Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
This game was stupid and I enjoyed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
just frictionless ball grasping

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Wet balls were fondled repeatedly

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Athanatos posted:

bad weather games are fun

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Athanatos posted:

:same:

for all the good football out there, sometimes I enjoy shamelessly stupid games even more. The Raiders/Ravens from the beginning of the season is a top tier stupid game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

another jimmy g pick would have been :discourse:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wentz will never wear a mask correctly.

Winners never have to follow the rules.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

bean mom posted:

hmm, well, start training since you were old enough to hold a baseball, like 5 or so, and spend thousands of hours on it

Hmmm, that sounds harder than sitting on my rear end and shitposting.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I got a friend whose kid is 3. Is that too early to turn him into a left-handed middle reliever? I'd suggest a starting pitcher but I want to temper expectations.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I was banned from touch football in high school gym because I was too aggressive as a girl but wasn't allowed to play tackle football either.

Just lol if you didn't play golf in high school.

I mean there are matches sometimes but once you make varsity you can just get high and drink during practices.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Shut the gently caress up, Carson.

You're inspiring many people to not get vaccinated.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I was banned from touch football in high school gym because I was too aggressive as a girl but wasn't allowed to play tackle football either.

Whenever we scrimmaged against the girls team in hockey you made fuckin sure your jock was in place, and knew you were still gonna get slashed to poo poo.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Athanatos posted:

I'll take a stupid win any day, all things considered

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It was suggested I try out for my high schools football team because I was over 300 pounds. Nevermind that it was mostly because of depression and I'm 5'9.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

It was suggested I try out for my high schools football team because I was over 300 pounds. Nevermind that it was mostly because of depression and I'm 5'9.

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1324437124767240194

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ok I've been up since almost 5am so time for bed. What a stupid game.

At least tomorrow will be...

(checks notes)

...Saints at Seattle?!?

I hope y'all liked today's game, because it may be a repeat if the weather is still terrible!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I was forcibly recruited into choir because my voice went bass before anybody else and to this day I get PTSD if I hear "Old Time Rock and Roll"

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

I got a friend whose kid is 3. Is that too early to turn him into a left-handed middle reliever? I'd suggest a starting pitcher but I want to temper expectations.

yeah, honestly, starters are worthless these days in the new meta, but also imo, you dont want to have a kid start pitching till after little league, it can be bad for their later development to throw at the shorter distance while their body and arm are still developing

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

whos that broooown posted:

Just lol if you didn't play golf in high school.

I mean there are matches sometimes but once you make varsity you can just get high and drink during practices.

playing contact sports is dumb, i wouldnt want my potential kids playing any of them, just not worth it, the risk reward is way fuckin off, play something like tennis or golf or poo poo idk, or learn a real life skill and be in the band and get laid constantly because band geeks are the sluttiest kids in the whole school

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

Bad news, the three batter minimum has eliminated the value of the LOOGY

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

the only transferrable life skill i got from baseball was being utterly deadly with a well packed snowball from around sixty feet

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I need to play basketball more especially as a depressed fatass. Basketball is so fun.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

I need to play basketball more especially as a depressed fatass. Basketball is so fun.

yeah, playing rec league sports owns, do it even if youre bad, just get out there and hoop it up, youll meet people, youll have something fun to do, and maybe something to motivate you to get fitter all in one

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The one sport I wish I learned beyond the utter rudimentary level was ice hockey. I can skate, but stick handling is another story.

I guess equestrian/horse riding would also be cool to learn. Check that off my bucket list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

bean mom posted:

yeah, playing rec league sports owns, do it even if youre bad, just get out there and hoop it up, youll meet people, youll have something fun to do, and maybe something to motivate you to get fitter all in one

I just need to get in shape more because full court is fun but pretty rough on me right now and I don't want to have to ask for a sub out every ten minutes, feels bad. Still, can't shoot for poo poo, but it's so fun to guard someone down low, reminds me of playing private school ball in Kentucky where every kid was convinced basketball wasn't a contact sport and was questioning my sexuality for daring to body them up in the post, haha. Watch the NBA more instead of just UK basketball, nerds. Good time, those kids could never score around me.