Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pussy Snorkel posted:

It's worse than that. While this is unverified, it's entirely plausible: I read about someone who compared light vs heavy, identical stats, and the heavy somehow just plain did more damage. So light is actually gimping yourself in damage and armor, if they're to be believed.

I absolutely believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

MarcusSA posted:

I absolutely believe it.

So do I. Honestly, the damage reduction from heavy armor outweighs the promised dps gains anyways, especially in dungeons where one wrong move has thousands of damage dumped on you out of nowhere. PVP is probably a different story, especially for war, but for average gameplay I just can't rationalize anything below heavy.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Ad by Khad posted:

I did post what I mean. We are attacking a territory for the sake of attacking a territory.

You guys actively recruit people in faction chat to push influence for you. They aren't having fun pvping. It isn't being contested. You make people do chores for you under the guise of "for the spark" and then you're probably gonna take the territory anyway and then raise taxes to maximum

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
it's content, for people who are looking for something to do. there is no actual pressure to help us do that, no one is going to be punished for not helping do the thing. a few goons helped us do it anyway, and like I said, thank you

we had around 50 people for the CK push, it still took a long time because thats how the game works. we did not "make" anyone do it (even in our group)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s weird that some(any?) animations don’t have any iframes.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
New World Goons now more annoying than EVE Goons.

You love to see it.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

like all the loving time i'm like "man suycks thats theres no point to leveling crafting" and "yeah all these people complaining about this game are right it's kinda garbage" and "yeah game is broken beyond belief and who knows if amazon will ever fix it" but i still log in every day and do a lap or two around a territory because its got vibe so i mean it somehow manages to keep me coming back despite me reading discussions about how bad it is all the time

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The combat and weapons are really fun. I love what a clusterfuck dungeons are when everyone can bodyblock each other. They could stand to do something about tanks constantly being shoved around by trash mobs though.

i don't suppose there's another MMO with combat anything like New World but better...everything else?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 25, 2021

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Sindai posted:

The combat and weapons are really fun. I love what a clusterfuck dungeons are when everyone can bodyblock each other. They could stand to do something about tanks constantly being shoved around by trash mobs though.

i don't suppose there's another MMO with combat anything like New World but better...everything else?

BDO's combat is more active. But the gameplay outside that is so grindy that new world's grind feels like WoW launch grind to cap... I can't think of any other though. Neverwinter maybe? I think DDO's combat was similar to this. All those others have class limits though. I would say ESO, but I think that one is kind of auto attack instead of interactive combat here.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

just wanted to lmao for a second that there's no roadmap lol rip

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

JuffoWup posted:

BDO's combat is more active. But the gameplay outside that is so grindy that new world's grind feels like WoW launch grind to cap... I can't think of any other though. Neverwinter maybe? I think DDO's combat was similar to this. All those others have class limits though. I would say ESO, but I think that one is kind of auto attack instead of interactive combat here.

I wouldn't call DDO similar, it feels kind of bad actually although it was pretty incredible for an MMO back in like 2006 or whatever when it came out. I do still play and enjoy it right now, as we speak, though. BDO is a good reference point but its controls are more similar to a fighting game with like a gazillion moves that all have their own attack/guard properties. It's definitely good if that sounds good but it was too much for me to get my mind around.

Darwin_
Oct 4, 2021

How can we blame AGS when data shows that a vast majority of mmo players are obsessed with broken and unfinished games?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Google Butt posted:

just wanted to lmao for a second that there's no roadmap lol rip

I legit enjoy the game a lot, and while I have serious doubts about the game's longevity insofar as the decision making/speed of changes necessary to make this thing last more than a year, they clearly made enough of a bankroll off sales that this game probably isn't going anywhere

that said fuckin LOL at the amount of undocumented/wrong/broken poo poo in this game, and that's just talking about the tooltips, not even stuff like block-climbing inclines (i.e. certain areas can be climbed if you hold block then jump up it rapidly) or how outpost rush -- which is desperately needed for gold income + general content + a way for pvpers who aren't already in regular war rosters to actually see endgame pvp -- has been disabled TWICE.

also outpost rush is really fun if you already like the game's pvp AND gatherers can actually get really good gathering XP inside it/gatherers play a big role in upgrading stuff during the matches

MarcusSA posted:

It’s weird that some(any?) animations don’t have any iframes.

