Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

So far almost every other mmo I’ve played has been better than this game. The people I play it with are still having fun though and I hate to be that guy making fun of the game while we play it.

It’s fun enough if you got a couple friends on the headset, but what game isn’t am I right!

I couldn’t see myself playing this solo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

EQ was radical when I was 13

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Oil! posted:

Training a Sand Giant to the docks in Oasis of Marr was absolutely amazing in 1999.

Vanilla EQ is a better game than this piece of poo poo.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Man this game just made me realize Everquest is free to play.

Nostalgia alone is making me want to download it

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Is there a good mmo out there or is WoW still the best one?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Retail or Classic Wow aren't even the best WoW you can ostensibly play.

Also who in their right mind would give Blizzard their money

So should I repeat the question or can you just re-read what I posted originally?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Have you tried FFXIV?

I would have to say it’s probably the best.

I can’t say the combat is better but it’s pretty good and the story is pretty great.

No I haven’t played an mmo since wow burning crusade I believe. I don’t really care about a story, more into dungeons and group stuff.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

gbuchold posted:

The best MMO is the one your irl friends play. The second best MMO is just going to bed early and getting some decent sleep.

The third best is probably FFXIV.

It’s crazy cause it seemed like there would always be a major MMO going after EQ and WOW.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Hemish posted:

That's nothing. A friend roped me into playing Ultima Online (a server called Outlands).

Lol, none of this will work if I can’t rope my friends into it as well.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I never pay attention to story in games, it’s all about the gameplay loop.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

The Lone Badger posted:

Do you consider loot-accumulating online multiplayer games like Warframe to be MMOs?

No

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I played eq again yesterday for the first time in like 20 years. It’s still kinda fun, I went to unrest and it was a real crazy trip back in time.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

It’s much better than this piece of poo poo game

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Man this brought me back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

Honestly I think New World sometimes has more fun train mechanics.

I haven’t done anything fun in this game yet