Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If Football Outsiders is published by ESPN, shouldn't they change their name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Who's the last non-fired NFL head coach to take a college job? Petrino is the only one I can remember at all. None others. No sireeee

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Am I taking crazy pills or does the leisurely dropback advocated by this dude end with Darnold getting mashed into the turf?

No I noticed it too. "He needs to be more patient and take a longer drop back" (ignores defender six inches from Darnold on what he says is an early throw)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Is there any other bigger chickenshit in NFL head coaching history than Bobby Petrino?

Bobby Petrino reminds me of when my father quit his job at the shipyard after finally having it out with the President of the company, a tremendously deceitful dickhead. He said something that always resonated with me:

"The worst thing about people with no integrity, is that when you tell them, to their face, that they have no integrity, they don't have the goddamned decency to get angry about it like you or me, because they know they have no integrity, and don't see a problem with it"

Dude ended getting his though, got fired by the yard owner in possibly the most chickenshit manner I've ever heard of. He went home for vacation for 3 weeks (he was a Brit), and while he was gone the company didn't renew his work visa. They didn't tell him.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

He's been the Steelers coach for 14 years, the 3rd longest tenured active coach. He's won a Super Bowl. He's not even 50 years old yet.

The NFL is the top of the football career pyramid, and he's pretty close to the top of that even. It's insulting to get asked about a rebuild job in minor league football. You don't ask Tony LaRussa about the Toledo Mud Hens vacancy. He has a right to be irritated at this poo poo.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

lol I can't see that as anything other than a Bengals QB stirring poo poo up for the Steelers

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

to be fair, payton is emulating tomlin by bringing in a rapist to be the QB.

At least Tomlin didn't know (ostensibly) he was getting a rapist.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

bows1 posted:

What’s ANY/A is that new?

Enya's rebranded trap alter ego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I've seen leaks of league owner meetings before, and none of them that detailed before. They are pisseddddddd