what do you mean?? all dodges (shift by default) have iframes no matter what for heavy/med/light; I've been in full heavy since like day 2 and I iframe the poo poo out of stuff, like you can literally dodge-tank boss fights and projectiles and stuff. The active skill Evade under Rapier also gives a smaller iframe but I think that's about it; there's grit and stagger interactions for many abilities too but generally speaking animations that aren't gritted can absolutely be interrupted to allow for some counterplay. overall, while I miss stagger A LOT, the combat is pretty fun if not like a very slow fighting game.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ad by Khad I am curious, what happened in the time of Fed trying to extend an olive branch and unbanning everyone and even invited me back to the Discord, giving me roles, me logging off and doing real life things and coming back to being banned from the Discord again without posting anything? :3:

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
This game is poo and bad, much like my posting. So many things are just straight up broke (stats, perks, core systems) that there is no way they will put in enough effort to unfuck it rather than just taking the money and scooting.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Ad by Khad I am curious, what happened in the time of Fed trying to extend an olive branch and unbanning everyone and even invited me back to the Discord, giving me roles, me logging off and doing real life things and coming back to being banned from the Discord again without posting anything? :3:

I have no idea, there hasnt really been any talk about it today

so I went and looked and not only are you not banned, you're still in it

this is dumb

edit: if you have any further questions ask street, the person who handles this

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
I don't know why I even bother to block with a shield if I get smacked around like a toddler.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
I made it to level 28 rolling light armor as instructed as a musket/rapier build.

It was enjoyable crafting and fighting some until I ran into Mossrock Archers or some bullshit that shoot me for 500+ a shot and have a giant aggro range. Was awesome to get shot down before I could close. Dodging didnt work for poo poo.

Reading this thread, Im supposed to wear heavy armor? Like what the gently caress did the devs think with this bulllshit. Guess Im done with this game til its fixed.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

I have no idea, there hasnt really been any talk about it today

so I went and looked and not only are you not banned, you're still in it

this is dumb

edit: if you have any further questions ask street, the person who handles this

Yeah I dunno. I logged back in and I wasn’t in the server anymore. :shrug:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

bad boys for life posted:

I made it to level 28 rolling light armor as instructed as a musket/rapier build.

It was enjoyable crafting and fighting some until I ran into Mossrock Archers or some bullshit that shoot me for 500+ a shot and have a giant aggro range. Was awesome to get shot down before I could close. Dodging didnt work for poo poo.

Reading this thread, Im supposed to wear heavy armor? Like what the gently caress did the devs think with this bulllshit. Guess Im done with this game til its fixed.

NPC archers are the loving worst. They generally deal massive damage, have a huge aggro radius and it’s a crapshoot on being able to dodge them.

The ones you mention are particularly obnoxious with their poison clouds. I’ve always found the best way to deal with them is to rush them like an idiot and just hug them until they die.

I am about to legit be done after the bullshit that is great cleave though. Is this overpopulation of mobs, respawns timers, and massive damage what I have to look forward to in the rest of the high level zones?

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

bad boys for life posted:

Mossrock Archers

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't encounter any mobs that actually kicked my rear end until I ran into these guys at like level 38. You aren't alone in hating these specific fuckers. That being said these types are pretty rare and easy to circumvent.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Soo, if the last couple weeks were indication, we should be getting patch notes for a patch tomorrow, right?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lawlicaust posted:

NPC archers are the loving worst. They generally deal massive damage, have a huge aggro radius and it’s a crapshoot on being able to dodge them.

The ones you mention are particularly obnoxious with their poison clouds. I’ve always found the best way to deal with them is to rush them like an idiot and just hug them until they die.

I am about to legit be done after the bullshit that is great cleave though. Is this overpopulation of mobs, respawns timers, and massive damage what I have to look forward to in the rest of the high level zones?

Great Cleave isn't too bad if you get a couple levels first (I went in at 51), get a buddy and just crank through all of the missions in one go. Another goon and I did the whole thing in less than 2h and it wasn't bad.

I would never ever want to attempt that solo though jfc.

I was using a high con paladin spec (sword+shield, lifestaff) and the other goon was using a high dps build (firestaff+ice gauntlet iirc) and just with some modest healing and me being able to occasionally tank or pull aggro worked out easily but even at times we had to just run away to break out of the respawn loops.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
great cleave is also fine solo if you're using hatchet and heavy armor, but it's definitely annoying. i left as soon as I could go to mourningdale

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

e: nevermind I am dumb much like this lovely game

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Great Cleave PVP missions have consistently provided some of the best open world pvp so far. Go here if you need to farm PvP tokens to get your broken rear end 520 set or want to find small engagable groups to fight.

