Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Dodging is cool and fun until they gave enemies a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

kedo posted:

So I think I'm finally done around level 25. I'm an old fart with a kid these days and I don't have endless hours throw away towards a lovely game. I've "enjoyed" the quest loop about as much as one could, but the straw that finally broke the camel's back was the stupid intro quest where some rear end in a top hat in the bar in town says, "okay now go to these three towers and loot a box," and after you do that he asks you do do the exact same thing four other times with different towers that are approximately 100 feet from the previous towers. But only ever three towers at a time! Not all the towers at once, that'd just be ridiculous!

A good MMO wastes my time without me realizing it because I'm having fun with its systems, but this MMO is just straight a waste of loving time.

ninjaedit: totally staying in this thread for the meltdowns tho

If they didn't have this quest line, I would have never noticed the subtle circle of obelisks on the map.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
This game is good if you play it the way as intended: sitting in discord with friends while fishing.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

sharknado slashfic posted:

AGS needs help. There are over 165 job openings and they could use some assistance with New World.
Discussion
I think they are struggling to find great programmers. Amazon funneled them $400million for new hires. If you are a good programmer and looking for a job. They need help. They are understaffed and the programming team they have is struggling to keep up with so many players finding bugs / exploits so fast.

No joke, go apply. And negotiate a salary based on your skills. If you can help them, do it. They are overwhelmed and understaffed for how popular this game is.

At its current rate, will be a year before the game is stable.

With an influx of programmers they can knock that down to 6 months….

Discuss.

As a software developer, I can say, with almost 100% certainty, that just adding more butts to seats will never speed things up. It takes time for new people to ramp up and they end up using up the time of experienced devs to learn meaning that the experienced people can't work on stuff. Sure, after a year you might have way more experienced people working on the product, but you will definitely not speed up things in the short term.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

FrostyPox posted:

This whole game feels like someone played Ark, WoW, and Destiny for about a month each, picked up "Coding for Dummies", and then decided to male an MMO

This game feels like talking shop with all my local friends that work for big, established game companies. They all are incredibly talented developers but end up hamstrung by management making bad decisions as well as the pressure to deliver everything quickly. You kinda just work with the hand you're dealt which is exactly what that twitter thread mentioned. Also, none of this management behavior is confined to game dev. Games just happen to have high visibility and the bugs are incredibly in your face.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I don't think outpost rush is good. With my 590 fire staff, my heavy attacks are hitting for like 500-800. This is nothing when people have like 10k+ hp. People just don't die because of all the permanent AoE healing circles everywhere. The best combos are heavy whatever with a dedicated healer because they can just keep walking forward and never die. There's also the brute bug where a team can all of a sudden be able to summon like 5 brutes from one token? I feel they need to tone down the healing for sure. It's just a clusterfuck of people swinging at each other on points and no one is dying. Also it's 50/50 if my fireball is actually gonna register as a hit.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
heavy melee with heavy healer is still the way to win OR games. It's easier to kill non heavy people, but it's almost impossible to kill heavy melee that have dedicated healers.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Biowarfare posted:

Isn't this a company that thrives on automating out as much human as possible?

I would totally be down for "GM world events" run via mechanical turk paying pennies to anyone willing to do it. We'd probably get some hilarious stories out of it.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Amazon should buy up everything on the trading post and delete it so stuff is worth gold again, or some other plan that actually works to reset value in the market.

Put down the excel sheets and go kill a monster sir.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Google Butt posted:

hey did they release a roadmap yet lol

The roadmap is probably get all the content back in that they had to cut out to meet release schedule.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

arbybaconator posted:

How’s he walking on air like that?

Level 54 Druid spell called Spirit of Eagle.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Mellow_ posted:

What the hell was that meme at the start supposed to be? Was it all inside jokes or some poo poo?

No flashy intro, no linkin park soundtrack, voice comms audible, and no kills. 3/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Control Volume posted:

Ill say what everyone else is thinking, because what were thinking is cold hard facts: pvpers are all psychotic mass murders of children

I’ll stop murdering children when they stop calling me slurs. :colbert: