Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
more like poo world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This game sucks / owns

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
All Trading Posts will been linked

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Click the button

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am still having fun running around chopping up vegetation and hitting mobs with my massive loving hammer of doom.
I did my first dungeon the other night and man, there was soooooo much loot dropping that when we left the instance my guy was walking like he shat himself, I am not used to encumbrance. I did John Wayne voices while walking around for a bit then salvaged it all.
I think the key to enjoying this game is to not know anything about anything, or what you are doing or why, and then do all that as little as possible,
I caught a fish!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm so sorry

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It reminds me most of this

https://store.steampowered.com/app/242760/The_Forest/

Except you can't swim :v:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Why can't I use the trading post again?
This loving game eh

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am torn, on one hand I have played a decent amount of time and had fun, but on the other hand I spent most of that time chopping down trees and blindly clicking the craft button to make a number go up

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It would be nice to be able to do something, anything below 60.
I guess there must be more people like me, just not rushing too much who have zero idea what the actual selling point of the game even is. I have zero clue what what makes it unique or interesting and I am not going to rush and burn out just to find out.

If I rush I will bin the game before I am 60 from burnout, if I chill and do what I am doing and have fun I have no concept of what the game has to offer / is all about.

In short, lol and lmao.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Rexicon1 posted:

this game would probably have been better if it wasn’t an MMO

It isn't to me now the trading posts are shitcanned it's literally no different to a wonky Skyrim

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
a giant loving turkey

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Don't go out with a bang, go out with a gobble, that's my motto

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

DerekSmartymans posted:

I’ve seen star citizen servers with more people than that simultaneously online. And that’s not even a game

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

FrostyPox posted:

People are allegedly getting permabanned for having "fart" in their names. Not told to rename, permabanned.

Lol and also, may I add, lmao

This means they did not word filter out fart from the character creation but they did word filter out 'queue' :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

sharknado slashfic posted:

Don't feel bad, it's only a couple of movie tickets

Sadly the two movies are Showgirls and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Reply with gently caress YOU in bold and italics to show how serious you are

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Anita Dickinme posted:

:goonsay: The cap for a character is 500k gold so they couldn’t buy everything on the AH. :smug:

But really though if anything it helped the economy. Gold isn’t just something the common man is going to acquire a surplus of. This MMO like every other has that elite 1% that no one cares about so the economy is fine especially since there’s quite a few gold sinks in the game that just end up going poof like declaring war. If anything there needs to be more gold.

I suck at games, and suck at this one too.
So I run around chopping trees down and hitting things with a big loving hammer, and it's fun.
I checked how much gold I have (I am level 31 lol) and I have like 10,000 gold.
Then I discovered I can buy poo poo to finish town board quests, so now I have 9500 gold.
I feel like I play this thing in such a lightweight way that nothing is bothering me, I am not in a company, have no idea what they are really, I see the map is different colours, no clue why, and when I enter town some bullshit text pops up about taxes and stuff, no clue what that's all about.
I am having fun still, skinning rabbits and poo poo then going back to town and blindly clicking stuff I can craft to make a number go up.
It all feels very much like a cheapo survival game to me rather than an MMO

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I just straight up forgot about this game until just now, never had that happen before :v:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I cracked up laughing the first time I fell in water and my dude just scuttled along like fuckin Zoidberg or something

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
'Head of deliverables: Star Citizen"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
in tents, and porpoises