- Missions are fast and close to town, meaning it’s a great place to farm rep and tokens. You get about 2k tokens for s full loop.
- Not a controllable zone, so you don’t really get big zergs (which usually only exist to push influence)
- Decent lodestone spawns nearby, there’s a cave nearby that spawns a wolf that can be mined for a water quintessence

For extra bad manner, you can camp the spot right north of town that the PVP countdown timer runs out at very easily. There are some rocks that form a natural choke point and people almost always just beeline down the road. Set up one dude on top of the rocks/hills on the west side of the road to spot and a dude hiding behind the rocks right along the road and make people mad by ganking them right as their timer runs out. I’ll do this with a musket/spear friend as a spotter and myself as an ice/fire mage as the ambusher and it works out very well. It makes it super easy to get them trapped in all sorts of ice bullshit, and they either tunnel vision you while you kite then and so mage things or try to run back to town and get musketed down.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 25, 2021

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Great Cleave pvp missions are great because they take at most 5 minutes per loop for 2k tokens, like if you did it fast enough you'll have to wait 30 seconds for new missions on the faction board

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Lawlicaust posted:

I found Great Cleave worse than Edengrove and Ebonscale, specifically because of those tiny copy-pasted forts where you aggro 4 corrupted at once by stepping through the front door.

Giving ranged enemies longer aggro sight range than melee enemies is definitely up there with the most frustrating things about the PvE in this game. Combined with their accuracy and damage it turns areas with dense ranged spawns into death traps.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 25, 2021

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Updated EU info for the OP:

Updated info:
Cool Single Dad Hangout
Company Name: Cool Single Dad Hangout
Server: EU - Alioth
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/pFJezJ8NMd

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck on the old server due to the transfers being disabled.
Also, some of my friends play on a different server on the same shard as Alioth, so I won't be able to play with them until after some server merges.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Turambar posted:

Updated EU info for the OP:

Updated info:
Cool Single Dad Hangout
Company Name: Cool Single Dad Hangout
Server: EU - Alioth
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/pFJezJ8NMd

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck on the old server due to the transfers being disabled.
Also, some of my friends play on a different server on the same shard as Alioth, so I won't be able to play with them until after some server merges.

Got it.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I’m still pretty low in here, and will probably remain so as I don’t play much, but I’ve been having fun mining rocks and making steel tools for folks. Is there a good iron ore mining route folks like? I’ve mapped out a couple of possibilities over in monarch bluffs where it seems less populated, but I’d be interested to hear y’all’s thoughts.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Some luck numbers.

I am level 43 killing 41 wolves that can drop tier IV thick hides.

I had 25.5% skinning luck and 1400 luck food.

After getting 1,004 thick hides, I got 2 thick furs, 9 blue cooking meats, and 1 blue alchemy meat.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Talorat posted:

I’m still pretty low in here, and will probably remain so as I don’t play much, but I’ve been having fun mining rocks and making steel tools for folks. Is there a good iron ore mining route folks like? I’ve mapped out a couple of possibilities over in monarch bluffs where it seems less populated, but I’d be interested to hear y’all’s thoughts.

i use mapgenie.io and run through first light but if I'm lazy and don't want to look at a map I just run in circles around the northwest part of first light, where it has a little nub of territory sandwiched between windsward and cutlass keys. not many people there usually and pretty high density of iron ore nodes. also the brown areas on the map directly east of the town in everfall are good

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Layered leather armor, level 40, and layered fur armor, level 40, have the same stats except the resistances are reversed. Fur is higher elemental while leather is higher physical.

You need 72 fur to craft a full set.

You would have like 72,000 thick hides just to get that much fur.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Silk armor made for women have less stats than silk armor made for men.

EDIT:

There are also silk robes.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 25, 2021

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Third World Reagan posted:

Silk armor made for women have less stats than silk armor made for men.

EDIT:

There are also silk robes.

lmao. little on the nose there amazon

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Can't wait to see how they walk that one back.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The results of this are women have to dress as witches or men to be good in combat.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

This game kinda blows

Will there ever be another Dark Age of Camelot, which was too good for god's green earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Third World Reagan posted:

The results of this are women have to dress as witches or men to be good in combat.

I'm honestly surprised there isn't a cooking outfit that is statistically superior