Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I tried joining a Corruption train of 10-15 people and my game would randomly freeze for 30 seconds to 1 minute at a time. It was completely unplayable... awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

It apparently hit half our group and one guy said he resolved it by turning down his GPU power limit on the fly. I'm slightly concerned hearing that along with the whole thing about the game frying GPUs

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Ah yes, probe me for casually mentioning something that was all over the news and still shows up in Google search as having happened (albeit with Amazon blaming the GPU makers/them accepting responsibility for a defect). Also I'm sure you'll kindly point me to where it was "debunked" in this very thread tia

Don't worry, your game's honor is still intact I'm sure

Edit: Hey look, the most recent article that popped for me mentions abnormal power draw on graphics cards! To be clear I'm not saying it's a big deal but handing out probes seems a bit extreme. Maybe address it with some sources/facts?

https://news.yahoo.com/amazon-response-about-new-world-gpu-issue-not-okay-160954374.html

quote:

In our previous article, I talked about some odd behaviours with the game’s power draw from personal experience, and even tech YouTuber JayzTwoCents has highlighted in his video about the game’s abnormal power draw.

I mentioned that this was not a cause for concern for well-made graphics cards, and I stand by that statement. Somewhat. If your GPU is well-made, you will not experience any kind of hardware failure... for the time being.

Why the power spikes are a cause for concern

When I wrote the previous article, I had this hopeful vision of Amazon reducing the power draw of New World eventually, after optimising the game. After Amazon’s response, I am not too sure.

Simply put, if this kind of power draw persists for the game, your GPU will take the brunt of it, eventually, no matter how sturdy it currently is.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 26, 2021

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Anita Dickinme posted:

Graphics cards are hyping up to be the next meltdown. :getin:

Oh man careful you might get probed for that hot take

Get it hot like the graphics cards New World melts

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I'll just look in the thread to see if New World has gotten any better well I just learned what the stocking-mini skirt gap is called and how it's graded so that answers that I'll check back in a few more months

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Is the endgame still a grindy, time-gated mess locked behind dumb dungeon keys? Is that being addressed in that big patch?

I enjoyed the game in beta and at release but lost all motivation to play because the endgame was terrible. Also they made some legit fun dungeons but then decided you had to craft rare/expensive keys to do them more than once, which is a terribly dumb idea.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Discospawn posted:

Good stuff

Hey thanks a lot, that's exactly what I was wondering about. Yeah I like that they're getting rid of entry requirements but I hope that doesn't make groups super restrictive when it comes to who they run with. Speaking of the gear score, how does that work when queueing for groups at endgame? Are you going to get kicked out for having a non-max GS or is it standardized in dungeons?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Yeah I last played in November and I've been thinking about this game lately. The combat is fun, the setting is neat, and I really enjoyed decorating my house. I'd really like it if they cleaned up some of the bad design decisions, which it seems like they're trying to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Is there any type of organized goon presence? Or is the population so low/dispersed that whoever remained was absorbed into other guilds companies.