoff because they only beat Navy by 7. that's all the excuse they needed

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

My Cocktail Party prediction is that Florida will cover, because Mullen does show up for big games.

Normally I would agree, but this Georgia team seems preordained to win a natty. 40 years of hunger is a powerful asset if you're not Michigan or Notre Dame.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

they’ve also had a few OCs leave and the guy left is doing it solo for the first time. Dabos been incredibly lucky with offensive talent and coaching for a good stretch

Maybe Tony Elliott isn't the guy. I guess we'll have a clearer picture of his OC abilities next year.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

yesterday was a lot more entertaining than that schedule had any right to be. wish kansas pulled it off.

Oklahoma has managed to look like poo poo in basically every game this season but are still undefeated somehow. I doubt they make it through those last 3 games and the CCG.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

yesterday was a lot more entertaining than that schedule had any right to be. wish kansas pulled it off.

Oklahoma has managed to look like poo poo in basically every game this season but are still undefeated somehow. I doubt they make it through those last 3 games and the CCG.

I’m hoping for max chaos. ISU and OSU beat OU, ISU and OSU lose to Texas, OU beats Baylor. I think that would put 4 teams at 7-2 assuming everyone wins all the other games. ISU probably gets left out in this scenario though so maybe not.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

SCar bad and all, but A&M holding a team to 15 net yards of offense through 3 quarters was neat

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Tennessee was leading Alabama at the end of the first quarter.

Naturally everything fell apart after that, but gently caress it, I'll take it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
When was the last time Michigan and Michigan State were both undefeated going into their game? Feels like it's been a long time, I certainly can't remember it happening before.Nevermind, this apparently happened in 2010.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

C-Euro posted:

When was the last time Michigan and Michigan State were both undefeated going into their game? Feels like it's been a long time, I certainly can't remember it happening before.Nevermind, this apparently happened in 2010.

First time at 7-0. In 2010 we were both 5-0. Also first time that we're both undefeated and both Top 10 teams

Go Green

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

C-Euro posted:

OTOH it looks like that was game 6, and this will be game 8.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Sometimes college football is the best most exciting sport in the world.

And sometimes your lovely incompetent fraud of a team loses to Illinois in the 9th overtime.

WELP

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/jloose128/status/1452315317439549441

MAP.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Put the Road Runners in the playoffs.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Democratic Pirate posted:

SCar bad and all, but A&M holding a team to 15 net yards of offense through 3 quarters was neat

We literally don't have an offense, but I would have enjoyed my team doing that too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I have nothing against you but I'm increasingly needing SDSU and OU to lose just to see what this looks like.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Very sad that Pitt is way better than wvu, give me that loving backyard brawl back god damnit. Eat poo poo pitt!

Also very jealous they figured it out and went back to their mustard blue and script pitt attire. I like my uniforms very boring mono colors damnit. I like when wvu uses the old state outline helmets from time to time, but thank god we haven't strayed from the flying WV to some gross trash. Keep it simple. Hate the coal themed uniforms though, and big dislike for all gold and all white uniforms.

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 24, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

G-Hawk posted:

The best of their schedule lies ahead, but they do get a nicely timed bye week to prep for it:

I still think they're a 2-loss team. They got that gauntlet at the end of the season and then they're highly likely gonna have to play one of those 3 teams a second time in the title game.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1452335136507318274

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bullshit Wake is top 10

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Tony Elliott, the current OC, took the position in 2014 (bowl game at end of year) after Chad Morris left. He was Co-ordinator with Jeff Scott who is now in his second year at South Florida, but Tony was always the play caller. Tony called Clemson's two National Championships.

Clemson's problems are multiple. DJ has not been the difference maker Watson and Tlaw were to date. To early to write him off, but people forget (and Clemson fans got spoiled) have two generational QBs back to back with a brief KellyB interlude. For Clemson's two NCs they remained remarkably healthy, and this year the injury bug has hit. There is still plenty of talent but depth is not what is has been and they are pretty young. Maybe it's youth, maybe these players just aren't as good as what has preceded them. Hard to tell at this point.

Clemson the last few years has been out talenting opponents, not out smarting them. They have been unable to do the former this year and it appears the coaches aren't doing the latter either. So the criticism is starting to mount.

The other thing that has happened is pretty normal. Football changes over time. I personally think this is happening now with NIL. Dabo & Co haven't yet adjusted/absorbed this change. There are some affects here that will have more to do going forward than what is happening this season. But when you're preseason top 5 and sit 4-3 you'll catch any criticism people can think of. Dabo's stance on the portal and NIL is much more nuisanced than the 'Dabo can get hosed' crowd clinging to a five year old sound bite would like to think. But the program as built has some structural issues that may not work in this new world.

My believe is that this is still a solid program having a bad year. Keeping the players engaged the rest of this year will be a challenge. This staff has their work cut out for them the rest of the way.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake being below loving KENTUCKY justifies literally all my SEC hatred over the years

gently caress the SEC and the media circle jerk that has always existed around it.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

PostNouveau posted:

The best of their schedule lies ahead, but they do get a nicely timed bye week to prep for it:

I still think they're a 2-loss team. They got that gauntlet at the end of the season and then they're highly likely gonna have to play one of those 3 teams a second time in the title game.

They're just trying to lure everyone into a false sense of confidence by playing like poo poo every week.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

TheGreyGhost posted:

Low key, is his seat hot if it’s 8-4 this year?

No because that means he put the wheels back on enough to beat Michigan or Michigan State, Maryland, and Rutgers, and there's no reason to believe Penn State will beat any of these teams.

He has a great class coming in with the best QB and one of the best RBs. There are going to be growing pains next year with a true freshman starting QB. So I think if he ends 6-6 or 5-7 and keeps the class together, he'll end up with another two or three year leash to develop the new class. If players start decommitting, then you gotta fire him and move on Fickell.

I just do not understand why they didn't give Roberson two weeks of first team reps to get through the Illinois game. Clifford is broken

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wake being below loving KENTUCKY justifies literally all my SEC hatred over the years

gently caress the SEC and the media circle jerk that has always existed around it.

join the sec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Wake hasn't beat anyone and was lucky to get past Syracuse and Louisville. Their ranking is fine. If they actually win out the playoff debate is gonna be hilarious this year