Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Any truth to a crafting experience nerf coming soon? Its already quite a slog to level most things. Everything requires a massive amount of materials to get to 200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
You know what breaks my immersion? A broken compass. Any quick way to fix that without restarting the game?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
There have been a few times on my server where my faction (green) couldnt declare war because it bugged out.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

My server might be on their way to this. Purple has been dominating in pvp, but green and yellow were working together to hold their territories from purple. Yesterday, the biggest purple companies switched to yellow. This leaves purple with hardly any companies and green a distant second. If you cant beat them, join them, i guess.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

BadLlama posted:

lol and lmao if anyone here is actually still playing this hot garbage

the only excuse would be literal brain damage

Tbf i play early access stuff anyways. But yes my brain is abby normal.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Who? Who made this decision? Is it like a self nomination? I mean i play the game, but uh..."Best"?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Lag is pretty fuckin terrible right now. Its not even peak time for my server. I came back this weekend after not playing since november. I never had any lag back then. This is almost unplayable at times. Might need to put this back on the shelf for a while. I just wanted to scratch a crafting/gathering itch.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Im in that category of farming mats for crafting. I do the occassional quest, but im just tryin to make the number go up. Its pretty disheartening to chop wood for hours just for charcoal and folding it up into wyrdwood or ironwood only to piss it away for maybe a level or two of whatever crafting focus im working on. I even went to first light because the trees clump more there and i dont have to walk as much. Anyways...im on break again. I filled my "number go up....so slowly" quota. If the game lives, ill be back in about 3 months. If this was some kinda subscription mmo, i woulda been out right away.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Discospawn posted:

Now that the unannounced PTR change of increasing the number resource nodes and reducing their cooldowns has been covered by content creators, there's a miniature civil war happening in the forums between the 2 types of farmers/crafters:
-1 side who opposes the change because they get their dopamine kick from selling things on the auction house (in which case the change will be bad because it will reduce scarcity and thus decrease how much they earn)
-the other side who supports the change because their dopamine release come just from being able to farm/mine/fish/etc. freely without competition or seeing obvious bots disrupt their gameplay loot, as they watch player stats increase (in which case these changes combined with dropping player populations will enhance their single-player simulation)

It's an ironic civil war, as neither side has any interest in actual PvP.

An update for the PTR is scheduled to drop later today, but no patch notes for it until after they update the client for some reason.

As peaceful as a civil war will get, i imagine. I would love this change. I dont wanna compete with bots for the 7 ori nodes i can solo. I might log in after that change.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

I know right?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

DancingShade posted:

As the only person in the new world subreddit with a heart monitor, taking 27 types of daily blood pressure medication with diminished vision in both eyes and early onset arthritis I believe my opinion to change all combat inputs to only that of a dance dance revolution pressure mat is the correct one.

Edit - Apologies I forgot to add a "sonny" or "kid" reference for use when speaking down to anyone who disagrees with a quack game design opinion.

Listen tiger, you dont need to hide your dreams.

Username/post checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Discospawn posted:

Edit: Also, as an update, I'm sorry to report that New World did not win the Webby award for Best User Experience. It was beaten by the game Unpacking, a cute little indie, pixel-art puzzle game. Other nominees in the category were Call of Duty: Vanguard, Switchcraft: Magical Match 3, and 12 Minutes.

Vanguard was absolute garbage...my friend conned me into buyin it to play with him and then stopped playin.