Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Niners @ Bears could be competitive, also WFT @ Broncos.

Not in a pleasing way in either case, but competitive.

e:fb with extra examples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Al Groh in 2000, maybe? He left the Jets after one season to go coach at Virginia.

He's skipping over Saban there obviously :ninja:

Bill Walsh kinda in that he wasn't fired before kinda retiring to Stanford, but it wasn't an immediate move. Spurrier technically resigned before taking a year off and going to South Carolina, but I think both sides were done with each other there.

Apparently before any (or most) of us were born Dan Devine quit the Packers for the Notre Dame job?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

On the other hand, lol Chiefs Dline.

There's one guy in the DL rotation who can pass rush (and he's missed a couple of weeks), and one guy who at least does his own job on run D or used to when surrounded by some sort of NFL talent.

They are not the same person, I don't know if that part is good or bad. I do know the overall thing is ugly as all hell.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bows1 posted:

What’s ANY/A is that new?

Kalli posted:

Old Pro-football reference stat that's just another way of having a single number to tell you how a QB performed.

It's: adjusted net yards per passing attempt: (pass yards + 20*(pass TD) - 45*(interceptions thrown) - sack yards)/(passing attempts + sacks).

NY/A is basically accounting for sacks into yards per passing attempt, like that's all it does ((pass yards - sack yards)/(pass attemps + sacks)). Adjusted NY/A attempts to assign big plays (TDs/INTs) a numerical value adding onto that formula.

I don't know how long it's been around but quite a while like Kalli said, it's not complicated but it's one of those things you don't see unless you're a nerd like us and seek it out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

No amount of money is worth having to deal with recruiting

Some of those guys absolutely love it, I think it's a matter of making sure you win/give yourself a significant talent advantage before you ever even get to the field that gets them through the grind. Saban gets all pissy about having to play a bowl game if he's not in the playoffs because it takes time away from his recruiting time.

Or I'm sure some of them they just like making sales, I don't know.

Most of those people are not the same people who are successful NFL coaches.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mike White, I am mostly unfamiliar although I know he played last week.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1453398531008614408

Wiki just over here hating for no reason

quote:

He attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis and completed all of the combine and positional drills. His draft rise was hampered by his overall performance after he put up some of the lowest marks among all quarterbacks in combine drills.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Theyre so BAD

Better than the Lions apparently.

I think the only Chiefs DT who qualified for this chart is Jarran Reed unless I'm missing a name somewhere. Just in the meaty part of bad for him, whoever else has been lining up there might break the chart is all I can imagine.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: wrong thread

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I know if I had something described as a fracture that was healing the first thing I would do is put myself in a position where it might get hit with a hammer.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Unless I'm forgetting something (very possible) I think Suh has generally had good opinions about things whenever he speaks up about stuff? As long as you're not an opposing QB or lineman who is annoying him of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Packers?

Can’t imagine it’s anyone from the afc west.

For an NFC team the Cowboys make a lot of sense in they could really use some pass rush and Jerry isn't afraid to make noise. But I have no idea what their pick or cap situation looks like.