Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Melth posted:

I don't know a thing about Ghost in the Shell since I'm not much of an anime guy. Is it likely that the design of the neotank or other things in this game were inspired by it?

Here's the next video by the way. At long last we can deploy troops, and face off against the first of the black hole special weapons that we'll see a lot of this game:
6: Andy's Time

Phew, that was a close one. Flak almost got to attack once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Cythereal posted:

It baffles me that Sturm is even allowed in ladder matches.

I think in AW2 he had +20% offense rather than -20%, so they kind of did some balancing.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

anilEhilated posted:

What was that about people who build stealth fighters? I've got no MP experience but they always felt way too expensive.

Sounds like they're OP and usually banned. Which raises the question of why they weren't banned here.

Very interesting map design, with a lot of movement options for both land and water. Seems like your opponent had your same views on sea units, kind of seems like they should be buffed but I guess AWBW is trying to replicate the games and not fix their balance mistakes.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Melth posted:

22: Nature Walk

On this mission as well as the next two Blue Moon chapters, I believe I've discovered the fastest possible strategies to win. That feels more impressive on the other two than this one though.

I wonder if this mission would be more interesting if they just started Lash with a unit on your HQ. No silly anti-air AI, no moving a single tank and ignoring every other unit - you'd still want to sneak and skip the black cannons for a good time score, but you'd actually need to get a significant force through, probably an indirect or two, a CO power, and something to take the HQ.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

The Grit laziness was funny, as was the poor factory just chock full of powerful units who had to politely wait for the APC idling in the fast lane.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Gotta love those B Copters pushing forward with no plan. "We've got the cruiser surrounded on a port, what now?" "Now we throw bodies at it until it hits its preset kill limit!"

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Melth posted:

30: Drake's Dilemma

I'm pretty proud of this strategy! If you've ever played the mission yourself, I'm sure you can understand why.

Those poor, poor cruisers. Why do they give them to you on a mission with no enemy subs or air units and alongside subs, which are much better at scouting for ranged? Power meter is truly their main goal in life, with a backup of turning into money for real units like a Neotank that attacks once.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Well, you made that mission look silly.

Sturm of course planned to lose the mission because it makes him seem less incompetent, but he probably didn't plan on losing it quite like this. "The enemy has destroyed the black cannons, there must have been a very dramatic fight where they destroyed my entire army". "No sir, actually they ignored everything you had except for these 3 tanks that they blew up entirely out of spite."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

First, look at how the universe is, then using that information predict everything that could possibly have happened to get to that state. I am amazed at how well that worked.