Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Terrible loving "game"

Pay your estate taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gather all your nodes plebs, we got the 1% to fund for their war efforts

also pay your taxes to them as well!!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Get AD for Khan in here to dupe more morons who play this game

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Make sure to pay your taxes all. The only 50 (50) people that can play WAR needs your funds to have fun.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Light armor is also supposed to have 20% more healing, but doesn’t. There’s really no reason to wear light armor in this game atm

That's why I love this game. 'its supposed to work but doesn't, gently caress it'. If only they had a beta test or something.

Since AGS already got their money I doubt there's more than like 5 full sail grads working on this

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

They got a poo poo ton of money for a broken game that no one working there cares about. It helped their quarterlies and that's all that matters. Success tbh

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

BombiTheZombie posted:

The amount of bootlicks eager to slobber Amazons knob on reddit is astounding. Bezos-chan wont invite you to his space rocket no matter how much you whiteknight this broke rear end cashgrab.

PS. game still poo and bad.

I can't fuckin wait for the Tesla MMO

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

necrofin posted:

Too busy playing (and eating) crayons to actually do anything productive like idk.. level?

That looks like a sweet 2015 game, what is it?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

FrostyPox posted:

lmao it's crazy that they're loving poo poo up this badly. I have brainworms and think the game is actually pretty fun but Jesus loving Christ they are completely and utterly hosed if they don't fix this broken poo poo real soon.

They made so much loving money. And there's no sub. They didn't gently caress up anything.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

FrostyPox posted:

Touche.

Then I should say that the people who want the game to exist six months from now are hosed. I actually don't care all that much as long as I "finish" the content currently in the game, though.

https://www.geekwire.com/2021/jeff-bezos-calls-amazons-new-world-video-game-success-early-determine/

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ad by Khad posted:

if in six months the laughs have dried up, the game isnt fun or God forbid the game has STOPPED EXISTING it's fine, we'll just play something else

most people who play this genre are pretty used to switching games often, the atlas goons are already back on atlas (and will probably be back to new world when that season gets stale in 3 months)

just enjoy the ride while it lasts, the bugs, the weird catastrophic AGS dumbness, also enjoy the drama while it lasts (which there is still a ton of, holy poo poo)

Who's we? you and Church? lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

i was just walking across a rickety broken bridge in Weaver's Fen and fell through the bridge into the water and died. so anyway watch out for this bridge

It truly is the Star Citizen Lumberyard experience lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Outpost Rush is actually really fun.

too bad the whole game is pointless with all these hacks

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Pussy Snorkel posted:

It's honestly not nearly that bad.

With a chance to lose everything you do with even just a mouse move or farting at some random point, it kinda is.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ad by Khad posted:

tell me more about the game you dont play

not like you have anything to lose

its bad op

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

BombiTheZombie posted:

So apparently you can use HTML code to duplicate gold by "completing" a quest by hovering over a text string in the chatbox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DWBtUqOXo0&t=310s

lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Amazon must have poached all the world class talent from star citizen to work on lumberyard

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

JuffoWup posted:

According to that twitter thread from earlier, this isn't true lumberyard. It is using the renderer of lumberyard, but has some hosed up network code underneath. Apparently, the fixed up code was made for use elsewhere, but new world never adopted it. Crucible was actually being migrated to it when amazon shuttered the game. So the question will be if new world will make it back once they put in the new code. Track record isn't looking good though.

Yeah this isn't happening. We're a month in and they can't fix anything without breaking 100 other things.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

If you can run one business you can run any business

Still waiting for the Tesla MMO.

If a book selling company can do one, Musk def can. He got millions of cultists that'd never leave

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

Hahahahahaha holy poo poo. They're gonna roll back, right?

At this point I don't think there's anything to roll back to. And if there is, no one currently working there knows how to do it or what it means lol. Did they grab a bunch of Full Sail grads like Star Citizen too?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I remember playing UO in '97 and they had an exploit you could place items around someone's house and teleport into it and steal everything.

I did that probably 100 times stacking up gear/reagents/gold before it got fixed. But this game is so bad and it's not full pvp/loot so def not worth the $40 just to gently caress with people

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

Like I'll be honest with you, I assumed that it was mostly client authoritative already just because hey, it's action combat that feels good with no monthly fee. But I assumed it was like a version of wow on steroids. Wow is server authoritative, but it's client authoritative enough that clients get get under the world and speed hack down there and poo poo. Like there is a very low-granularity level of server authoritativeness and then the client does fine details. And then they have warden to monitor the client. So like if someone was attacking from 6 or 7 feet away I'd be "hey that's the MMO biz baby time to roll out EAC" but this poo poo is wild west, this is too loving much.

If you read the beta testers, nothing was fixed lol. Just everything getting worse and worse. Too many Lanyard PMCs and not enough people that actually know what to do.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Phoix posted:

I cannot loving believe the fix was effectively just adding a text filter instead of addressing the root

They have no idea what they're doing, it's great.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

I mean, the root solution IS adding a text filter! Half the internet has poo poo written by users displayed as HTML. Every programming language on planet earth now comes with a utility that HTML encodes text and THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.

It costs money to hire people that know what they're doing. Do you have any idea about game development??

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

lol and lmao

Kill All Cops, can you post more in chat pictures again? I need some laughs

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

eonwe posted:

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Spicy Cabbage Soup - Does not consume on use.

also people are now saying their chat is completely down? is that true

You should do a "Is this a New World or Star Citizen bug?"

e: I'm actually getting pulled to buy this poo poo just to mess with people, but way too many good games out right now.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lmao thank you

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lawlicaust posted:

This hatchet damage bug is incredible. With berserk my heavy attacks hit for over 3k at 48. Everything dies in two swings. Just ran through some 45 corruptions solo like they were nothing.

Lol, everything is completely loving broken.

Don't worry they have a poo poo ton of money, that fixes anything

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The entertainment never stops

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

Have they never played a single other MMO?

Nope

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Pussy Snorkel posted:

There's a way to animation cancel light attacks using weapon swap so that you machine gun your attack. Works with life staff and fire staff.

You've been pretty pro-this game, so whatcha been doing lately?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dennis McClaren posted:

This sucks. I was really excited to give this a try. I even made it to lv3 before the lag and connectivity issues made it unplayable. I'm just rubber-banding and warping all over. I've never had this issue outside of New World, so I know it's not on my end. It's not even peak hours on a low pop server?

You should read this thread

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Shadowbane was cool at the time.

But then we all just joined 187 and destroyed all the towns through sheer numbers. PVP and Capitalism are definitely 1=1

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

LuckyCat posted:

i feel like at this point "lol and lmao" is losing it's lustre

yeah, game's basically dead. not much luls anymore

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

a dingus posted:

It's definitely dead. I would know. I have been logging in regularly and running quests to make sure it's really dead at every level and so I can post if anyone else logs into this dead game.

Well every game has it's diehards that say everything is okay. Star Citizen is incredible for instance.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The two people in my servers global chat were hoping they merge all the servers into us east and west soon asap

Why? The game's booming, that'd overcrowd and cause queues again

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

is trading allowed again yet?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

...I just don't understand how people put up with this and keep playing.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

lol and lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

FrostyPox posted:

I think the thing that might keep me playing this dumb game is decorating my house(s) and making things with which to decorate my house(s).

I have every confidence they'll gently caress that right up, too, even worse than the trophy duping.

If you want a house decorator just play ESO. Added bonus being you know whatever you have will be there the next day.