Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

posting itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

post hole digger posted:

1 hour zoom meeting with my camera off where i dont say a single word = earned 3 hours of posting and staring out the window

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
i just have c# training this week and they didn't bother to boil it down to the differences with c++ despite targeting an audience of seasoned c++ programmers so there's a lot of us nodding and trying not to fall asleep while the guy expounds about things like inheritance or the protected keyword for half an hour

we also saw the best practices for implementing the disposable pattern and lmao what a loving clown show, garbage collected languages are so stupid

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I'm coaxing my laptop to stay awake because a large critical download fails if it falls asleep and I can't change the sleep timer due to corporate security = work

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ADINSX posted:

I'm coaxing my laptop to stay awake because a large critical download fails if it falls asleep and I can't change the sleep timer due to corporate security = work

plug optical mouse in laptop

lie laptop screen down flat / put your iPad on your desk

open fullscreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHizSdXO7lQ&t=325s

put mouse on laptop screen /iPad

profit (by taking a nap)

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

ADINSX posted:

put your mouse on an analogue watch or video on your phone or something

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
use automouseclicker software

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Zlodo posted:

i just have c# training this week and they didn't bother to boil it down to the differences with c++ despite targeting an audience of seasoned c++ programmers so there's a lot of us nodding and trying not to fall asleep while the guy expounds about things like inheritance or the protected keyword for half an hour

it’s okay to stop the guy and say that we all know this, why don’t you fast forward to the part we don’t know yet. alternatively you can post on your phone while getting paid

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
protip: once your screen blanks you actually have 3-5 seconds to jiggle the mouse before windows locks you out

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

The Management posted:

you can post on your phone while getting paid

Just the essentials, please

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
recent change at my salt mine away from informal "you worked x hours nights and weekends, take most of that back by loving off from work early, put 40 on your time sheet, hr doesn't need to know about this, but we need you guys fresh and don't want the burnout timer to tick away any faster than absolutely necessary" to formal "gently caress you work more if you don't like it there's the door"

soooooo i've noticed an uptick in people being logged in but taking a really long time to get back on requests and i don't blame a single one of them

why yes, i am on a work call right now

my afternoon at work was what one could call "quiet"

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

open fullscreen

profit (by taking a nap)

mouse status: jiggled

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

reporting for duty

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

one of the best parts of having my main focus these days be a project for a customer 14,000 km away is that the latency makes video calls basically impossible so maybe one in five meetings I have involves me having my camera on

NoneMoreNegative posted:

open fullscreen

profit (by taking a nap)

need to find a cheap mouse for this because it doesn't work with my fancy IR laser mouse (that work paid for)

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
I use a trackball :smuggo:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Empty Pockets posted:

I use a trackball :smuggo:

sit on it to duplicate functionality

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

posting

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Zam Wesell posted:

use automouseclicker software

I just use a powershell script that toggles screenlock every four minutes, suck it teams

I just do my work during meetings, similar to how I would do homework for the previous class in the next class in school. Maybe public school did prepare me for the workforce, who knows.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
could you repeat that question, I couldn’t hear your audio very well (I.e. I wasn’t paying attention at all)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

time to log into zoom and switch off the camera again

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Management posted:

could you repeat that question, I couldn’t hear your audio very well (I.e. I wasn’t paying attention at all)

its scary how often i say/do this, it comes out of my mouth automatically whenever I hear my name.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

im the guy whose job it was to come up with the new name for facebook and im posting itt today :)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Currently analyzing several stories and breaking down the work by being at the store shopping for a sweatshirt.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
just spent an hour on the phone with bell to get cheaper/faster internet, but I work from home so it counts

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Currently analyzing several stories and breaking down the work by being at the store shopping for a sweatshirt.

I went and got boosted today instead of doing... What am I even doing now? I think I feel a sick day coming on...

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Ah, never really got used to t-shirt sizes

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
did you call in sick today post hole digger

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
just wrote a powershell script to generate random time tracking for the month in jira.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shaggar posted:

just wrote a powershell script to generate random time tracking for the month in jira.

cool

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

post-lunch nap is real tempting right now

SenatorIvy
Mar 1, 2003

Bush lied, Kentucky Fried.
Laundry is an essential part of work from home.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

had a nap and now i have a crick in my neck

SenatorIvy
Mar 1, 2003

Bush lied, Kentucky Fried.
Neck pain up in tha nap game

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’m using hackertyper to look like I’m busy

in case you didnt look for it

https://hackertyper.net

animist
Aug 28, 2018
not working rn

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

animist posted:

not working rn

when it says access denied you're supposed to swear under your breath and click the screen bro

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

when i was a kid my dad used to go on and on about retiring early and having no mortgage and blah blah. i used to think ‘stfu idiot of course people need to work’

now i am 40 with 25-30 loving years of working ahead of me and it loving sucks. i get you now dad

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

My boomer mother on the other hand is planning to work until she is 80, despite what her employer and family wants, because she just gosh darn enjoys it so much.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

My 90 year old Grandfather worked on the farm until the day before he died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

My 90 year old Grandfather worked on the farm until the day before he died.

he took a whole day off to die? i bet i could do it on the job. show him how it’s done