Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The race to .01 for every item is a sight to behold. I really don't care what the dev's say about the state of the economy, there's a serious problem for 99% of items in the game. Platinum ingots on my server are going for .20 per ingot. That is a fraction of the price of all of the raw materials. You lose significant gold crafting an item like that. The only things holding any value right now are incredibly rare things like Void ore, T2/T3 trophy items, and legendary crafting component. Everything else is just gravitating closer and closer to .01.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Strength on light voidbent armor is lolol. We going full 2004 wow itemization here boys.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

I have noticed when playing NW that at random times my Fans will ramp up like no tomorrow and then it will level off. That's just running around the world and stuff not even doing combat.

I've set a power limit on my 3080 and its stopped all of that.

What's the easiest way to set a power limit and what values should I look at set at?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Patch notes up.

Overall many changes if pulled off should move the game in the right direction. I'm hopeful at least.

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/new-world-update-1-0-4

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

That’s cool and all but I don’t see a single weapon skill fix.

Honestly isn't as high on the priority list as getting outpost rush up and running to get gold influx.

Also fixing the faction token cap is a higher priority than weapon perks.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

No fixes to all of the weapon bugs, No fixes to the awful economy bullshit, No fixes to the crafting. These clowns have more money than God and they can't even use it right.

Lmao, getting 400-500 gold every 20 minutes with a queue is going to cause an influx of gold into the economy, and there will be less people gathering to put stuff into the economy.

Again, weapon perk fixes are not a priority on the list. Those can start to come next week or the week after. There are people currently with 15k faction points cap(not myself). Getting those people on a parity with the rest of the players is a much higher priority than weapon perk fixes. The same with getting game modes into the game and working.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Itemization on several monster drops have been altered including people who farmed the items pre-patch. Memory of Antonio has had the slashing damage changed to increased stamina. Apparently Lazerus drops have been changed too.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Vorenus posted:

I can't imagine a drop that would be worth running Lazarus.

Memory of Antonio from Mourningdale was a very, very nice ring though.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

causticBeet posted:

So a mix of drama and transfers appears to have cannibalized the green faction on my low pop server. A big chunk of the PvP/PVE core transferred off, leaving one remaining smaller guild that is actually organized and a whole bunch of level 40-50s who complain in faction chat about the state of wars (not getting in, losing, complaining about where wars are fought)

The exclusive nature of wars is super toxic, and I expect this has happened on a lot of servers (or will soon). You very much get a core group per faction that does most of the actual warring, and then a lot of salty onlookers. Lots of whining in faction chat from players who have never fought in or organized a war talking about how things should be done without the means or motivation to actually do it themselves. Especially on a lower pop server, it feels like once a group cements themselves as the stronger faction it’s almost impossible to stop them - if their best 50 has a gear/organization/sweat advantage and beats your best 50, you’re kinda just hosed.

Well, owning your server trade hub means you make between 500k and 1m a week. Two weeks of that and your guild is geared out.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Bug's, exploits, and everything aside the PvP in this game straight up doesn't feel good. Period. I've done wars, I've done Outpost rush, I've done open world PvP. The game fundamentally isn't responsive enough to pull off what they are trying to pull off. Players aren't where they are showing up on your screen. It's why AoE's are dominant because you hit people, period. But then layering AoE's causes the de-sync to get worse and worse.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Honest question: At this point, what would/ could AGS do to rebuild trust with the community?

Is it banning offenders and trying to remove duped gold/ items? Rolling back servers? Fresh start servers w/ maybe limited transfers? Just fixing bugs/ exploits w/o loving more poo poo up?

My guild is indifferent to all of this while it seems like even the most staunch defenders on the forums are turning on AGS. Which is funny because my guild stuck with Crowfall all the way through the third Dregs campaign, and on release that game was less hosed than this.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Decon posted:

Haven't gotten to high level PvP, but is the hatchet still as busted in PvP as the subreddit seems to think it is? Because if the particular weapon that lead to players not staggering-on-hit anymore is still op then :rubby:

It's busted because of the stacking damage buff that people mentioned but there's also the animation cancelling that you can do once you take the throw hatchet perk. So now you're doing 3-4k damage a hit and swinging 4-5 times a second. If it's just the first one, it can be outplayed. If it's a combination of the two you can be 100-0 in heavy armor faster than any life staff could think of healing you.

