Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Ort posted:

FFXIV is a game that has bad bones but succeeds despite of it due to the great systems. Combat is lame and floaty, world is heavily instanced, etc but they just put a great game on top of it that makes those things less important. New world is opposite in many ways.

FFXIV succeeds because of that chicken hat you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Are there Goons in ESO? Always thought that game looked pretty decent.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

FreeWifi!! posted:

How about mount's?

Or is everyone still running across the map chopping tree's...

Mounts? Are they not axe glitching to go at Mach speed anymore? Mounts would just slow them down.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Why don't they just put this poo poo in Cereal boxes like they did with the original Age of Empires back in 2002. It Works everytime. Call it Capitalist Crunchies or something. It's Incompetent management if you ask me.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Disco you're doing a fantastic job covering this. I feel I like I know more about the game than the suckers who still play it.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

They actually put a turkey as a boss. Wow. Of all the badass enemies they could have gone with, they went with Christmas lunch.

Hopefully they'll add some kind of wet paper bag as a raid boss.

Bar Patron fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 13, 2022

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

That Works posted:

Eh, for a Thanksgiving thing (and Turkey's being a thing in the colonial period US) it's not the worst. Kind of a fun thing even if they predictably botched the entire rollout at the time.

Like, a giant murdering rabbit for Easter this weekend? That would be pretty rad... if anyone was around to see it.

I take it back. Seasonal bosses can be cool. Had it in my head that this was one of the main endgame bosses. Hopefully they have a sloppy snot monster for flu season.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

TheAgent posted:

No code or "improvements" were ever integrated into Lumberyard from CIG.

That was a missed opportunity, Chris Roberts and the guys at CIG are pushing technical boundaries on the daily. They've even got a river now.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

DancingShade posted:

I remember buying something around the launch of Fallout 76 and the sales person offered me a copy of 76 for just an extra ten bucks. I said thank you but I'd need to be paid to accept a copy and we shared a knowing sensible chuckle.

I bought that game for 9 dollars new. Thought it was some kind of pricing error so I grabbed it. I later found out it wasn't a mistake. Crazy they were just giving it away basically.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

What happens to all the goobers in Tera that have fallen in love with a weird cat child that's actually a man in real life. Do they just die of heartbreak now that their world is closing down? There's gotta be some kind of ethical questions surrounding shutting down a person's life like that. Such a tragedy.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Over 35? Get that burnt out old man an incontinence diaper.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Ort posted:

People playing this game (if there are any) are not really posting in this thread, it’s mostly you doomposting and framing every piece of new world news in the worst possible light (which is probably not much different than objectively observing given the trajectory of this game) then people who don’t play chiming in to say “lol, lmao”. I guess really the same as the thread has always been, to be fair, except with more doom posters when it started!

This is what I come here for. Also I've never played the game.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Make sure to include the sausage thing. That was peak gaming.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

DancingShade posted:

Inertia. Give it a couple months.

Unrelated but has anyone seen the product page of upcoming mmo Archeage 2 I mean Archeworld?

https://www.archeworld.com/

Finally, a game for us big brained adults to sink our bored ape teeth into. Made by my new favorite k-pop band.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

The player base is going to be saltier than ever.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Disco you're making me want to play this game. That tent trapping thing looks amazing.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

BadLlama posted:

Sorry but that Fool for Love skin is probably the best thing that has come out of this game.

Gosh I'd love be trapped in a tent with someone wearing that.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

quote:

instead of telling users that their bug report has been submitted, they walk the poster through vague troubleshooting tips that seem unrelated to the problem, like verifying the game's integrity in Steam or updating graphics drivers, regardless of how likely the issue is to be related to those troubleshooting steps.

AGS: Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

30.5 Days posted:

Not arriving at all- there's a piece of lore lying around in one of the cities that explains animals just go too crazy to control on the isle, impossible to keep them around.

No mounts ever? That is crazy. Everytime I watch someone take half an hour running to the next town in this game, I think surely they're going to add mounts soon. It's a whole new market for cosmetics too. That is insane.

quote:

I just noticed you gotta pay cash for emotes in this game..lol and lmao.

For seasoned Erpists this is no problem. You can use those little stars.

*Unzips
*Does the thing
*Gets stuck in tent
*Gestures angrily at the goon

See that's all you need.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

New new world. Newer world. New world of New world. You can have those free of charge if you want ideas for the reboot.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Google Butt posted:

yo this poo poo dead yet

The goons left so it may as well be. It's funny that the game is bad, but it also sucks that the game is bad. I'd jump into this if it was ok and the goons were still active. The tent thing and the quotes in the trailer were enough to win me over for the gameplay.

Unrelenting fun
- Some guy

Fresh
- Some other guy

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Anita Dickinme posted:

May I introduce you to Star Trek Online?

With the reputation grind I think it’s around twenty currencies at this point.

:piss:

That would take literal years to get all the relevant perks needed to be decent at pvp. Like, they've just added another 6 month grind every update which has stacked to a ridiculous amount of grinding time for new players.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Anita Dickinme posted:

I decided to revisit, against my better judgement, and Pandas told me it’ll take about a year and a half for me to be PvP ready again… depending on how much real life monies I spend. :v:

But yeah there’s like 12 reps now. And they added a tier 6. And it takes as long to get to T6 as it takes to get from T1-T5. :suicide:

That is insane. Pvp is now open only to whales and people who have played consistently the last 10 years. Way to go cryptic. There is no way that grind will be worth it.

1stGear posted:

Now they too must face the grim truth that this forum accepts: there will never be a good MMO.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Jelly posted:

My favorite thing about this thread is I don't think the majority of participants have played this game for quite some time. Are there any other games threads that are mostly onlookers at a train wreck?

There's a few thousand pages on Star Citizen. But I dunno if it counts because it's not out yet, and when it does come out, I'm sure it'll be really really good and not at all bad.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

I hope my $40 star citizen package went towards those arm floaties so Chris could be safe on his yacht.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Anita Dickinme posted:

We got a whole system out with like four places you can dock your ship and twenty(?) planets and Croberts has his secret yacht so we all got what we expected. :v:

Lol. Can't believe it's been 10 years and they've done 1 system out of 100. But from what I hear, they've built groundpcbreaking technology from the ground up to build the game, and once it's finished, they'll smash the rest of the game out in like 2 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

1stGear posted:

"Hey, you know the instrument playing they have in FF14? What if we made it worse in every possible way?"

I hear actual songs being played in FFXIV. Like, actual real life songs. Shame that doesn't seem to be the case with new world. I would love to play 'Doin ya mom' on some lovely banjo. Another missed opportunity I suppose.