Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is this for kids or adults?

declaring myself Goatse patrol leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

gotta hand it to him, outside of the hat, looks comfy. looks like it's got pockets. *kicks back in dad chair*

He's wearing a TIE lmao

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

all troop leaders are either pedophiles or abusers

ok brief realpost this is a hosed up thing to say and very wrong

The problem with BSA is ironically the same thing that makes it good: it's extremely decentralized. The individual troop leaders have essentially zero oversight. This means that good troop leaders ignore certain dumb regressive rules and run awesome troops that are genuinely great for everyone involved, and others are terrible in every way it's possible to be terrible.

It's like parents that way - they aren't all bad because the high profile bad ones exist, and good ones should be thanked and encouraged

Now, back to the silliness of the thread:
Ranks

Lurker
Stupid Newbie
Forums User
Posting Superstar

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

i was making that joke about SA mods, not the actual boy scouts

I actually still think thats kind of lovely but carry on then