Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I always though the Black Hole troops were robots, not aliens. Which would explain the whole "humans on top" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, that's really good. Never managed to win this mission in any other way than sneaking a bomber in.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Supreme Commander is, in my book, the only strategy to really successfully do naval combat and integrate it well alongside land and air.
Red Alert 3 managed this to an extent, although obviously nowhere near as well as SupCom.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That was really cool (also, AWBW is still going, wow), wouldn't mind seeing more multiplayer videos like that.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
So are units like Bombers just too expensive for competitive play? The only really costly unit in that match seemed to be the ill-advised Missile.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
What was that about people who build stealth fighters? I've got no MP experience but they always felt way too expensive.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Wow. I remember this mission being quite a slog, what a way to get rid of that.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That was really cool. Quite surprising of your opponent not to go after the top tower at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to it!