Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

vandalism posted:

The gameplay is great and the act of playing is pretty satisfying.

All the peripheral stuff is 100% hosed

Economy? Thoroughly hosed eternally due currency and item duping. Some have millions in coin and full sets of endgame gear. They got a 24 hour ban as punishment for this. These people have like... years ahead of anyone who did not dupe.

Pvp? hosed. It is a money loss to pvp.

Outpost rush? hosed. Pops once a day or less for the tumbleweed-rolling-by empty servers.

Servers? hosed. Dead.

Faction balance? hosed. No reason to play any but the winning faction or transfer off if not part of the winning faction.

Anyone who didn't exploit early and often? Turbo hosed. Very little consequence to most who did cheat. Some did get permanent banned but most got a 24 hour ban from my understanding.

So yeeeeah. Game is fun, game is hosed. They honestly should have shut the poo poo down when they first got wind of gold exploiting and rolled it back and then fixed the exploit.

Basically it is easier to send a man to space than it is to make a good mmo. :(

i have onions older than this game. nothing is irrevocably broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
All the things wrong with the game and WoW refugees are clamoring for a minimap.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its insanely cathartic to refine and craft down an entire inventory and storage full of materials

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Lladre posted:

If you craft high end armor and get request three times a day to make some void sets from a level 20 character not wearing pants then yeah. You are participating in duping.

Just crafting an entire company's worth of voidbent without wondering how the person acquired all the mats during an active dupe

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Tempora Mutantur posted:

so if you want any serious amount of starmetal, or enough ori nodes to get the ori raredrops, or enough wirefiber to finish your weaving grind, or pretty much anything T4+, gooooood fuckin luck finding enough nodes that aren't already gathered (and I say this on a dead-rear end server where I'm pretty sure I'm mostly competing with my own company so I can only imagine what it's like on the med/high pop servers)

post-merge if I can't get into outpost rush within 5-10 minutes of logging in during primetime I'm probably just going to take a longass break unless my company does like, daily wars again like the first few weeks of release, which I also can't imagine since the only thing worse than the watermark grind is the pvp faction influence grind to kick off a war, but at least in theory you can take 50-60 people and can grind that poo poo out in 90 minutes if the defending faction just rolls over.

Im on Camelot and aside from easy Ori nodes like the ship in RS its really not that bad and OPR is popping non-stop.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the people in my company going apoplectic over having to maybe touch PvE content are the same people who run OPR for 10 hours a day and complain about having nothing to do

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
just give me a remastered pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies and I'll never look at another game, let alone MMO, again.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Ihmemies posted:

So how is this game? I own Asus 3080 TuF OC and 30€ without monthly fee sounds reasonable. Does the game still burn rare and expensive GPU's to crisp?

My friend is running a company and they have pvp area battle at evenings on 20:00 clock local time. Sounds reasonable.

They say they make more money in taxes than their company uses money so it turns a profit.

I could join his company and play with them. I'm mainly interested in pvp. WoW PvE got stale after wotlk and I played mainly pvp afterwards. How's the pvp in this game, worth the 30€ to give it a shot?

I got 464 hours out of it before I called it quits and that had more to do with the people I was playing with than the actual game itself.

Its good, its awful and has a very uncertain future.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

bad boys for life posted:

The gathering aspect ended up being the best part of the game, for a pvp combat game. I have never seen a game fail this badly from its purpose.

I guess not being a native eradication simulator from colonial times like it was originally was an improvement.

the players were the natives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the pvp crowd would forgive the pve grind if wars werent still a laggy disaster. but they are and my entire former company of try hards is basically begrudgingly defending WW/EF at this point and not attacking anything.