And there's a new dupe involving multiple storage sheds even while the original dupe is being worked on.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

If the fishing botters disappear prices are going to soar its gonna be wild

Why do you think this?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Honest to god question, how is the netcode this loving bad? This has to be the worst netcode I've ever seen.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I liked local banking and storage.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

I will forever remember this:

Probably because this comedy happened on the server I was on. Also pyreal rat's story describing the vindi as floating masked puppets or something like that.

My buddy killed BZ on DT and crafted the no drop unique staff out of whatever it was the dropped off of him poo poo was rad.

Also having nexus armor and prepatch GSA was king poo poo.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lawlicaust posted:

There are also an equal amount of might as well be dead mmos. Games like Champions Online which have tiny populations but also tiny costs entirely funded by a handful of whales.

Funcom is still pumping the corpse of Secret World and even did a relaunch several years ago with no real plans or resources to create new content.

I think the bar should not be “dead” but a stable and/or growing playerbase of more than 10k concurrent or daily players. That’s a low bar and lots of games do not clear it.

Examples by those numbers:
BDO & ESO - Alive
Crowfall and Albion - Dying
STO - Whale Life Support

I'm pretty sure Albion is continually growing it's.playerbase and has had a major increase in players since launching mobile.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Vorenus posted:

Imagine having your owned territory thrown into conflict by bots, but the bots ran so many PvP quests that no legitimate companies can declare.

Game is good

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Barreft posted:

...I just don't understand how people put up with this and keep playing.

Sunk cost fallacy. My entire guild is still going strong. I was the first in my guild to hit 60 and I haven't played now since the first dupe. My confidence in the New World team is gone at this point. Meanwhile the rest of my guild is still playing. Those that took longer to get to 60 I think feel like they have more invested and are less likely to put the game down.

Once I realized the entire endgame is just doing ambusti-myrkguard nightly runs that was it for me. Oh and I was under the impression open world PvP would be a larger part of the gameplay loop than it is. Once Outpost rush came out that killed open world PvP.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

new dupe btw, really annoying to do and it's really small volume but it's repeatable

Zotix fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Nov 17, 2021

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The shadow invasion in Asheron's call was pretty rad.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Incoming patch that deletes System32.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

BadLlama posted:

game is perfect and anyone poo poo talking is a hater ill fight you in real life

Sounds like fake news.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

I'm doing the watermarking because the brainworms demand it, and the New War doesn't come out in Warframe until December.

So they fixed some elite mobs that respawned quickly to respawn slower, now instead of a 1m timer its a 2m timer. Running outside an area to trick the game into respawning elites faster is now defined as an exploit so you can report people doing it. So you stand around killing one elite spawn for around 200+ hours.

Myrkguard an area people used to farm in 10 man groups, has been buffed that it requires 20-30 players now. Open world bosses there 2 shot tanks now. Corruption ticks from the portals can nearly one shot people. And when your in a zerg of people larger than 5 people, you get less drops. And now elite chests drop maybe 1-2 items instead of multiple.

They want you to now run larazus it's a dungeon, which requires you to craft a tuning orb, and you can craft it once a week. Players no longer invite people to join groups, they now sell the slots to other people so they can do the dungeon and they get their money. It's one of the most backwards wacky progression system ever.

Since the game doesn't keep track of your watermark. The easy way is to hold one of every single equipable item in the game or you have to make... spreadsheets. I've heard that all armor is shared and that all armor isnt shared. So you have to get light, medium, heavy helmet drops to level up those watermarks. It doesn't feel like they share watermark so I have no loving clue. So you got 15 for all your armor parts, 3 for shields and then something in 12 different weapons to keep track of. The best way to describe it is new world watermarking is life getting 30 destiny characters to the current light level to be of any value.

Fast travel cost is determined by your weight. Well with all these items in your inventory you basically can no longer fast travel. Leaving the end game mountain is no longer a choice.

So far what I have seen I don't think any sane person would do, so have mercy on me and my soul.

Also since the new weapon came out and it starts at GS 500, so even if you were at GS 591 or 600 for everything else, you basically restart your entire grind because there is no target farming of anything and now the pool of potential drops just increased by 1. Even then it's even worse because your gonna get a ton of the 29 items you already grinded. This is getting pretty heavy into the Korean/Asian MMO spaces of unlimited grinding.

This is actually true, and is another reason to quit this pile of trash.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The dev post that was crossposted on the subreddit is murder. The comments are bloodbath.

Making excuses that a lot of these changes were from beta changes that made it into this patch. Lol and lmao.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 20, 2021

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

They rolled back for this, but not the dupes. Lol and lmao.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

idiotsavant posted:

Platinum was useful for about 30 seconds within the first two weeks of release when you could actually sell t4 jewelry for decent money. It wouldn’t be terrible to use since gathering silver is super easy now and it helps level your smelting, without having to gently caress with charcoal, plus you can still sell the occasional +crafting skill earring, except that leveling jewelcrafting rn is a bad idea.

Ya, this is a shame. I was one of the first 60's on my server. Switched to mining platinum around 57 for gems. Made a ton of gold being the first person on the server to cut T4/5 gems, but I had like 70k platinum that I did the AH shuffle with. No idea what happened to it since I haven't played in nearly a month.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

World merges have started.

Gotta suck for the person deciding which servers merge into which server.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

where have you seen even 'fairly hype' for d4? d2r ended up being a wash overall: looked good but the horrible server issues inspired no confidence and it's still without a bunch of the features they promised before release. d2r ladder when??

in the greater world of arpgs, which i frankly spend way too much time playing and paying attention to, I haven't heard a peep about d4 in ages. I'll see maybe a dexerto article every time they release one of their meandering quarterly update blogs, but as far as actual hype among arpg players, streamers or content creators? I've seen less than nothing. People do still mock diablo immortal quite a bit, though.

i'm sure d4 will still sell well because plenty of people will try it as game launch marketing works, but it's definitely not a game out there building hype afaict, like at all

D4 is hyped by the super casual player AKA 90% of sales. The average person doesn't give a poo poo about the scandals, or any of that poo poo. They know about Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 3, they know(read: knew) Blizzard is a good game company and will flock to it when it releases. These aren't avid ARPG players, they are just the casual masses.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i mean same question, where? I, again, do not doubt that it will sell well as the ip is still generally well regarded in spite of the debacles, but that's different from hype, which is a fairly tangible thing that generally is detectable via increased search activity, increased social media activity/interest, increased fan/youtube content and so on. the only peak in diablo hype over the flat baseline interest for the last year+ was briefly around the launch of d2r, which has since petered off and is now mostly back at baseline.

It doesn't need to be tangible hype on social media or websites. I play a variety of games online in many different communities and whenever D4 is brought up it's generally followed by people saying they are excited for it. This is anecdotal evidence I know, but this seems to be a big thing with Blizzard that pans out game after game after game. How long has Blizzard-Activision been a thing? 10+ years now? Activision, and Blizzard brain drain has driven nearly all of the IP's into the ground, and people still flock to new half-assed Blizzard releases every single time.

I should also add that I'm a pretty big PoE fan, and most of the people I reference don't play PoE. They don't even play ARPG's outside of Diablo. I personally think that D4 will need to launch with so much content to be able to compete with PoE/PoE2 that it'll be rough on Blizzard but that's another conversation.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

PoE isn't a daily game for most people even the hardcore crowd. They usually play for about 4-5 weeks after a league launches and then it all tapers off until the next league. I don't know how the recently.league launch coincided wit D2R as I skipped the last two leagues.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

squirrelzipper posted:

As a PvE catgirl convert I also want to add to this - Shadowbane. It was awful. It was also amazing. There were no 'PvE' servers, it was a shitshow of bad code and PvP but actually terrific class/race designs, interesting mechanics, and, surprisingly, it worked, for a certain definition of work. Ultimately it was underfunded and the definition of 'works' was too narrow to succeed in the market, but man, that game has some good times too. It wasn't DAoC, but it was a good time for a while

And the spirtual successor to it, Crowfall is just as janky, awful, and amazing. It also launched with fewer bugs than New World. lol and lmao.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You haven't had the full open world PvP experience until you've been PKd in deceit. Break the bone knight wall and watch them crumble or gently caress with someone until the Lich Lord kills them.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

arbybaconator posted:

I have 600 hours in this broken rear end game

This is a personal flaw.